'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Hey! I just realized that with 8 different types of pokemon on the bench this thing can ohko Wailord, without a band!

Finally a card that is playable.

It pairs unbelievably well with Hoopa EX and even Golurk...

But will only be good with Aromatisse and Florges... We'll just have to wait and see....

A playable XY8 card!? Light the beacons!

Still, this card isn't THAT playable. If the first attack didn't have to require a Fairy energy and only Colorless, it'd be used in Mega Rayquaza decks.

Fairy Regeneration Machine Deck (Gardevoir AOR and Florges BREAK BRT),Sky Field, and Xerneas will having a Great Synergy with each other with these awesome attacks of this Legendary of Kalos.

If Xerneas will be on this set,so Yveltal will be also in this set. Great Partners, like Reshiram and Zekrom,which appeared in many sets together.(ROS, LET, PLF, NXD,etc.)

Last edited:
Hmm, as it stands right now this seems pretty lackluster. Maybe some more cards will come out that will help this card be decent. Unfortunately, this format will not let this card be good atm. I really like Xerneas and I don't want to see it become a garbage filler card like 60% of each set is.

With Golurk and 7 other types on the bench you could get 280 dmg + 20 muscleband 300 dmg output, huehuehuehue now just print mega-wailord with 300hp and one shot it with this card - just for fun

So with Xerneas in the active, by turn 2 your bench could be;

Aromatisse
Manectric-EX
Shaymin-EX
Hoopa-EX
Aegislash-EX

Leaving Xerneas hitting for a decent 160. If you get an Ultra Ball, you can set up 4 of those Pokemon in one turn alone. The main issue is accelerating energy- Fairy has XY Xerneas but that's just too slow right now.

The thing about this set is that it starts a new block, which will probably be the first set of a future rotation. I think what they're trying to do is reverse power creeping. There are good evolution cards (Gengar, Florges, Zoroark BREAK) that just aren't playable now because we have stronger basics/megas, thus why the set seems underwhelming now. Even Xerneas is potentially good because of evolution support.
I understand that most people are disappointed but maybe this is what we all have been asking for awhile, it will just take some time to have an effect.

I'm just imagining how a good deck with this card could look like...

-Ninetales to lock stadiums, whether it be sky field or Fairy Garden.
-Raichu XY could work quite well as backup, or Dedenne to get the Pokemon out quickly.
-Golurk has two types to use.
-Shaymin-EX for draw support.
-Aromatisse to move around energy.

6 types, 190 damage, 210 With muscle band... What a fun card to try!

Last edited:
If I saw correctly from the site, I think they are also reprinting Max Potion. That will shake up the format... This, combined with Golduck Break for any deck to use. -_-

Now I hope Snubbull (and Granbull) and Meloetta appears in the set too, just so that we can have a complete triple artwork :D

Really happy to see Misty return! Hopefully she gets a FA too.

Golduck Break is, of course, really good, as most energy moving cards are. It's limited to basic (unlike Aromatisse) but still very useful if you can evolve him up.

Palkia's accel attack would be great if it didn't cost [W][W]. It's too bad there isn't something akin to Plasma Badge for Team Aqua so we can utilize Double Aqua Energy. Still, he's bulky enough to handle an early hit while you charge up.

Back