Boston Marathon Explosion

RE: Boston Marathon

-shrug- A terrorist. Probably not the stereotypical middle-eastern variant, but a terrorist nonetheless. Doesn't really matter to me who did it; I have no reason to give the perpetrator any thought. They don't deserve that.
They probably did it for the attention. The media gives incidents like this soooo much coverage. And half of it is about the killer, not the victims. One-hour specials speculating what was going on in their head. Great job guys. You're giving them exactly what they wanted.

Pardon if I sound a bit short, but I'm a little exhausted by this whole thing. Especially the jokes on Facebook. It's barely been two hours, are we really doing this already?

Currently from what I've seen, there hasn't been anyone who has a finger pointed at them.

Probably the first time I've been home alone for an extended period of time in a while...interesting day to have this happen.

I guess it's confirmed it wasn't an accidental occurrence? I haven't been paying much attention to it. I only heard about it when my dad called me to inform me. I thought it seemed like a coincidence that it happened today, but if it was an attack then that's not surprising at all. I hope they catch whoever's behind it and that any/all people and their families affected by it are able to recover from this tragedy.

I live right near Boston, and rumors are going around that this was the work of North Korea. Granted I don't really have a reason to believe it, but just thought I'd update you guys with people's thoughts in Massachusetts.

This was a dreadful event. With all of this stuff happening lately I'm almost conscious about walking outside every morning. These poor people, what a senseless attack. All the while this event seems to me as if it was just a result of a group of teenagers or some kind of hostile interest group. The Boston Marathon is such a peculiar event to attack, I highly doubt it was foreign terrorism.

Btw, contrary to what you may think, not everyone knows what this is, it only happened a few hours ago. I've updated your thread/OP accordingly. :]

My prayers and condolences go out to the victims and those who got in injured in this horrible, tragic event.

So sad. All the injure people and specially the death's family, must be having a horrible time. Some might be scared even if they didn't got injured.

14jp3xg.jpg

That picture in the live update really tells the true story of how terrible this indecent was. My prayers go out to all of the families of the victims.

Man that so sad..... It's pretty bad when you just go to have fun, and run a race, and stuff like this happens. I hope the families can recover from this.

This picture seems incredibly relevant right now:
14034_451346858286356_478881216_n.jpg

It's horrible that this happened but the strength of the people out there helping to clean things up is amazing. Huge amounts of respect for them.

From what I heard, they have a suspect in the General MA Hospital right now.

My prayers go out to the injured and the families of the injured.

My prayers also go out to all those people that have been injured physically and emotionally. This is another tragic incident that shouldn't have happened, and could have been prevented. Not blaming anyone, but I hope that the people that did this feel justice, and the people of Boston and the citizens that have been injured have a peaceful recovery.

Also I forgot to mention that they were supposed to check the trash cans for suspicious objects before the race, but someone didn't do their job, and it turns out the bombs detonated from said trash cans. >=( :(

Wow...I wonder how that someone must be feeling right now. It's kinda interesting, I didn't know that marathons were hot spots for such attacks. Apparently they are if they have standard procedure to check trash cans and stuff.

As far as I know, marathons aren't hot spots any more than any other large public events are hotspots. That's part of what makes this so terrifying; it was an attack on a completely benign event that had nothing to do with politics, religion, etc. A lot of people were looking forward to running this marathon all year. My brother is a runner and he would have gone if he'd had the chance. It's just... disgusting. There was no conceivable reason for it.

Seems north korea finally nuked us!

Jokes aside, this is a tragic event, and my prayers to the families who got injured and stuff.

Back