Booster Buying Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy star - You get boxes for judging events? WOW!
lol 5 boxes is insane - selling any?
Im thinking if getting 2 boxes of LM seeing as it is gonna be a mad set.

It really adds up quickly, doesn't it? lol

Oh, and into the weighing of packs, some packs will be bent from heat (in locations such as Texas) making it easier to spot the holo/ex/star packs.

Wow, guess the bendy card trick would work for Aus too since it's so damn hot.

But I get enough weird looks just going in and asking for a few booster packs already, without asking if I can weigh them. :| They keep em behind the counter in a cabinet, you see. :( So even if I DID want to shoplift, which i wouldn't, it would be awfully hard.

POLOP, where do you buy boxes of cards from? And how many packets would you get in a box?

Boxes is from a seller on Ebay which is top secret.

They cost 50AUD each so if you want a box, ask me or Polop so we can get a box and there is 36 cardspacks per box.

O yeah - Feb is going to be so damn hot so i gues si could leave some booster packs out near my windows to see that ttheory could be right. ha ha ah

lol yeah i reckon. I got a Spoink the other day that was almost turned inside-out, I guess that has something to do with it.

Oh ok, thanks Jade. :D But nah, I think I'll give it a miss. I don't have $50 to spend, lol!

RE:  Booster Buying Tips

brendan2236 said:
Were can you get a pocket jewlers scale?

Would a postal scale be just as good?

I usually do not stay alert when examining my packs. I usually buy 2 36-pack boxes each set and hope to get my cards from there.

Lol I can just imagine me walking into the post office and weighing pokemon packs on their scales.
Ill try and find somone with scales like that and borrow it off them.
But I have never sen the cards bending in packs before they are opened (I'm in Aus as well). Even the Deoxys AH's I havent seen bend in packs.

Hmm... ya better experiment that theory with our many DX boxes...

well the VS seekers arrived today and o yeah liam pomfret wanna piggyback your order with about 4 boxes.

Like I said before, I have got no money.
Sorry, but I am not buying any more for anyone.

I've seen a bending cards while still in its pack (I forgot the expansion) so I chose that one ^^...yay! 2 Holos! XD XD

Today I bought 5 Boosters and 4 of them are sucks! TxT
the first one (delta Species) I was really sure that has 2 Rare Holos (well, I was expecting an EX there... XD)... yes, 2 Rare Holos...
but others are £!$!"%£^"%£ nothing good at all...
I hate when the booster are packed in a case individually (do u know what I mean?) so I can't 'feel' the weight...

I was going to bring scale to the shop but I know that is not a good thing to do...

yeah scales would make you look like a mega-dork. still, i guess we are all mega dorks.

i'm getting some tomorrow, i think i'll try out the 'feel for bendiness' technique. :)

Regretfully, at the store I get them at the cards are served in a pseudo-deli sort of way, where they're behind glass along with Yu-Gi-Oh and sports cards, I point out which ones I want, and he gives them to me. And the man's always so flustered I buy Pokémon cards -at all- that I doubt he'd let me sit there with a scale or ask him to get all the packs out and let me bend them.

Drat.

I know the feeling. >_<

Also, as soon as I walk into a shop to get cards I seem to run into numerous people I know. How annoying.

Why we should hide our likeness to them?
I really like to express how I like Pokemon to my friends... the result is, I got new friends who like Pokemon too, how happy I am ^^...

but, it's hard to find a friend who like playing Pokemon TCG...aww...

next saturday I will buy a bunch of packs...hopefully get some good cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back