Booster Buying Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I'd prefer not to let everyone know. over here it's not really that big, the only people i know of who play it other than me is my bro and my friend, and that's enough people for me.

the card game and the gameboy games are the only things i like, i actually hate the anime and the games for GC etc. However I still think they could release a good pokemon rpg some time soon, it'd earn lots o' dosh.

if you love the games and dislike the anime, you may like the Pokemon Adventures Manga - you can order them from a user called Grimsg. She can be found at www.Serebiiforums.com and www.PokeCommunity.com

about hidding your "passion' for pokemon is actually hard,...
i have hard times browsing for pokemon cards while all the other poeple in the shop are browsing/playing yu-gi-oh cards,, i only told my family about my hobby... not one of my friends knows it
but sometimes i see kids playing their cards and then i realized how i truly missed the old days when everyone of my friends played pokemon cards together....

MysteryE: you got a fellow Indonesian player- in-the-ra? lol. seriously.

alot of friends knows i still love pokemon and they cannot stand it.

Jade said:
MysteryE: you got a fellow Indonesian player- in-the-ra? lol. seriously.

alot of friends knows i still love pokemon and they cannot stand it.

lol... yep you're right, in-the-ra is also my friend in Indonesian Forum ^^
btw, there's one more who also Indonesian here ^^...

Yeah, I agree with in-the-ra, I missed the old days when we buy boosters together and play together... T.T

I want to know, why the contents of boosters reduce to 9??

Jade said:
Because of the reverse holo?

ahh...maybe you are right...
but it would be better if 11 cards + reverse holo ^^
how about in Japanese expansion?
I remember there was some booster who only got 5 cards...
Japanese Packs ALWAYS get 1 holos and 1 rare right? sometime you got 2 holos from there...

Hey, I'm new here but couldn't help but throw in a word about this. I've found that on average, the last packs in a box have the most chances of getting an ex. I think Ive pulled 9 out of my 17 there. Now thats slightly over half but considering Ive only bought a few packs, and the occasional box thats not bad. Ive also gotten my Metagross star out of the bottom of a box. THis could and likely is pure luck, but lately Ive been able to call about 75% of the ex pokemon locations by buying 3-4 packs.

Osiris' Prophet said:
Hey, I'm new here but couldn't help but throw in a word about this. I've found that on average, the last packs in a box have the most chances of getting an ex. I think Ive pulled 9 out of my 17 there. Now thats slightly over half but considering Ive only bought a few packs, and the occasional box thats not bad. Ive also gotten my Metagross star out of the bottom of a box. THis could and likely is pure luck, but lately Ive been able to call about 75% of the ex pokemon locations by buying 3-4 packs.

i think this might be correct cos the production might inserted the holo filled booster inthe back cos the machine or something.. (the one that insures that in each box has the balance rate of holofoils) so it might be true or just pure luck

Yeah but only if I can chose the back one...
coz the store already put the boosters in other place...
that's mean I won't know which one that placed at the back of the box...

sometimes it's hard to feel the bend...
btw, where I can buy a box with cheaper price?
I don't want to waste my money about 100 US$! that's the price in my store... >,<

Gud day sir! Newbie here from Philippines... Here, I saw my League Leader once buying a boosters and what he did is he just pick the two packs with the same pokemon as cover (He buy Delta Species Packs} from the box and we amazed he got 1 jolteon ex! Try it. It might help. I guess...

maybe he just lucky ^^...

hei guys I have a question...
I've a strange and silly experience...
once a time I bought a booster not from TCG store but from seller near my old school...
He sell both fake and real Pokemon TCG... He already know that I always bought the real one...
then, I bought a booster from him... (EX Ruby/Sapphire)
what did I get?? 5 Commons and 4 uncommons! NO RARE! How could that happen??
Too bad that I didn't open the booster myself but my little bro did...
I went late so when I arrive at home the booster already opened...
Of course I got so confuse and want to trade it back... the seller just say sorry and trade my 2 uncommons for 1 rare...

my question is... is that...for REAL...?
I mean, the seller not repackaging the cards?
I know for sure that I bought a real cards, not the fake one...

really??
how about that booster that I bought?
I know that it's real...
oh, I got fighting Energy reverse holo from that R/S strangae pack... and it's not fake...
agh... I want to know the truth...and the seller didn't know anything about that... >,<

It's happened to me once before. I went into a Big W and they had 1 booster pack 1st Edition of Fossil. This was the days that fossil was extremely hard to find. I bought it instantly and as I was leaving opened it up and found it was filled with commons from Jungle. I went straight back to Big W, complained and got 5 free boosters of Gym Challenge/Heros, all with some good holos in them. This was an actual real booster pack aswell, it wasnt fake, the Jungle cards were very much real, they just majorly screwed up the packaging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back