Boston Marathon Explosion

Poor, poor people, my thoughts go out to them and their families.
In other news, NK had a marathon not too long ago, so they might have done it.

Haunted Water said:
^Which is why the act is considered non-terrorist.

As far as anyone knows, it was meant to cause a state of panic, which would still classify it as an act of terrorism.

Terrorism: The act of doing extreme acts to terrorize people and gain media attention and let your cause be known.
Unless the perps are anarchists, this is just a random act of violence.

Not really, considering the media attention the've been getting. Even here in Greece they're No.1 on TV. Of course, if no organization takes responsibility, we can't be sure.
And unfortunately, last news is that an 8-year old died, sending the death toll to 3. My mind is with these people's families.

frezgle said:
My brother is a runner and he would have gone if he'd had the chance. It's just... disgusting. There was no conceivable reason for it.

Just be thankful that your brother didn't attend the Boston Marathon this year. But yeah this was a despicable act and my heart and prayers go out to the victims and families of this terrible tragedy.

If it was a terrorist attack, they did a pretty bad job-especially after flying planes into buildings. A pressure cooker bomb is nothing in comparison. It's probably domestic terrorism if its anything more than your average lunatic. I did hear that someone tried to poison the president and other important people through the mail yesterday. The people I've talled to seem to think it's related.

Mora said:
I did hear that someone tried to poison the president and other important people through the mail yesterday. The people I've talled to seem to think it's related.

They did try that same thing about a week after 9/11 in 2001. Someone sent letters laced with Anthrax (the poison) to high-standing government officials, and Tom Brokaw.

Photos released. The guys in the pics are the two responsible for sure. I've done plenty of rucks to know what weight on the shoulders looks like.

The NY Times is saying that one suspect has already died in a police standoff. The other is on a crime spree, which most likely left this officer dead. My prayers go out to this officer and his family.

News Story

NY Timess said:
One of two suspects wanted in Monday’s deadly Boston marathon bombing was killed early Friday in a violent standoff with the police in a quiet residential neighborhood just west of Boston. The second suspect remained at large following what authorities described as a deadly crime spree that left one police officer dead and another seriously wounded.

The fact that they were Chechen.
F***s given: 0
The fact that the one paid for his crimes with his life; serves him right. Equal punishment.
The chilling fact that some screwbrain is most likely going to make a movie out of it is what scares me.

Just heard that there was a shooting a few days after the explosion in Boston. On a side note, does anyone think the Texan explosion and this one are connected? I sure really, really hope it's not North Korea. If they're that good, we're screwed.

Yeah, brothers Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, are guilty of this crime. They are still searching for this guy, and are trying to capture, not kill, him so that they can find out why they did this. (Live Updates)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bomb-suspects-dad-tells-son-surrender-hell/story?id=18995936#.UXG7crXCZ8F

Dad threatens with a statement.

They have just caught Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and he is now in custody. Apparently he was bugging out in a boat in someone's backyard and was badly wounded.

Justice will be served with lifetime of shelter, food, free healthcare. Yea... Some justice we have set up for him.

Back