Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

20130210_032115_zps84cfbcab.jpg

Found that there were 2 kinds of FA Colress and decided to report it, I've seen plenty of both versions.

EDIT: If you can't see what's different it's the textures, Colress 1 has hardly any is the background whereas Colress 2 does.

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

Huh thats interesting :) I'll be sure to check to see which one i get if i ever get one :)

I recently found this at Walmart. Not sure what to think; or do for that matter. Any ideas as to what this is about? It's still sealed. :S

Attachments

• photo (16).JPG
    photo (16).JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 86

all i can think of someone at Pokemon was really lazy or Walmart put it togethor from stuff that had got stolen and trying to sell what didnt get stolen

The-Kaiser said:
all i can think of someone at Pokemon was really lazy or Walmart put it togethor from stuff that had got stolen and trying to sell what didnt get stolen

So either way; is it worth keeping sealed, or should I open that bad boy?

I would open it. I don't see any way that it could increase the sell price, only decrease.

It looks like it was resealed, honestly. It was probably returned to the store and somebody forgot to send it to claims or something.

That sealing job DOES NOT look legitimate.

Yeah, the seal looks like it was done with a retail shrink wrapper. It's hard to evenly shrink wrap things that are oddly angled like those cases. It likely ended up in damages (from a return, or someone opening it in store), and guy who knows nothing about Pokémon and/or the TCG felt shrink wrapping it and reselling it would be easier than processing the return.

But, yeah, no reason not to open it really; anyone with shrink wrap and a hair dryer could make up a tin like that, so there's no real intrinsic value just because you bought it that way from a retail establishment.

Note the Mewtwo that looks like it's slipped down a bit.
If it isn't ridiculously expensive, it's still a Mewtwo and what looks like packs.

[attachment=7012]I have a misprinted Archeops card. I've looked around online, but haven't seen this particular misprint listed anywhere. The Archeops has 13000 HP (instead of 130), and the Rock Slide attack does 6000, also under it's Ancient Power there is a typo (Each player can't play any Pokemon from his or her hand to evolves his o her Pokemon)

I attached the scan of the card I just made.

Attachments

• ArcheonMisprint.jpg
    ArcheonMisprint.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 94

Joseph Oprysko said:
I have a misprinted Archeops card. I've looked around online, but haven't seen this particular misprint listed anywhere. The Archeops has 13000 HP (instead of 130), and the Rock Slide attack does 6000, also under it's Ancient Power there is a typo (Each player can't play any Pokemon from his or her hand to evolves his o her Pokemon)

The card you just made? Implying that you created a fake card and called it an error? Please clarify what you mean by this.

It looks fake to me. (the text font and the Energy symbols look off)

Brave Vesperia said:
Joseph Oprysko said:
I have a misprinted Archeops card. I've looked around online, but haven't seen this particular misprint listed anywhere. The Archeops has 13000 HP (instead of 130), and the Rock Slide attack does 6000, also under it's Ancient Power there is a typo (Each player can't play any Pokemon from his or her hand to evolves his o her Pokemon)

The card you just made? Implying that you created a fake card and called it an error? Please clarify what you mean by this.

He didn't make it. It's a fake card. My friend pulled it out of a fake pack a little bit ago.

Brave Vesperia said:
Joseph Oprysko said:

No, I meant I just scanned in the image.
My son came home with it today telling me it's a misprint. So I wanted to look into it. It's not a card I made or anything like that.

That is a fake card unfortunately. An easy way to tell is to go to PokeBeach's main site and pull up the scan for the real card. Then you can carefully compare the cards next to each other. Also compare that back to a card that you know is real. There's almost always obvious differences like color and feel.

I have a question. What is the best way to go about looking for new errors on cards that might not have been seen yet? It's such a meticulous process that can take hours so I was just wondering if there is an easier way

Cilan_The_Conoisseur123 said:
I have a question. What is the best way to go about looking for new errors on cards that might not have been seen yet? It's such a meticulous process that can take hours so I was just wondering if there is an easier way

I was just thinking about this the other day. My plan is looking at the scans PokeBeach puts up when the set comes up, doing 5-10 cards a day, examining each card for anything that might not seem correct. Then when I obtain the cards, I check them as I open the pack/purchase.

Quick miscut question in regards to Plasma Storm:

I just opened my Plasma Storm box and got 4 higher-than-rare cards: 2 EX, 1 EX FA, 1 Shiny. Each of these cards appears to be slightly miscut, with the bottom border thicker than usual and the top border thinner. None of the other cards (holos, RHs, regular) share this trait. Is this just commonly how those cards were made in this set, or was I just another victim of TPCi's "awesome" printing quality? I don't really mind the miscut, it's just interesting that it's something all of those cards have. The only other Shiny I've pulled in English (A Gardevoir) was also miscut.

Artemis said:
Quick miscut question in regards to Plasma Storm:

I just opened my Plasma Storm box and got 4 higher-than-rare cards: 2 EX, 1 EX FA, 1 Shiny. Each of these cards appears to be slightly miscut, with the bottom border thicker than usual and the top border thinner. None of the other cards (holos, RHs, regular) share this trait. Is this just commonly how those cards were made in this set, or was I just another victim of TPCi's "awesome" printing quality? I don't really mind the miscut, it's just interesting that it's something all of those cards have. The only other Shiny I've pulled in English (A Gardevoir) was also miscut.

Apparently it isn't that uncommon. There is an eBay seller with a ton of Plasma URs for sale, and they are all really miscut, to the point where there is a slight part of another card on either the top or bottom.

Now, see, that would actually be kind of cool. None of mine are that bad.

Back