'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Now we wait to see how these new BREAK cards will mesh with Archie's Ace in the Hole and Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.

Any speculation?

Now we wait to see how these new BREAK cards will mesh with Archie's Ace in the Hole and Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.

Any speculation?
I don't think they will function together, as it seems to be explicit that you must place a BREAK card over its namesake in order for it to be valid (like a 2-piece puzzle, they work together). This is my guess, at least.

I don't think they will function together, as it seems to be explicit that you must place a BREAK card over its namesake in order for it to be valid (like a 2-piece puzzle, they work together). This is my guess, at least.

So you think they will function similar to how the LEGEND cards were, in a way that they are still considered a "Pokemon card" but they are not capable of entering play without the counter part? I can see that being the case.

So you think they will function similar to how the LEGEND cards were, in a way that they are still considered a "Pokemon card" but they are not capable of entering play without the counter part? I can see that being the case.
Yes - that is my guess, and probably another reason they printed the cards horizontally. Also, with Golduck Break, if it was the only thing you had active (through Archie), all you would have is an ability and no way to attack or do anything.

Yes - that is my guess, and probably another reason they printed the cards horizontally. Also, with Golduck Break, if it was the only thing you had active (through Archie), all you would have is an ability and no way to attack or do anything.

I agree with you completely. However with this ruling it will reduce the cards play-ability but it will also reduce any headaches in the long run. I would like to see a way to get the BREAK cards into play more effectively since it is more-or-less adding another stage to the evolutionary line. Maybe there will be a more defined search engine that isn't reliant on discarding numerous cards to search for Pokemon from the deck.

A Break needs to have the normal fully evolves Pokémon under it, cause where do you need to place the Break card on? and can the Break use attacks or abilities from its under stage?!

So i guess Break Doesn't work with Archie and Maxie.

Also so many cool artworks!
Some people hate this set, but i like it sooooo much!

HAH! Another BREAK card!
Not all hope is lost for an actual sixth BREAK that isn't Noivern or Raichu ( -^ _^-)

HAH! Another BREAK card!
Not all hope is lost for an actual sixth BREAK that isn't Noivern or Raichu ( -^ _^-)

We already knew about this BREAK card, it was announced quite a while ago. Since the 8 EX that Break Through will contain are already in Red Flash/Blue Impact, there is no room for Palkia EX in our English set, and because of that, I highly doubt Golduck BREAK will be in Break Through. Raichu and Noivern BREAKs are far more likely.

Ha anything been said yet as to whether full-arts are gonna be canned in this set?

Not yet. We probably won't know for sure until we start getting leaks, or until an FA card is officially announced.

I'm nervous. Somebody hold me.

Now it's really GOLDuck! :p

Anyways, awful puns aside. I really like this card and Misty's Spirit. Max Potion reprint is good too!

Don't really give a duck (see what i did there?) about the ducks. Golduck BREAK is essentially stage 2, so we all know how that'll end considering how much space them lines take up.

But that Palkia-EX is really nice! Seeing lots of new energy accel. Not sure I like that though, considering Gliscor.dek is bae.

You act like this set isnt filled with a lot of decent and interesting cards.
I probably do, to be honest. As I've stated a million times before, I've been getting really annoyed with cards that have a decent attack and then a plain effectless one, as it feels there was little effort put into it. I don't know, it just annoys me particularly.

Misty's Spirit is huge for Vileplume decks. It can help set up, can thin out the deck of useless set up items mid-late game, and can dig for special energy.

Me too. I feel like they were already a little stressed with having to make up new attack mechanics for each Mega to make them unique as well as high-damaging. Now that they've added the BREAK cards... they might be pushing it too far.
It puts me in mind of the LEGEND ards that came out, as well as the LEVEL.X cards, too. I wouldn't say it's stress so much as trying to find gaming avenues for people like me who don't like the Mega Evolution mechanic, which I'm all for.

Back