'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Dear artist that made the FA mewtwo art for the mewtwo that does 30 x every psychic energy on it, I love you.
Dear TCPI I love the above mewtwo's FA art, now please, please, please take my house keys and the title of my house so that I can have half of every copy of it printed ever.
-Love Emppoleon_Master

That full artwork Mega Mewtwo Y. I love it!

Octillery is probably my favorite card in the set due to it being a potential staple on a random Pokemon like Octillery.

As what I have saw in this scans,I knew that we have some Pokemon that almost have the same picutre and that are Chespy,Axew,and Doduo.
We have Elygem and basic Beeheyem. We never know that when it comes on XY8 in November,they'll add Beeheyem BREAK on the official set.
For all the cards that I saw today,They're all good,and some attacks are all common to me like Teddiursa,I'll put Rollout instead of Roll Aeound.

Ohhh, so the cool Mewtwo-EX FAs are the URs of the set and there are regular FAs of each version too, got it. I guess that makes sense, with the gold borders and that art being very unique, just a shame that those once will be rarer and more expensive than the boring versions. >_>

just the normal FA of Mewto EX RF and the picture of Pringplup!

EDIT: Looks like everything is finished!

Last edited:
I still hope we get full arts of:
- Sycamore (we got Juniper and Birch, why bot this generation's prof)
- Shauna and Tierno
- And some day the classics: Ash, Brock, Misty, Jessie, James and professor Oak!

Hoped this set had secret rares for Some of these...
- Professor's Letter
- Super Scoop Up
- Startling Megaphone
- muscle band
- hard charm

Maybe you didn't look right or perhaps you're joking. I can't tell... But they're borders are gold actually.

I didn't look right actually, you're right about the gold. So does this mean no gold trainers this set?

Jesus, how many versions of Mewtwo did we get this set then:
  • 2 Mewtwo-EX (regular art)
  • 2 Mewtwo-EX (full art)
  • 2 Mewtwo-EX (gold)
  • 2 Mega Mewtwo (regular art)
  • 2 Mega Mewtwo (full art)
10! Blimey...

Any one know what the new cards are now that we have the entire set up? I have a bad memory so I can't look through every card hoping there's a new one I don't remember.

Bridgette is just so outclassed by PFC. It will probably only see use in non EX decks
How...? It's generally the non-ex decks that prefer to use Pokemon Fan Club anyhow, and besides, Hoopa-EX is an available tool for EXs, outclassing Fan Club. Bridgette is simply amazing support and backbone for non-EX decks, and with the increasing support for them, I'd imagine stages to become viable in the near future.

I didn't look right actually, you're right about the gold. So does this mean no gold trainers this set?

Jesus, how many versions of Mewtwo did we get this set then:
  • 2 Mewtwo-EX (regular art)
  • 2 Mewtwo-EX (full art)
  • 2 Mewtwo-EX (gold)
  • 2 Mega Mewtwo (regular art)
  • 2 Mega Mewtwo (full art)
10! Blimey...

I don't keep track of how much space is left for Ultra Rares. But I suppose why not? Ancient Origins had 5 UR in total. Including Pokemon and Trainer Cards. I would like a golden Battle Compressor or Mega Turbo for sure.

And that's a lot of Mewtwo indeed... Lucky for me It's one of my favorite Pokemon

I don't know if anybody's pointed out how similar houndoom ex's FA looks to Manectric ex's FA I mean ii they are somehow connected I think but that's pretty cool see.

Ten Mewtwo cards between two sets released at the same time, plus two ETB's released with (mega) Mewtwo on the covers, plus Mewtwo collections coming out, plus the new battle arena deck has Mewtwo featured as one of the lead Pokemon and I'd bet a deck tin next year with both Mewtwo's on it and possibly the first tin releases of next year being Mewtwo based...

I mean we needed the megas and the secret rares look kind of neat, and of course I'll have to get them BUT for the record after the way this set has been put out I never want to hear anyone say Charizard is the most overhyped Pokémon again.

There's an error with one of the cards: Friendly Rescue.
It should be Town Map.

Town Map
Flip over your prize cards (The prize cards are flipped for the remainder of the match).

It's possible that there will be more URs but seeing as we've seen both the Mewtwo URs leaked already, I kind of have a feeling that this will be it.

I don't know if anybody's pointed out how similar houndoom ex's FA looks to Manectric ex's FA I mean ii they are somehow connected I think but that's pretty cool see.

Well, Manectric and Houndoom are Megas that are exclusive to their individual games (Houndoom for X and Manectric for Y), so yeah, I can see what they did.

So instead of Gold Trainers we get those disgusting Mewtwo FAs?

They're either a hit or miss. For me they're a miss, or the Blue Shock one is at least. It looks unfinished. The Red Flash one looks decent though.

Blue Shock is just can't catch a break, the messy RA Mewtwo EX (FA is better than one in Red Flash though imo), the typo on the FA M Mewtwo EX, and that messy Gold Mewtwo EX Artwork.

I just need to know what 06/10, 08/10 and 10/10 cards are for the Noivern BREAK half-deck.

Dunno if it can really be called a half deck when it's only 12 cards, but those numbers are apparently Professor's Letter, Level Ball, and Skyla, respectively.

Back