Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

Daelum said:
Artemis said:
Quick miscut question in regards to Plasma Storm:

I just opened my Plasma Storm box and got 4 higher-than-rare cards: 2 EX, 1 EX FA, 1 Shiny. Each of these cards appears to be slightly miscut, with the bottom border thicker than usual and the top border thinner. None of the other cards (holos, RHs, regular) share this trait. Is this just commonly how those cards were made in this set, or was I just another victim of TPCi's "awesome" printing quality? I don't really mind the miscut, it's just interesting that it's something all of those cards have. The only other Shiny I've pulled in English (A Gardevoir) was also miscut.

Apparently it isn't that uncommon. There is an eBay seller with a ton of Plasma URs for sale, and they are all really miscut, to the point where there is a slight part of another card on either the top or bottom.

Who is the seller? I would like to see these cards.

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

Reggie McGigas said:
Daelum said:
Apparently it isn't that uncommon. There is an eBay seller with a ton of Plasma URs for sale, and they are all really miscut, to the point where there is a slight part of another card on either the top or bottom.

Who is the seller? I would like to see these cards.

Just eBay search "Pokemon Miscut Plasma"

Hey you guys. I'm back here with another question. Got two booster boxes of Plasma Freeze. Sealed and everything. Opened one of them, got 3 FAs, 2 EXs, and 1 Spec. But the weird thing is, I had 37 packs in the box instead of 36. Ever heard of this happening? The other box has 37 packs as well.

Tamara said:
Hey you guys. I'm back here with another question. Got two booster boxes of Plasma Freeze. Sealed and everything. Opened one of them, got 3 FAs, 2 EXs, and 1 Spec. But the weird thing is, I had 37 packs in the box instead of 36. Ever heard of this happening? The other box has 37 packs as well.

I bought a blister pack for 4$ that had 2 packs in it and pulled a Victini EX FA from Plasma Storm...English pokemon products have become completely unreliable lately. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a box with half the packs or packs with not enough cards, or better yet cards from another card game entirely. haha

Tamara said:

How's this a card error? It sounds like more of TPCi's quality control.

Does anyone know how common these are, or can you point me to somewhere with some more information on them? I don't know how to describe them so my Google searches are coming up useless. Here's an image:

GlhUQLz.jpg

According to the eBay description it's a factory error.

Also check this out...a 1st edition 5/82 non-holo Dragonite just sold for $10,000 on eBay yesterday: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Dark-Dragonite-1st-Edition-Error-Card-5-82-Near-Mint-Mint-Condition-/281034136181

Geodudette said:
Does anyone know how common these are, or can you point me to somewhere with some more information on them? I don't know how to describe them so my Google searches are coming up useless. Here's an image:

GlhUQLz.jpg

According to the eBay description it's a factory error.

That is definitely not an error. What most likely happened was the seller found the card in their old binder and though it was an error, when it really is just some scratching.

There's more than 1 listed though with the same mark... It's weird.

theducktamer said:

So what appears to be a hole above the 1st Edition is a mark?

theducktamer said:

It looks like the owner stored his or her cards poorly though it could be anything.

Well he claims he's seen others besides his own, and it seems like I have too. He has two listings but uses only one picture. I'll ask him for a picture of both side by side and see what they look like. It's not just a hole in the ink though, there's also a white line above the hole, as if the machine somehow messed up when printing that corner of the border.

Do not believe that seller. It is scratched nothing special. In fact, the same 'mark' could have even been intentially made on several bad condition copies of that card.

Binx345 said:
Do not believe that seller. It is scratched nothing special. In fact, the same 'mark' could have even been intentially made on several bad condition copies of that card.

I would normally agree, but the white line above the mark throws me off.

The miscut on the Flygon is more noticeable in person, I have a few more cards like that...

The Slowking is my treasure, not sure if I am gonna let it go or not because of how rare it is to see an early Japanese error like that.

14dil1u.jpg

2s1of4l.jpg

517qcz.jpg

Is there any member who is interested in updating this database?

Although it won't be any time too soon, I do plan on doing some work for Bulbapedia and getting an errors section set up. When I do that, I shall also make contributions to this thread, especially seeing as I will be using it as one of my main resources.

I have a question though:
Should printer errors, that are 1 of a kind, be added to the database? Or only ones that have occurred to a handful of cards? I'm confused about this because if it were to have to be multiple cards, how do you tell the difference between just a random handful and a print run?

omahanime said:
Is there any member who is interested in updating this database?

I'm interested!

Daelum said:
Although it won't be any time too soon, I do plan on doing some work for Bulbapedia and getting an errors section set up. When I do that, I shall also make contributions to this thread, especially seeing as I will be using it as one of my main resources.

I have a question though:
Should printer errors, that are 1 of a kind, be added to the database? Or only ones that have occurred to a handful of cards? I'm confused about this because if it were to have to be multiple cards, how do you tell the difference between just a random handful and a print run?

I think for errors... it'll be clerical errors. Anything that's miscut/misaligned shouldn't be considered as error cards because those could happen to any card.

elam18 said:
I think for errors... it'll be clerical errors. Anything that's miscut/misaligned shouldn't be considered as error cards because those could happen to any card.
It may be worth noting printer errors that were more common in specific sets.

For example, the English Legendary Collection has frequent errors with the Energy symbols on RH cards.

Back