TCG Fakes Blui's Image Fakes // A Return?

lugiarugia_zpsva1mzc23.png

So, full art HGSS cards. Yes, no, maybe? Why? And have a good one :)

I like them. Definitely something that should have existed in the HGSS era :p
They've visually appealing and I think the border works well, though I don't like the top bar much. Damn, I haven't faked in forever.

Personally what I find so stunning and unique about Full Art cards is their textures. With these blanks, I don't really see what makes them unique besides large art, unlike Full Arts from BW or XY.

Personally what I find so stunning and unique about Full Art cards is their textures. With these blanks, I don't really see what makes them unique besides large art, unlike Full Arts from BW or XY.

I think they're beautiful in their own right. The blanks have always appealed to me, and the illustrations are certainly a lot more attractive than the 3D models used now (to me at least), so it has that going for it. I also think the holofoil looks good with it, though it may need something a little more and I can't put my finger on what it is.

I think they're beautiful in their own right. The blanks have always appealed to me, and the illustrations are certainly a lot more attractive than the 3D models used now (to me at least), so it has that going for it. I also think the holofoil looks good with it, though it may need something a little more and I can't put my finger on what it is.

I have to agree that I think it needs a little more. I am wondering if the actual background is throwing me off, however.

I have to agree that I think it needs a little more. I am wondering if the actual background is throwing me off, however.
That may be. The background could do with a little more presence to it, the art does look a little thin, if you get what I mean xD

I see, personally the textures are the things hate most about full arts. I've always wanted nice simple full arts, akin to what was in Radiant Collection. Hence why I think full art HS cards would have been cool is because of the art direction in the block. I love large art. Just ask Magic players about full art lands.

I think what's missing is art designed for full art cards.

Thanks for the feedback!

HS Revival begins now. It might take a while, but here's some stuff. Enjoy!

giovanni1_zpsgpwqaoma.png
legendaryclash1_zps7eto0omv.png
ilexforest1_zps53vkz5l5.png
mysteryegg1_zpsviphk4kq.png

revivia_zpsub45cdsb.png

Yay, HGSS cards! \o/ I'll always have a fondness for this set since this is when I got back into the TCG after a many year break.

Yay, HGSS cards! \o/ I'll always have a fondness for this set since this is when I got back into the TCG after a many year break.

It's a personal favorite of mine too. I barely missed playing while the block unraveled itself, but I had an opportunity to play the HS-On format and all my favorite cards were from it. Just the art, card design and everything. Love it.

absolfasized_zpsbhkaz0hl.png
absolart_zpsiznvidzc.png

Absol is probably the coolest Pokemon to make cards for on that list. There's just something about this omen bringer that makes it great Pokemon to make cards for.

This card is largely inspired by the Elemental Incarnations from Magic: the Gathering. I made the shuffle effect an Ancient Trait because it's something I could see going on many Pokemon. Phi was chosen as the letter because it's the Golden Ratio, which I related to Ho-Oh and made it gold and pretty, much unlike phi in magic where it's very dark :p. The "Only 1 phi Revival each turn" was put in to keep deckout viable against this Trait otherwise it'd cycle infinitely.

The power is inspired by scry effects, Smeargle, Black as a colour in general and all that funky jazz. I thought it'd be cool to have Absol act more as the omen bringer because it's never really been that, instead it's very notable for dropping damage counters on Basic Pokemon.

I dunno about the attack, I felt like having some sort of answer to stuff like Crushing Hammer, Hypnotoxic Laser, etc. but it's noting too special. 20 damage because 10 is too little for a Pokemon that doesn't evolve and 30 is very good for the low attack cost and strong effect.

I've been playing a lot of Magic recently and I that reflects here. I don't think that's a problem though :)

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I haven't done a lot here recently. To rectify this error, I will be taking requests for the next two weeks, no exceptions. You give me a Pokemon, what kind of card you want it to be an I will complete.

Current Requests:
>bbninjas:
HS Lucario
>Kangaflora: XY Sudowoodo
>Reggie McGigas: Full Art Regigigas
>thegrovylekid: Pichu
>dwarfstar: Galvantula-EX [G]

Edit:
Oh yeah, if anybody wants to help out with HS Revival that would be awesome. It's currently in the planning stages, making sure the set design is consistent and logical with emphasis in all the right places. If you want to help make concepts/spoilers, let me know! I can send you the current Excel document that holds all of the current notes and a few cool cards in it.

Last edited:
lucariocard1_zps0k1zgcwa.png

For bbninjas!
A little bit of flavor for what's in store for you in HS Revival

Remember, requests are going to be open for the next two weeks, so drop them in :)

Very solid work here, dude. May I please have a Grass-type Galvantula-EX? Thanks in advance!

Back