Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Sometimes they use white to make the marking stand out. Is the rest all white stars or are they black stars? If they are black that is correct and that cards is an error card. If the whole set has white stars then it is not an error and they did that to make things stand out so the icons can be seen. They do this on the Dark type cards so they can be seen.:)

jjjs11

Aspiring Trainer
Aegislash Card Error?

So I bought the new Mega Metagross EX box, and opened the packs. When I got to my last Phantom Forces pack, I was excited because I saw the special border of a EX card. Instantly I noticed that two of the corners on the left side were not rounded, and formed right angles instead. At first I thought maybe my box was fake, but all the code cards worked, and I bought it from Target (which I don't think buys fake stuff). Now that I have determined that it isn't fake, I am curious what it is, and just wanted to get other opinions on it. A picture of the card is attached.
Ki1nkqJ.jpg
Please put big images in spoiler tags. Thanks!
~Luispipe8

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Keep it forever and it get PSA graded cus im sure you wont find another like that in your lifetime

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Lokks like the edges were not rounded after it was cut with the cutters.:)

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
In reply to The-Kaiser here's my corrected Blaine's Charizard. I had this card in a binder for about 10 years and only learned last year there was an error card of it and that the corrected version was worth more.

tumblr_nf4ar2rcmf1r12rm4o7_r2_1280.jpg

Also I pulled a Manectric Full Art and it contained horizontal lines on the card. They are invisible so you can only see them in the right light.

tumblr_nf4ar2rcmf1r12rm4o7_r3_1280.jpg

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Blaine's Charizard had that error about 12 years ago and was fixed once it was discovered. Not sure why your Manectric would have lines unless the printer heads scratched the card while it was being printed during processing procedures. That would be the only things that could damage the cards..:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
What color is the back of the card? If that is purple it is a definite fake. If not then you got one of the cards when the toner was running out of ink. Also could have changed color from sunlight if left in the sun too long.:)

thefattyoftoday

Aspiring Trainer
misprint need info

got these a while ago from a premade deck box at walmart a dew years ago. id like to sell them dunno anything about misprinted cards
[attachment=7743]
[attachment=7744]

Attachments

• WP_20141229_006.jpg
    WP_20141229_006.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 38
  • WP_20141229_008.jpg
    WP_20141229_008.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 38

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
They both look fake to me especially when the Lucario is a dead giveaway that it is fake because it is not a Tauros it is Lucario. Wartorlte I have not seen the art on that card before so it is a possible fake as well.:)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
xxashxx said:
They both look fake to me especially when the Lucario is a dead giveaway that it is fake because it is not a Tauros it is Lucario. Wartorlte I have not seen the art on that card before so it is a possible fake as well.:)

The art can definitely be found on the real card, although both are fake, as THIRTEEN seaid.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Oh ok. The cards are sideways so I can't view them well like I possibly could if I used my tablet but I thought the top card was LZucario only because the cards pic was taken sideways. On Wartortle the art for that cart looked pretty fake. As I said because the art looked fake to me but I did not see the other stuff. Sideways pics make it difficult for me to see things properly.:)

cha

Aspiring Trainer
I got a Reshiram full art from legendary treasures. On the bottom right corner there is like a white circle blob.. would that be a printing[attachment=7750]

Attachments

• 1420734288007.jpg
    1420734288007.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 32

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
It's interesting that they got the moves correct, the size/weight and the hp but not the previous evolution...

In reply to the Wartortle.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
That would be fake. Incorrect names simply don't happen (and considering they're likely printed at the same time as all the other text, ALL the text would have to be wrong for a mistake that major, and anyone missing that in quality control would be grossly incompetent.)

piecatofwisdom

Aspiring Trainer
I have a quick question about a card I dug up recently. Its a fire energy card that has a green splotch on the bottom, underneath the ball, an a little by the 11/12 Minun on the side that seems to have been printed on the card. I was wondering if there's anyone else with this kind of card. also knowing how rare it is would be nice.

Attachments

• 20170401_112835.jpg
    20170401_112835.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: