'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
Here's the thing, though. When you count out the missing slots and you take into account the order that Pokemon are listed (based on attribute, then National Pokedex number), the sets don't have the right space in their lists to accommodate Noivern or Pikachu's lines...unless they have some workaround that involves putting their prevoes in the booster packs, meaning you can only get RaiBREAK and NoiBREAK from the decks, but they still count toward the number of BREAK cards...

Has this happened before?

-cries softly-

Breakthrough is the English set which contains over 160 cards and 6 BREAKs, so the Raichu-BREAK and Noivern-BREAK decks contribute towards that setlist. This leaves 4 outstanding BREAK cards - now we know as Zoroark, Chesnaught, Marowak and Florges. We know they'll only be 8 EXs in the English set, all currently revealed from the Japanese ones.

We have all the ultra rares now, there will be no more BREAK cards for now.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
From Blue Shock, we're missing roughly 20 cards: 001 and 002, before Pansage(003), 021, between Vanilluxe and Gastly (I'm betting on VaniBREAK, just cuz), 027-034 are all still mysteries, between MMewtwoX and Zorua, 038 and 039 are mysteries, 040 and 041 are going to be Flabébé and Floette, 044 between FlorgesBREAK and Axew, 048 between Haxorus and Hoothoot (HaxBREAK? It is a pretty good Hax already...) 051-053 are after Noctowl, and then 057 (hnnnng, special Water energyyyy) is between Parallel City and the Spirit Link cards.

Red Flash is also missing just about 20 more cards: 013-016 are mysteries (Though with Raikou coming out this set, the other two big cats may happen?), 018 and 019 are going to be Empoleon's prevoes, 021 and 022 after Empoleon are unreleased, 023 and 024 will be Magnezone's prevoes, 042 is likely to be a second Zoroark, 048 after Aromatisse is missing (AroBREAK?! Or a Dragon type.), 049 is going to be Doduo, 051-053 following Dodrio, and lastly are 056-058 that come before Burning Energy.

hey thank very much you for the info! Although i'm not a fan of break and doubt that we'll see more in this set, it would be a pleasant surprise if they revealed 1-2 more. Heh, I hope of special water energy as well, since it's the only Special version of the basic energies that has been printed yet :)

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I could see Golduck BREAK and the Palkia-EX being in that set too (the English version that is).

Of course it all depends on if the release dates match up, it would be a very good fit though.

New sets or promo material we have a lot to look forward to.

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
No there are only 6 BREAK cards in Breakthrough, Raichu and Noivern standard are the Theme Deck holos we'll be getting so Raichu BREAK and Noivern BREAK are the 5th and 6th BREAK card in the set. We now know all 14 of our ultra rares.

From the sell sheet:
"BREAKthrough will have 8 new Pokémon-EX, including 4 Mega Evolution Pokémon, and 6 new Pokémon BREAK cards."
Thanks for your response. I'm gonna expect 2 more standard BREAK cards in this set.
So,comment in my forum! You know,about upcoming cards in this set. You can add on guessing who will be the 2 remaining Pokes that will having their BREAK.

Last edited:

Otaku

The wise fool?
I said excluding EX Pokemon.

You made a two part comment.

Your first part explicitly discussed a Pokémon-EX: M Gardevoir-EX. I assumed that I didn't have to trim out the second comment from your post, one with which I largely agree for that to be clear.

Plus, the space required to get 1 Regular Florgess out could be filled with so many more basics or cards to get basics out that would be much better served, especially as Florges EX attacks for two energy.

Not in my admittedly limited experience. The PTCGO eventually gives you a choice between three Daily Challenges and sometimes a Fairy-Type one will pop up with a good reward attached... or at least it would be a good reward if I could figure out a good deck to use for said challenge. For those not familiar with the PTCGO, there are many players (I suspect younger) that will Concede as soon as they think their odds of winning are too low, which ends up being a problem because such players seem to panic if a Fairy-Type (really any deck, it is just worse if you can't pull off a good T1/T2 set-up) sets up, with even more joining in if you set-up then take a Prize lead.

That is why I began testing a Florges-EX/Sky Field deck. When it didn't work it didn't work: no surprise there (I'm neither an overly strong player or deck builder). When it did seem to be working there were the rage quits*. What I learned was that [YC] was far harder to pay than it looked. While the deck would have some issues with space, working in a Stage 2 line so that Florges-EX only needed [C] means unless Abilities go down, Xerneas can use Geomancy (for free!) to fully prep two Florges-EX, and if I need an alternate attacker it hits for 100 for just two Energy (plus a discard) instead of three. Yes, it will make it harder to fill the Bench but it will also make using Exp. Share on my Florges-EX optional; instead one could use Muscle Band to make the deck less dependent on a full Bench/ideal set-up.

Certainly not a "silver bullet" kind of thing where Florges-EX plus Florges (XY8) will become a new, prominent archetype but it seems to have at least some chance... or at least enough that yeah, I can justify asking you about it. ;) It most definitely does demonstrate the exact kind of attacks to look at exploiting with "Relaxing Scent", though: Lead would become a "no Energy" attack as well! Of course I am also assuming I read Relaxing Scent correctly (and that the translator did as well).

*Or worse, the calm, cheerful "I don't care that I'm screwing you over because it is all about me and I can't spare you two more minutes so you'll have to spend another 20 working on the Daily Challenge." quits.

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
This could be nice for a fairy toolbox deck; with skyfield and 6 different types of pokémon on the bench the first attack would do a solid 190

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Florges Break has some synergy with Xerneas's Power Creation.

Card art is amazing imo.
Ah, so that was why they made Florges. Though a deck based on this would take quite some time to set up (4 energy requirement and 4 stage evolution of Florges), against EX's and FGP.
Could do Healing Scarf too, though no one uses that.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Firstly, I'm just really happy to see they didn't mess this one up. >_>

I actually quite like this. Artwork is nice, effects are decent and it is potentially a good non-EX fairy hitter.

Purrloin

Ah, so that was why they made Florges. Though a deck based on this would take quite some time to set up (4 energy requirement and 4 stage evolution of Florges), against EX's and FGP.
Could do Healing Scarf too, though no one uses that.
Florges Break would also reduce the attack cost to 3 via its previous form's ability, which helps a little.

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! I just realized that with 8 different types of pokemon on the bench this thing can ohko Wailord, without a band!