Booster Buying Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungle in Fossil pack?
so it's real...
but it's good to get 5 free Gym boosters...
I only have an option to trade 2 uncommons for 1 rare... :(

Well, that's the only time in my life where I have had a strangely packed booster and i must have bought at least thousands of boosters in my life...

yep, till now that was the only one strange booster I ever had...
wow, thousands boosters?
hmm...I've only bought at least 200-300 boosters...
but of course with poor luck getting holos (old days) or EXs (now... T,T)
My best luck was used when I bought EX R/S packs for the 1st time...
I only bought 1 booster and get Mewtwo EX! but...after that, the next EX was Blissey EX from UFo...
I must keep practice when bending the boosters...

Well I did start buying boosters right from Base set which was about 8 years ago. When I got my job 2 years ago I had the money to buy more boosters and now I earn enough to buy things in bulk, like Booster Boxes. I'm currently waiting on 5 booster boxes which I should get around early Febuary, so that's 180 booster packs to open in 1 day :D I have bought well over 1000 boosters in my life as far as I know.

yes, I did start buying boosters right from Base set...but not many boosters....
and I still don't have a lot of money to bought a box...
my first box will be Legend Maker...
I'm saving my money for this one >,<
I don't care what people around me will say about this...
I will buy a box!!
coz I can't rely my luck when buying boosters..
only if I can bring scale to the store... >,<

sometimes, yes...
sometimes I just know which booster is heavier...or thicker :) (2 holos there)
but sometimes it's hard to feel it...

ew...first of all, sorry to double post...

today I only bought 1 Delta Species Booster for my brother...
They just open the box, so, I choose the pack from the bottom :)
And, I feel 1 pack that a little thicker...and, yep, 1 Jolteon EX for my bro!
DS box only contain 1 EX right...So I didn't bought one myself because there are no more EX there >,<

RE:  Booster Buying Tips

astral_boy said:
lol yeah i reckon. I got a Spoink the other day that was almost turned inside-out, I guess that has something to do with it.

Oh ok, thanks Jade. :D But nah, I think I'll give it a miss. I don't have $50 to spend, lol!
Turned inside out?!? "gasp"

RE:  Booster Buying Tips

Kakusu said:
Heres some tricks ive learned, Ex's are made of high amounts of alum, so there packs will feel very slightly heavier and are slightly wider(front to back). Also grabbing packs from the bottom helps a bit since your rares are inserted semi last juring packaging. Another thing you can try is bending the pack a bit (not so much it wrecks the cards) packs harder to bend sometimes contain your EX's.
Well, I bought a DS booster box and checked bottom packs, no exs, then i checked the top and on the left, second row from top, when opened it and flipped a few cards, there it was, GLARING at me, a Flareon EX

Did all of you notice that Unseen Force's ex cards almost come from the Raikou's packs and the steelix's packs?
Am I right?
(In my case,1 ex card and 1 star come from Raikou and 3 ex cards come from the steelix)

I dont think that the pack pictures make a difference or not. I dont even remember or take note of which good cards come out what packs. I think you just got lucky, that's all since there isnt any set pattern to Ex's or *'s in packs.

No. Officially, each pack is "supposed" to be random. Over the years I too have noticed that certain pics on the boosters contain cards which are better than others but that is purely based on estimation. I would say that it is all jsut a coincidence.

hmm...so maybe sometimes, some pics contain better cards?
maybe this is a coincidence too but...
UFo Umbreon's pack.... I got 2 EX from there... and good holos too,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back