Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Zorua, Oct 25, 2011.

1. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

That's a standard Fire Energy card that came from the Minun half deck from the EX Trainer Kit 2. The Trainer Kits have the cards numbered to denote a specific order, which is used to better teach a new player how to play. There doesn't seem to be any signs that it's a fake card, anyway; in fact, most fake cards don't crease like it has. :p

2. Dr Nobeard Aspiring Trainer
    Dr Nobeard

I have 3 misprints I was wondering about.

The first one is a Gloom from the Jungle Set, but instead of the Jungle icon it's the icon from Base set 2.

Second one is a Pidgeotto from the Secret Wonders Set, but instead of a picture of Pidgeotto and Pidgey (in the evolution box) there is a Furret on the main picture and a Sentret in the evolution box.

Last is a Drifloon from the Legends Awakened Set, it says 92/100 instead of 92/146 on the set number.

Are these worth anything extra? Couldn't find anything online about them.

3. RiverShock Aspiring Trainer
    RiverShock

I'd guess all three are fake. The latter two (especially the Pidgeotto, that kind of error simply doesn't happen) for sure. The first one is maybe plausible enough to maybe be genuine, but I doubt it. (And really, you'd need to provide images of these cards to be 100% certain.)

4. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

RiverShock hit the nail on the head - print errors like those that you described have sometimes occurred with actual Wizards / TCPi products, but it won't be just a once-off, and they'll be a number of those misprints in circuit. If you can't find any similar misprints online, you've most likely got a few fakes on your hands. There are some other visual tell-tale signs, so you might like to post some photos of those cards here if you want to be absolutely sure!

5. Scolibeast Aspiring Trainer
    Scolibeast

I have a misprint/different shade Mysterious Treasure. Idk what to do with it. I’ve compared it with other mysterious treasure card and the shade is off. The name also has like smudges on it. Anyone know what something like that is worth? Ill upload a pic of it when i’m home

6. dmode15 Aspiring Trainer
    dmode15

I’ve had cards like that a few times. I think it’s when they change the ink and they should be discarding the next few sheets but don’t. I doubt there is as much value to it as a miscut card.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  7. Not much value. If anything it’s probably less valuable than a miscut card, or one with a holo pattern across the whole thing

8. dmode15 Aspiring Trainer
    dmode15

It kind of speaks to how bad they are at printing the English cards compared to the Japanese cards. They seem to have such a difficult time getting the image cantered.

9. øøø Aspiring Trainer
    øøø

I have a Double Rainbow Energy card witch is misspelled as «Doudle». I didn’t see it in the list. Is it a common thing? I’ve just recently found my old cards from when I was a kid so I don’t have much knowledge, but find it interesting.

10. Adamburdette Aspiring Trainer
    Adamburdette

I scored this miss cut yesterday

[​IMG]

Mora likes this.
  11. Anthony Z Aspiring Trainer
    Anthony Z

I have a erika's dragonair card 4/132 gym heroes set with ink print streaks running down the middle of the holo I'm not sure the value or rarity of this card any info would be great.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?