'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
All of the non-Glalie FAs look really nice! I especially like both of the Mewtwo EX FAs, with the other Pokémon in the background.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I don't like the M-Mewtwo Y (?) Full Art. It looks... goofy? I just feel they could've done a lot more with it. :/

Purrloin

Granbull's "Thrash Around" hits for 120 for [Y][C][C] at the cost of self-confusion. With Florges out it's hitting 120 for a DCE.

That's a pretty high number for a Stage 1. And since he's got a decent 120 HP, I'm curious to give it a shot.

DarkRay

Aspiring Trainer
well, I see granbull only have synergy with virizion ex or special fairy energy. however, in this format, hitting for 120 damage is just too bad

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
That Staraptor intrigues me, as it essentially functions as bench damage but it hits the active. Therefore, effects like Muscle Band, Giovanni, etc can come into play.

If it wasn't a Stage 2 I'd call it a very potent Pokemon

Hydrocrush

Aspiring Trainer
[Y][C][C] Thrash Around: 120 damage. This Pokemon is now Confused.

jolteon flareon and vaporeon were ment for him 1 hit any weakness and florges makes it just a double colorless ALSO florges break will remove the confuse

[P] Echo Return: 60 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

hello new combo with trevenent just put a trick coin so you always get tails

CYL

All hail Eevee!
[Y][C][C] Thrash Around: 120 damage. This Pokemon is now Confused.

jolteon flareon and vaporeon were ment for him 1 hit any weakness and florges makes it just a double colorless ALSO florges break will remove the confuse

[P] Echo Return: 60 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

hello new combo with trevenent just put a trick coin so you always get tails
Good point about the Eeveelution / Florges / Florges Break combination. Quite viable too.

Trick Coin doesn't mean you always get tails. Just increases chances from 1/2 to 3/4.

DarkRay

Aspiring Trainer
The card text of Chesnaught BREAK really confused me. It is said that it will deal 30 damage to ALL bench pokemon but in the English card, it says it can only deal to 1 bench pokemon

Hydrocrush

Aspiring Trainer
so lets count

between the 2 sets is 12 trainers
the US set will have 20 which i am gonna guess we will only get 1 mewtwo spirit link so down to 11

i think from this we can guess that we will get a skyla reprint but not the FA since we only get 2 FA

we might get All Night Party like we got energy recycler which was also a promo
since we are getting heavy ball we might also get Heavy Boots

we will get some of the other cards thrown in from decks and such but i think we might get reprints of a few older trainers

sycamore will likely be reprinted soon
hard charm is also due to go out if not reprinted soon but assault might replace it
VS seeker needs a reprint due to its price
muscle band is also due to be rotated next year

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'm trying to figure out why the attack that costs [w] energy is before the attack that costs [c] energy on that Seaking. Does not look right to me in the slightest. >_>

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
I really love the Mewtwo FAs. You got whole gang together, representing their respective chromosome.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
My favorites, as always, are the clay models.
Also, the FA Mewtwos are visually the strangest main set cards I can recall ever seeing before.