'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Nocturne

Aspiring Trainer
*facepalm* cant you go without having a active mewtwo ex for once.... not like everyone dident see this coming a mile away

also RBY focused? inb4 pokemon thunder yellow

i hope we finally get the charizard venusaur and blastoise ex and megas reprinted with spirit links

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Ooooooh, cool. A new set start and a new mechanic! I'm also extra intrigued by those 12 card packs. Pokémon, stop it, my wallet is already crying.

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan
I think BREAK will be the next LVL X or EX, but only for evolved Pokémon. Because the new decks are "Raichu Break" and "Noivern Break", it's very suspicious...

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
With the new Mega Mewtwo cards, we might see something like we did with Flash fire, and Charizard.
Mega Charizard EX had a dragon type form and a fire type form in that set.
I expect Mewtwo X will be a fighting type, while Mewtwo Y will be a Psychic type.

I wonder how much Mewtwo X will appreciate a bunch of strong energy on it. It better have Omega Barrier as an ancient trait too, or riot.

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
With the new Mega Mewtwo cards, we might see something like we did with Flash fire, and Charizard.
Mega Charizard EX had a dragon type form and a fire type form in that set.
I expect Mewtwo X will be a fighting type, while Mewtwo Y will be a Psychic type.

I wonder how much Mewtwo X will appreciate a bunch of strong energy on it. It better have Omega Barrier as an ancient trait too, or riot.
I think that there will be a new ancient trait. Personally I like Psi.

FlippersMCgee

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty sure there going to out this together into one set for NA, cause I'm not spending 6$ on two different packs multiple times

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
wow small sets! might be easier for collecting

Keep in mind that those numbers don't include URs. :p The Japanese double sets are generally easier to get close to a full set from pulling, though, since you're less likely to pull doubles. Doesn't really apply to the English version though, because...

Pretty sure there going to out this together into one set for NA, cause I'm not spending 6$ on two different packs multiple times

They've always put the Japanese double sets together as one set for the English releases, yes, so I don't see any reason for them to stop doing it now.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Well we know two EX's from this set obviously. I do hope that M. Mewtwo EX is a fighting type. It would be nice to see spirit links for M. Venusaur, M. Blastoise and M. Charizard(s).

This could also be the set to give us M. Gyarados, M. Alakazam and M. Aerodactyl if this set really is so Red/Blue based. Have to wait and see.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Granted, what I should have said is we know two M. EX's. Although technically we only know three EX's. It is logical and very likely that there are actually two Mewtwo EX's, but we can't prove yet that there are. The only reason we got 2 set Charizard EX's was because the Combustion Wing one was part of the same deck as M. Charizard (Y) EX.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
XY8 is already confirmed? I still have to finish Double Crisis and most of Primal Clash, darnit! Man, my wallet wishes these sets came out slower, but my brain wants them to come out faster!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Do you think this marks a change in set generation? I promised myself I would only collect XY sets. It says XY8 but if the mechanics change/if the colours are any indication, this probably marks a new set generation, yeah?

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I agree with you GadgetJax...or maybe it should be I agree with your wallet. From the perspective of getting things I wish things came out slower but from the perspective of wanting the things I wish they'd come out sooner.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
There in we already know atleast what 6-8 cards will be in the next set, maybe 9 even if you count a spirit link. Mewtwo Mega never made sense anyway. Not only was it made by scientist using Mew genes but then it also has two versions of Mega just like Charizard the only other one. Did they ever explain why Charizard has two mega versions and others just one. I still think normal Mewtwo looks better than the mega versions.

Maybe Break evolution is a trainer card like spirit link card but one which enables you to play a stage 1 card right from your hand?