Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Zorua, Oct 25, 2011.

1. RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

Who is the seller? I would like to see these cards.

2. Daelum Climbing the stairs to the top
    Daelum

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

Just eBay search "Pokemon Miscut Plasma"

3. Tamara Aspiring Trainer
    Tamara

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

Hey you guys. I'm back here with another question. Got two booster boxes of Plasma Freeze. Sealed and everything. Opened one of them, got 3 FAs, 2 EXs, and 1 Spec. But the weird thing is, I had 37 packs in the box instead of 36. Ever heard of this happening? The other box has 37 packs as well.

4. bagoly14 Collecting is expensive -_-
    bagoly14

I bought a blister pack for 4$ that had 2 packs in it and pulled a Victini EX FA from Plasma Storm...English pokemon products have become completely unreliable lately. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a box with half the packs or packs with not enough cards, or better yet cards from another card game entirely. haha

5. Familiar Make 7up Yours!!!!!!
    Familiar

How's this a card error? It sounds like more of TPCi's quality control.

6. Geodudette Aspiring Trainer
    Geodudette

Does anyone know how common these are, or can you point me to somewhere with some more information on them? I don't know how to describe them so my Google searches are coming up useless. Here's an image:

[​IMG]

According to the eBay description it's a factory error.

7. Geodudette Aspiring Trainer
    Geodudette

Also check this out...a 1st edition 5/82 non-holo Dragonite just sold for $10,000 on eBay yesterday: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Dark-Dragonite-1st-Edition-Error-Card-5-82-Near-Mint-Mint-Condition-/281034136181

8. Daelum Climbing the stairs to the top
    Daelum

That is definitely not an error. What most likely happened was the seller found the card in their old binder and though it was an error, when it really is just some scratching.

9. theducktamer Tamer of all Ducks!
    theducktamer

There's more than 1 listed though with the same mark... It's weird.

10. omahanime Come and visit me.
    omahanime

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

So what appears to be a hole above the 1st Edition is a mark?

11. PokePhD PokéBeach Verified Seller
    PokePhD

It looks like the owner stored his or her cards poorly though it could be anything.

12. Geodudette Aspiring Trainer
    Geodudette

Well he claims he's seen others besides his own, and it seems like I have too. He has two listings but uses only one picture. I'll ask him for a picture of both side by side and see what they look like. It's not just a hole in the ink though, there's also a white line above the hole, as if the machine somehow messed up when printing that corner of the border.

13. Binx345 Verified Seller
    Binx345

Do not believe that seller. It is scratched nothing special. In fact, the same 'mark' could have even been intentially made on several bad condition copies of that card.

14. theducktamer Tamer of all Ducks!
    theducktamer

I would normally agree, but the white line above the mark throws me off.

15. Geodudette Aspiring Trainer
    Geodudette

Proof:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. bagoly14 Collecting is expensive -_-
    bagoly14

The miscut on the Flygon is more noticeable in person, I have a few more cards like that...

The Slowking is my treasure, not sure if I am gonna let it go or not because of how rare it is to see an early Japanese error like that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. omahanime Come and visit me.
    omahanime

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Is there any member who is interested in updating this database?

18. Daelum Climbing the stairs to the top
    Daelum

Although it won't be any time too soon, I do plan on doing some work for Bulbapedia and getting an errors section set up. When I do that, I shall also make contributions to this thread, especially seeing as I will be using it as one of my main resources.

I have a question though:
    Should printer errors, that are 1 of a kind, be added to the database? Or only ones that have occurred to a handful of cards? I'm confused about this because if it were to have to be multiple cards, how do you tell the difference between just a random handful and a print run?

19. elam18 Quitting Sale~ go to my ebay!
    elam18

I'm interested!

20. PokePhD PokéBeach Verified Seller
    PokePhD

It may be worth noting printer errors that were more common in specific sets.

For example, the English Legendary Collection has frequent errors with the Energy symbols on RH cards.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?