Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

RE: *** Card Errors and Misprints Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any)

Eevee_breeder said:
MountainDrew said:
I have a question I got a full art rayquaza ex and it has all these weird white marks all over the back and it came out of the pack like that. Does anyone else have this problem on any of their dragons exalted cards

yeah i got the exact same like little tiny white scratches on the back of rayquaza ex fa
heres a pic!
hopefully you can see this!

That is a very cool misprint you got there. :)

RE: *** Card Errors and Misprints Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any)

I don't like some of these "misprints". How do we know that they're just not defaced cards. I'm not going to get excited about a card that someone takes acetone to.

Why would someone lie about this on this site? There not getting any prizes out of it.

I've had this Moltres card for so long now... I think since 2000?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=614257928600649&set=a.614257915267317.1073741825.100000493412975&type=3&theater

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

PokeFan124 said:
Upload more miscuts if you can. :)

NO!

From here on, no miscuts, no cards with ink spots, or no cards with white spots. If it is a card that is unique, it is spam. Warnings will be issued. If you disagree with this policy, you can pm me.

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

omahanime said:
PokeFan124 said:
Upload more miscuts if you can. :)

NO!

From here on, no miscuts, no cards with ink spots, or no cards with white spots. If it is a card that is unique, it is spam. Warnings will be issued. If you disagree with this policy, you can pm me.

I agree man don't worry. :)

PokeFan124 said:
SheNinja said:
Could we have a picture of the back of the card in question to tell with greater accuracy if it's real or not?

Yes I will try to get a pictures as soon as possible. I can't get a picture of it today because my brother went to a sleep over.

There are fake cards with blue backs that are made to look legit. However these are fake cards. Sometimes they are slightly smaller in width too. I have seen fakes like this before. I am 95% sure that card is a fake XD.:)

xxashxx said:
PokeFan124 said:
Yes I will try to get a pictures as soon as possible. I can't get a picture of it today because my brother went to a sleep over.

There are fake cards with blue backs that are made to look legit. However these are fake cards. Sometimes they are slightly smaller in width too. I have seen fakes like this before. I am 95% sure that card is a fake XD.:)

They are not fake they are real I got them from walmart like 3 years ago, and walmart never sell fakes ever.

xxashxx said:
PokeFan124 said:

Xxashxx look at the card that daelum got. Go to this link. http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=53492&c=16

I wouldn't call that an error; or a misprint for that matter! It seems normal to me and if anything it would be a misprint and not an error, so it wouldn't go in this thread anyways.

And the fact that Walmart doesn't sell fake cards is false. They have and do at times sell fakes.

theducktamer said:
And the fact that Walmart doesn't sell fake cards is false. They have and do at times sell fakes.

Yeah I did not get any fakes cards and you are right they do sometimes sell fake cards but isn't rare for walmart to sell fake cards.

Why was this unstickied?

PokeFan124 said:
theducktamer said:

Yeah I did not get any fakes cards and you are right they do sometimes sell fake cards but isn't rare for walmart to sell fake cards.

It's obviously fake... Trust me, TPC doesn't mess up like that. Sure they screw up with packaging, and occasionally cut cards wrong. Those are fake, just deal with it my friend.

PokeFan124 said:
xxashxx said:

They are not fake they are real I got them from walmart like 3 years ago, and walmart never sell fakes ever.

xxashxx said:

Xxashxx look at the card that daelum got. Go to this link. http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=53492&c=16

That is a normal card XD. I did not see any misprint on it though. What I am saying is Wal Mart may sell Pokemon real TCG cards but there are fakes out there with blue backs and are slightly smaller in width. When you put the fake over a real card you can see the whole left or right border of the real card below it. These are fakes if they are that small with a blue or purple backing XD.:)

xxashxx said:
PokeFan124 said:

That is a normal card XD. I did not see any misprint on it though. What I am saying is Wal Mart may sell Pokemon real TCG cards but there are fakes out there with blue backs and are slightly smaller in width. When you put the fake over a real card you can see the whole left or right border of the real card below it. These are fakes if they are that small with a blue or purple backing XD.:)

Are you serious? Did you read anything on that page, or even view the image? It is a misprint - the symbols inside the Energy circles are too far to the right. It's a misprint, not a normal card.

Also, your way of telling if a card is fake will work for poorly made fake cards. However, there are some quality fakes out there, and your method is not guaranteed to work. A more reliable test would be the energy symbol test, or the font used for the attacks.

All early Call of Legends Reverse Holo cards had all the Energy Symbols too far to the right.
They corrected this error in later print runs. So it's a real card and a real error.

Walmart/target/kmart have sold fakes occasionally! They are "repacks". Usually from LLC or Excell Marketing (look on the back of the blister pack and there should be pokemon company or pokemon usa on it. Secondary market companies that have loose cards, or maybe a combo of loose cards and sealed packs, can sometimes sell fakes without even realizing it. There are also boxes with random pokemon stuff or sometimes pokemon/magic/yugi/webkinz/etc various packs all in it. These packages will say something like "cards are from secondary market" or "not affiliated with Pokemon/Nintendo/Yugi-oh" etc. The only good thing from these "secondary market" items, is that you may get really old promos, old cards, or interesting pokemon stickers/cards from UK/Japan/etc. Occasionally they will even have legit old EX or LV X in them, but that is very rare. Expect a lot of commons or energies.

Daelum said:
xxashxx said:

Are you serious? Did you read anything on that page, or even view the image? It is a misprint - the symbols inside the Energy circles are too far to the right. It's a misprint, not a normal card.

Also, your way of telling if a card is fake will work for poorly made fake cards. However, there are some quality fakes out there, and your method is not guaranteed to work. A more reliable test would be the energy symbol test, or the font used for the attacks.

Yeah I saw that image of the Ho-oh. However I did not notice the symbols were to far over as I am mostly blind so I would not notice that right away and since I have no depth perception either it also makes it harder to notice things like that It might be obvious to you because you can see that but I cannot and it would take awhile to even notice it for me.

On the other hand the ways I mentioned for telling a fake from a real card was only ne of the ways to tell a fake from a real card because that is one of the most common errors on a fake is the size of the card. I don't know if you have seen the smaller cards that look legit from the front and back but if you notice the size of the card and you notice it is a bit smaller you better put it over a real card to see if it is small. If it is it is a fake. Of course messed up alignment or text identifies a fake as well as the picture meaning if the picture is not what it should be on a real card. There are so many other fake identities that I am not going to post here because it is long that it is not even funny XD.:)

I have a reverse holo from COL with stuff misaligned like that also so im sure Ho-oH is real :)

Ho-oh is a real card I just did not notice the energy symbols being off. To notice it you need a sharp eye. I don't have a sharp eye or I would have caught that too XD.

Back