Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I have a quick question about a card I dug up recently. Its a fire energy card that has a green splotch on the bottom, underneath the ball, an a little by the 11/12 Minun on the side that seems to have been printed on the card. I was wondering if there's anyone else with this kind of card. also knowing how rare it is would be nice.
That's a standard Fire Energy card that came from the Minun half deck from the EX Trainer Kit 2. The Trainer Kits have the cards numbered to denote a specific order, which is used to better teach a new player how to play. There doesn't seem to be any signs that it's a fake card, anyway; in fact, most fake cards don't crease like it has. :p

Dr Nobeard

Aspiring Trainer
I have 3 misprints I was wondering about.

The first one is a Gloom from the Jungle Set, but instead of the Jungle icon it's the icon from Base set 2.

Second one is a Pidgeotto from the Secret Wonders Set, but instead of a picture of Pidgeotto and Pidgey (in the evolution box) there is a Furret on the main picture and a Sentret in the evolution box.

Last is a Drifloon from the Legends Awakened Set, it says 92/100 instead of 92/146 on the set number.

Are these worth anything extra? Couldn't find anything online about them.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I'd guess all three are fake. The latter two (especially the Pidgeotto, that kind of error simply doesn't happen) for sure. The first one is maybe plausible enough to maybe be genuine, but I doubt it. (And really, you'd need to provide images of these cards to be 100% certain.)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I have 3 misprints I was wondering about.

The first one is a Gloom from the Jungle Set, but instead of the Jungle icon it's the icon from Base set 2.

Second one is a Pidgeotto from the Secret Wonders Set, but instead of a picture of Pidgeotto and Pidgey (in the evolution box) there is a Furret on the main picture and a Sentret in the evolution box.

Last is a Drifloon from the Legends Awakened Set, it says 92/100 instead of 92/146 on the set number.

Are these worth anything extra? Couldn't find anything online about them.

RiverShock hit the nail on the head - print errors like those that you described have sometimes occurred with actual Wizards / TCPi products, but it won't be just a once-off, and they'll be a number of those misprints in circuit. If you can't find any similar misprints online, you've most likely got a few fakes on your hands. There are some other visual tell-tale signs, so you might like to post some photos of those cards here if you want to be absolutely sure!

Scolibeast

Aspiring Trainer
I have a misprint/different shade Mysterious Treasure. Idk what to do with it. I’ve compared it with other mysterious treasure card and the shade is off. The name also has like smudges on it. Anyone know what something like that is worth? Ill upload a pic of it when i’m home

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
I’ve had cards like that a few times. I think it’s when they change the ink and they should be discarding the next few sheets but don’t. I doubt there is as much value to it as a miscut card.

Last edited:

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
Not much value. If anything it’s probably less valuable than a miscut card, or one with a holo pattern across the whole thing

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
It kind of speaks to how bad they are at printing the English cards compared to the Japanese cards. They seem to have such a difficult time getting the image cantered.

øøø

Aspiring Trainer
I have a Double Rainbow Energy card witch is misspelled as «Doudle». I didn’t see it in the list. Is it a common thing? I’ve just recently found my old cards from when I was a kid so I don’t have much knowledge, but find it interesting.

Adamburdette

Collecting Pokémon TCG Cards since 1999
I scored this miss cut yesterday

TJoLglN.jpg

Anthony Z

Aspiring Trainer
I have a erika's dragonair card 4/132 gym heroes set with ink print streaks running down the middle of the holo I'm not sure the value or rarity of this card any info would be great.

Peter Brown

Aspiring Trainer
I have an error clefable jungle edition card with a small ink dot on her lower body, I have the same card without the dot. You can see with a magnifying glass that it is under the laminate and was not added post production. It’s like a bellybutton on her lower right side of body if looking at the card. Anyone else see any of these ?

kyle suchecki

Aspiring Trainer
I have a 1st edition dragonite 19/62 that is supposed to be non holo.... the entire card is holo and also has a big miscut. {it is confirmed legit} dose anyone know anything about this?
thank you

Rob1205

Aspiring Trainer
I have a base set 12/102 Shiny Ninetales. The back of the card was printed or placed on upside down . I do not know how to upload pictures on here if someone can help me with that I’d be happy to upload a photo.

Brad K

Aspiring Trainer
I have a Base Set Holo Nidoking with a holo foil misprint. Anyone know of any others like this? I've only ever found one or two others through my research (other Pokemon). Any info or help would be awesome!
0CMIXJ-e7JKj5zRuhwkHJ51NA

Brad K

Aspiring Trainer
I have a Base Set Holo Nidoking with a holo foil misprint. Anyone know of any others like this? I've only ever found one or two others through my research (other Pokemon). Any info or help would be awesome!
0CMIXJ-e7JKj5zRuhwkHJ51NA
s-l500.jpg
Here is an example of the misprint...my picture wouldn't upload. Mine is Nidoking.

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
i have a Grimmsnarl V card that has a scratch in the holofoil from the factory, i pulled it from a pack during christmas time
IMG_20201224_202415216.jpg

fergusonkimberly1984@gmai

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone know anything about maybe how this error occurred

Attachments

• 17083438165343110341316957860046.jpg
    17083438165343110341316957860046.jpg
    914.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 17083438328627863316896957675154.jpg
    17083438328627863316896957675154.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 17083438466788881792406441551863.jpg