'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I could just see that Ursaring ruin loads of strategies in an Eeveelutions deck: One muscle band, and it can hit for weakness at 140 damage to any pokemon from your opponent's bench!

I believe that Golurk from AOR counts as 2 types for Xerneas' rainbow force attack, if so it can hit for 190, without skyfield (and without a muscle band). That could be for a DCE with Florges in play, and you could include Florges break too! (for use with power creation). Really strong for a non-EX basic!

I think that alot of these guys have potential with Vileplume AOR; Vanilluxe, Starmie, Noctowl.

Really liking that magnemite being able to get that decreased retreat cost. Makes opening with it as active less painful.

Swoobat Trick Coin also sounds like a fun deck. Will have to give it a try, at the very least.

Seeing more cards that discard special energy. This is nice.

Ursaring would have been interesting if it weren't overcosted.

Love the full arts, all of them. Especially the Mewtwo EX's full arts.

Those full art Mewtwos are fantastic, I love the overall increase in quality of artwork over the years and this is a great up for a set full of weird gold Pokemon.

Also, with this leak, you guys should check out my set list discussion thread for BREAKthrough (previously was for Red Flash/Blue Impact but we know all of the cards from them now). The only 3 cards were missing are 3 trainers from the Noivern BREAK half-deck.

Bit of a disappointing set so far, imo. Though I do want to try out Magnezone/Smeargle/variants. Or even non-AT Sceptile/Smeargle/variants. Or Bronzong/Smeargle/variants.

Okay, I just want Smeargle. That card is so awesome and sets up so much potential for decks and is an interesting, creative ability.

I can't think of any other FA EXs that retain the yellow border of regular cards... Mind you, I think they look awesome!

Maybe you didn't look right or perhaps you're joking. I can't tell... But they're borders are gold actually. Which might indicate they will be Secret Rares. I don't hope so because I want them really bad!

Also Sycamore was in the set Phantom Forces right? why does it need a reprint already?

I can see the Mega Mewtwo w/ Psychic Infinity as a backup attacker w/ Gengar-EX plus Dimension Valley, Mystery Energy + Weakness Policy/Float Stone, and BT Gengar to make a 1 Energy KO happen in 2 turns... Just night attack, switch to BT Gengar(after Rare Candy on Gastly if necessary), attach basic psychic energy to BT Gengar, KO delivered!

^ If BT Gengar can't KO, Mega Mewtwo can clean up w/ only 2 colorless(1 in DV) needed to attack. 1 DCE and a Muscle Band is enough to KO most non-Mega EXes w/ 3 energy already on the non-Mega target. It's like: "beat that, Jack!"(I don't mean to use that language personally, but given that deck possibility is a killer idea, not sure regarding other ways of wording...)

Last edited:
There are so many strong cards in this set.. it's simply crazy how fast the pace is going to be now in most tiered decks.

Hold on a minute.... We have a normal FA Mewtwo for each, and Secret Rare Variants of them with the teams?! Okay... That's a lot of Mewtwo. :p

EPIC cards! Cool Pokemons and attacks but some are unique attacks,plus 2 secret rares comfirmed in Break Through and these are Mewtwo-EX with their companions.

Dear artist that made the FA mewtwo art for the mewtwo that does 30 x every psychic energy on it, I love you.
Dear TCPI I love the above mewtwo's FA art, now please, please, please take my house keys and the title of my house so that I can have half of every copy of it printed ever.
-Love Emppoleon_Master

That full artwork Mega Mewtwo Y. I love it!

Octillery is probably my favorite card in the set due to it being a potential staple on a random Pokemon like Octillery.

As what I have saw in this scans,I knew that we have some Pokemon that almost have the same picutre and that are Chespy,Axew,and Doduo.
We have Elygem and basic Beeheyem. We never know that when it comes on XY8 in November,they'll add Beeheyem BREAK on the official set.
For all the cards that I saw today,They're all good,and some attacks are all common to me like Teddiursa,I'll put Rollout instead of Roll Aeound.

Ohhh, so the cool Mewtwo-EX FAs are the URs of the set and there are regular FAs of each version too, got it. I guess that makes sense, with the gold borders and that art being very unique, just a shame that those once will be rarer and more expensive than the boring versions. >_>

Back