Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread

The holo on Zapdos goes to the bottom. The holo is just not apparent, because the saturation of the black ink covers it. On mine, if I change its orientation to a light source a couple faint holo lines appear.

http://imgur.com/a/97FH5#29

I've got one of three known copies of the misprint promo Mewtwo. One's owned by SuperMatt142 (who provided the scan you guys already have) and the third's on eBay right now from someone who used to play competitively, from my understanding.

Holy crap. lol You're very lucky. It's nice to see some more of these finally come out of the wood work. It's been YEARS since I've personally seen any but the 1. Congrats on getting such an amazing card!

Do you know, by chance, how the original owner obtained the card?

theducktamer said:
Holy crap. lol You're very lucky. It's nice to see some more of these finally come out of the wood work. It's been YEARS since I've personally seen any but the 1. Congrats on getting such an amazing card!

Do you know, by chance, how the original owner obtained the card?

I'll message her at some point; I never thought to ask!

Now if I could just get a hold of the Super Secret Battle set at a reasonable price...

omahanime said:
The holo on Zapdos goes to the bottom. The holo is just not apparent, because the saturation of the black ink covers it. On mine, if I change its orientation to a light source a couple faint holo lines appear.

Same with my Zapdos. And the Shiny Zoroark from ND has the evolution box for a stage 2.

New (?) error to report on some new promo cards I've acquired. There are some Stage 1 blisters out for EP now, and the Ninetails/Vulpix ones have a print error. The cards themselves are from the HGSS set, but they have the logo for Undaunted. The set numbers are correct. I didn't notice the error until after I'd already purchased the packs, so I don't know if it's all these cards or only a certain subset. Anyway, links to scans below for anyone interested.

(Error) Glass Ninetails
(Error) Vulpix

I currently own a misprint Mew which is named 'Specie' pokemon rather than 'Species'... It's from the set 'Secret Wonders', but while it's referenced on Bulpedia, I can't find it anywhere else.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Pop Series 5 Mew Delta Species (the fire one). I have one where the back is upside down.

ME TOO!!!!!! wooow I have needed that answer for a long time!!!!!! :) I was organizing my fire cards one day and thought something might be up :p I was SO scared that it was a fake.... :/ its like one of my favorite cards! I just posted this on youtube before I was gonna waste space making a new thread here, glad you said something, thanks!!!!

That Mew is real, it has both correct and error versions, with the error version being the more common version.

In regards to the upside down stamp errors being discussed, those are a rare find. I've been looking for those to buy for a while haha.

DJGigabyte said:
That Mew is real, it has both correct and error versions, with the error version being the more common version.

In regards to the upside down stamp errors being discussed, those are a rare find. I've been looking for those to buy for a while haha.

Only way I'd be giving mine up is if it were involved in a trade for the Super Secret Battle 1st place Mewtwo.

Haha, good luck. They aren't worth anywhere near as much as an SSB Mewtwo.

pokemoncards_unidentified.png

I've been puzzling over these two cards for a while. I'm not sure if the first is quite relevant here though.

The Wigglytuff looks to be the same as the 16/64 Wigglytuff in the Jungle set, except that it doesn't have the Jungle icon. As you can see it has no icon at all, indicating it's from the Base set but there aren't any Wigglys in the Base set.

The Togepi Trainer card I haven't found in any set lists in any form. I'd love to discover what it's from, but I realise this particular thread may not be the place for this question. If someone can tell me where it would be best ask about it that would be fantastic, thanks.

Thanks for any help. :)

I have a vulpix from the HeartGold SoulSilver set but the set symbol is the undaunted symbol. I was trying to sort it out into my collection by set and number when I noticed this. The card is shown 87/123 and I know the undaunted set only has 90. Same is for the Ninetails I got with it. It came in a purple pack with an Emerging Powers pack and a BLW sample pack with the vulpix and ninetails out front.

And I have that Wigglytuff error card but the previous owner had it scratched up bad. It was like the only scratched card out of all of them and it just HAD to be that one.

That Togepi card is fake.

The Wigglytuff is an error card. You can find all of the Jungle holos missing the set symbol.

theducktamer said:
That Togepi card is fake.

The Wigglytuff is an error card. You can find all of the Jungle holos missing the set symbol.

O= Ah, okay. Thanks very much.

In EX Sandstorm (which is not in your list on page 1), a number of Marill cards were accidentally printed with a Retreat Cost of 0, when it should have a Retreat Cost of {C}. I know, I was lucky enough to get one, and Nintendo ruled it: play as printed.

I have a few error-ised cards...
Dark Croconaw (idk what set) wrong number of teeth in the pokedex entry
Pineco(61/75)- says flip a coin twice when it shouldnt't
Dark Arbok- copyright date says 23000
Dialga (36/106)-credit to wrong illustrator
Gligar(67/105) Energy cost for attack isn't centered
The zubat with the resistance error
The length 15 lbs bulbasaur
Horsea (74/105)- one of the energy symbols is out of alignment
Alakazam (33/165)- italics error in pokepower
Togepi (56/105) italics error in first attack

Dunno if this is the right place...

I have a Solrock from TM (which I pulled from a box) that has holo all over the card instead of just the picture....
What is this? Is it common? How much is it worth?

Infinity said:
Dunno if this is the right place...

I have a Solrock from TM (which I pulled from a box) that has holo all over the card instead of just the picture....
What is this? Is it common? How much is it worth?

This is actually quite common among holos. He's saying that the holo pattern can be seen behind the text, which happens when the rest of the card is printed on not as heavily and is somewhat transparent to the point of you being able to see the holofoil paper. It's really not worth much more than the regular holo.

Back