Booster Buying Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendan2236

Pokemon Master
I never seem too get any good cards in booster packs, does anybody have any tricks to tell if a pack has good cards in it before you buy it?

If you want to have a good chance of getting a holo, I'd suggest you buy them at least three packs at a time - since the official chance of a holo is 1:3, that should get you at least one holo.

YGO has a trick where holo cards weigh more than rare cards.. but I don't think that works for Pokemon, 'cause every pack has a foil in it anyway.

hmmm yes, I do not think there is any way that you can tell if a pack has good cards or not.
I did a little study where I opened 2 boxes and recorde what was in each pack and where the pack was situated in the box.
I did not find any evidence of holos or ex's being in the same spots in boxes.

Heres some tricks ive learned, Ex's are made of high amounts of alum, so there packs will feel very slightly heavier and are slightly wider(front to back). Also grabbing packs from the bottom helps a bit since your rares are inserted semi last juring packaging. Another thing you can try is bending the pack a bit (not so much it wrecks the cards) packs harder to bend sometimes contain your EX's.

well it both depends wat deck type u run n what u r looking 4. EXAMPLE: Deoxys packs have a lot of Grass & Psychic types and Team Rocket Returns has tons of Darkness types.

POLOP, Abhorsen & Pidgeot5 - we better open our Deoxys boxes to see if Kakusu's theory is right, we need to have a weight meseaure in hand to weight the unopened packs and always take note of the weight containts. When done them, open these which are heavier than others to see if the theory is right =)

Booster packs with holos in them will weigh a few grams more than a pack without a holo. It's been proven.

also if its hard to open up a pack and you feel there seems to be alot of cards in there then its an ex card. At least thats what i think it is:p

I think it all depends on luck.

Although if the theories are right, how are you going to weight the booster packs when you buy it? Like, maybe, bring a scale to the shop? People would probably give you strange looks.:D

Hmmm,
that is interesting.
I will try and find a scale which weighs lightly and test this out.
lol, not in a shop though.

I shoplift once - it was a W Stamped promo/

At Target theres an opened Battle Stadium gift box so im thinking of shoplift but dont wanna be inn trouble.

For those interested, the scale is known as a Pocket Jewler's scale.

It's a scale that Jewler's use. It's exactly what it sounds like.

...Is an excerpt (kinda) of Benlugia from the gym explaining this.

But isn't the topic named "Booster BUYING Tips", meaning that shoplifting is out of the question?

But as far as Legend Maker goes, I'm going to be in possesion of approximately 5 boxes of product, through judging and my friends playing.

So I won't really need to buy out of this set.

I have no idea.  Benlugia never said (for obvious reasons), and I'm not too sure what one would look like.

I'd say go and Google it, and see if that comes up with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back