'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, I love the abilities on the evolved Pokemon from this set, they give a lot of options! They just come with the downsides of evolved Pokemon. I'm kind of hoping for maybe a supporter to help stage 2s, since they've put such a focus on evolved Pokemon this set? Like Rare Candy/Evosoda combined into a supporter. None of the supporters from the main set list have been revealed (just the Raichu/Noivern decks, and those were all reprinted ones), so we should hopefully have 2 or 4 coming. Cmon, give us like, a Daycare Lady or Pokemon Breeder card or somethin

Hornleach1

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually speculating something about this set: Given that there are so many stage 2's in it, and how the metagame makes it hard to get them out right now, I think there may be a supporter or item of some kind to be released in this set that will make it so much easier to get out Stage 2 Pokemon.
Maybe something like Plasma Blast Cradily.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I was hoping for a Florges BREAK, so I'm really happy now! :D
I also find it kinda funny how 2 out of 5 of my original team members from X have gotten both EX and BREAK cards :3

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
WOW!! A Florges BREAK!
Awesome ability + the original ability of Florges+Gardevoir= Regeneration machine!
you're just"+1" in my Fairy Deck.

So that's...

-Zoroark
-Chesnaught
-Marowak
-Florges

4/6 of the Break Evolutions in Breakthrough. Hopefully the last 2 aren't Raichu & Noivern
Ms. Ampha,I hope Raichu and Noivern will be added, but we're gonna expect more than 6 BREAKs in Break Through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
So that's...

-Zoroark
-Chesnaught
-Marowak
-Florges

4/6 of the Break Evolutions in Breakthrough. Hopefully the last 2 aren't Raichu & Noivern
If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese have 2 seperate decks with Raichu and Noivern Break in them. However, it would make sense for us to get them in the actual set.

That said, all of the BREAK cards are worse than EX cards. They provide nothing neat about them, and a stage 2 BREAK really hurts some Pokemon like Florges and Chesnaught.

The only BREAK card I see has some sort of potential is Zoroark break. It has the same move as M Gengar EX.

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
Isn't 140hp a bit low? I was expecting 150-160 hp at least, considering the other BREAK evos.
Not all BREAK cards have 150-160 HP. It's like EX cards.

The pokemon that had low HP before would have low HP as a BREAK card.

It's sort of like EX cards in a way. For example, Shaymin EX from Roaring Skies.

All Shaymin cards before the one from Roaring Skies had less than 130 HP. Some had as low as 70.

The point is, just because it is a BREAK or an EX Pokemon, it doesn't mean it should have a HUGE increase in HP.

Axelsaurus

Honnouji Accademy League Champ
Not all BREAK cards have 150-160 HP. It's like EX cards.

The pokemon that had low HP before would have low HP as a BREAK card.

It's sort of like EX cards in a way. For example, Shaymin EX from Roaring Skies.

All Shaymin cards before the one from Roaring Skies had less than 130 HP. Some had as low as 70.

The point is, just because it is a BREAK or an EX Pokemon, it doesn't mean it should have a HUGE increase in HP.

Sorry, but that's quite obvious... Seeing Marowak at 140hp and Chesnaught at 190, I expected Florges to be in the range 150-160, as the EX one. To me it's clear that they don't want direct conflict between BREAK and EX at the moment, maybe they'll do it in the future if BREAK'll has enough success.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Well considering they're hyping Breaks so much, they sure don't want anyone to play them because 80% of them have just been bad so far.

Standard Florges is pretty alright, but a stage 2 so no point there. Unless, of course, they plan on bringing out some stage 2 support in the remaining cards.

I realise they don't always design cards with competitiveness in mind, but tiddly little abilities like this aren't even fun in casual play.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I hope Raichu and Noivern will be added, but we're gonna expect more than 6 BREAKs in Break Through.

No there are only 6 BREAK cards in Breakthrough, Raichu and Noivern standard are the Theme Deck holos we'll be getting so Raichu BREAK and Noivern BREAK are the 5th and 6th BREAK card in the set. We now know all 14 of our ultra rares.

From the sell sheet:
"BREAKthrough will have 8 new Pokémon-EX, including 4 Mega Evolution Pokémon, and 6 new Pokémon BREAK cards."

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
What about Florges-EX? Especially when you have Sky Field so expand your Bench and get the damage output of Bright Garden into OHKO level (at least for most non-Mega Evolutions). We saw this with Dimension Valley as well: while some price breaks were obvious, some were more subtle like how just needing less Energy in general was useful.

I said excluding EX Pokemon.

Plus, the space required to get 1 Regular Florgess out could be filled with so many more basics or cards to get basics out that would be much better served, especially as Florges EX attacks for two energy.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
---_---

Just why? Don't get me wrong, I love the artwork. But honestly if Broken Time Space doesn't get reprinted, there's no point in this format. Break Evolution doesn't even slightly 'break' the format... So this mix of DP/HGSS/BW format would only make things overcomplicate...

p.s. What cards are yet to be revealed in XY8? (EXs and Break)

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
---_---

Just why? Don't get me wrong, I love the artwork. But honestly if Broken Time Space doesn't get reprinted, there's no point in this format. Break Evolution doesn't even slightly 'break' the format... So this mix of DP/HGSS/BW format would only make things overcomplicate...

p.s. What cards are yet to be revealed in XY8? (EXs and Break)
From Blue Shock, we're missing roughly 20 cards: 001 and 002, before Pansage(003), 021, between Vanilluxe and Gastly (I'm betting on VaniBREAK, just cuz), 027-034 are all still mysteries, between MMewtwoX and Zorua, 038 and 039 are mysteries, 040 and 041 are going to be Flabébé and Floette, 044 between FlorgesBREAK and Axew, 048 between Haxorus and Hoothoot (HaxBREAK? It is a pretty good Hax already...) 051-053 are after Noctowl, and then 057 (hnnnng, special Water energyyyy) is between Parallel City and the Spirit Link cards.

Red Flash is also missing just about 20 more cards: 013-016 are mysteries (Though with Raikou coming out this set, the other two big cats may happen?), 018 and 019 are going to be Empoleon's prevoes, 021 and 022 after Empoleon are unreleased, 023 and 024 will be Magnezone's prevoes, 042 is likely to be a second Zoroark, 048 after Aromatisse is missing (AroBREAK?! Or a Dragon type.), 049 is going to be Doduo, 051-053 following Dodrio, and lastly are 056-058 that come before Burning Energy.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
With the Raichu and Noivern packs already included in Breakthrough and with there only being 6 BREAK cards in the set it leaves no room for any other BREAKs to be in the Japanese sets. So Haxorus-BREAK and Aromatisse-BREAK are not happening.

The only way they can possibly happen is if the Raichu and Noivern packs have had their BREAK cards removed before integration into the set which since we at least have confirmation of their inclusion seems unlikely. Though the fate of Emboar-EX/Togekiss-EX might throw that logic up into the air.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
From Blue Shock, we're missing roughly 20 cards: 001 and 002, before Pansage(003), 021, between Vanilluxe and Gastly (I'm betting on VaniBREAK, just cuz), 027-034 are all still mysteries, between MMewtwoX and Zorua, 038 and 039 are mysteries, 040 and 041 are going to be Flabébé and Floette, 044 between FlorgesBREAK and Axew, 048 between Haxorus and Hoothoot (HaxBREAK? It is a pretty good Hax already...) 051-053 are after Noctowl, and then 057 (hnnnng, special Water energyyyy) is between Parallel City and the Spirit Link cards.

Red Flash is also missing just about 20 more cards: 013-016 are mysteries (Though with Raikou coming out this set, the other two big cats may happen?), 018 and 019 are going to be Empoleon's prevoes, 021 and 022 after Empoleon are unreleased, 023 and 024 will be Magnezone's prevoes, 042 is likely to be a second Zoroark, 048 after Aromatisse is missing (AroBREAK?! Or a Dragon type.), 049 is going to be Doduo, 051-053 following Dodrio, and lastly are 056-058 that come before Burning Energy.
I don't think we'll be getting more BREAKs in these two sets. We know that Break Through will have 6 BREAKs and that the cards from the Raichu/Noivern decks also will be in the set. Therefore I think it's pretty safe to assume that the BREAKs will be getting are: Zoroark, Chesnaught, Raichu, Noivern, Marowak and Florges.

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Here's the thing, though. When you count out the missing slots and you take into account the order that Pokemon are listed (based on attribute, then National Pokedex number), the sets don't have the right space in their lists to accommodate Noivern or Pikachu's lines...unless they have some workaround that involves putting their prevoes in the booster packs, meaning you can only get RaiBREAK and NoiBREAK from the decks, but they still count toward the number of BREAK cards...

Has this happened before?

-cries softly-