'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I was thinking a similar thing a card which can be used as an evolution card but as Break Pokemon, or probably a better name in the English version, it can be benched straight away. But the question there is, is it better to incentivise evolving or benching as is?

It would be a quicker route to evolution and being able to match up to an EX pokemon on the very second turn without the use of Rare candys and wallys and all those other evoling cards. So there would be alot of space saved in the deck by not having those trainers and also not having the smallest evolution.

Maybe it really is something as simple as a trainer card that says 'break evolution' (similar to spirit link right now) which says something like;

'search your deck for a stage 1 or stage 2 evolution card and put it on to your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.'

Then again 'break' has its own logo mark on this set unlike spirit link.

Maybe it really is something as simple as a trainer card that says 'break evolution' (similar to spirit link right now) which says something like;

'search your deck for a stage 1 or stage 2 evolution card and put it on to your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.'

Then again 'break' has its own logo mark on this set unlike spirit link.

I'm leaning more towards it being a Pokemon type as opposed to a Trainer card, just because of the marketing focus that spirit links never had, I mean not ending your turn for an M-EX was a big change for what it was. I think it'll be something that allows for evolution to be optional, of course depending on energy requirements and what with hammers and grunts, playing it as an evolution with Shrine of Memories might end up the only way for it to get any attacks in. That would keep it balanced, or possibly even trainer cards designed to combat immediately benched evolved forms. Just so people don't spam 'Break' Pokemon. Of course if this holds true, cards like Pokemon Fan Club won't be able to search them out.

Not this means anything ( well it might) but the way they write BREAK is in the same font as they write EX on the cards
also , the 12 cards packs of raichu and noivern are call raichu "break" and noivern "break"
maybe they are like raichu EX and noivern EX but instead will look like regular ex's but with the break mechanic instead.

I find the prospect of using the M Mewtwo ex in the expanded format interesting (black and white to current), using the old Mewtwo ex and whichever mega would go better with it, throw in shrine of memories and it gets more interesting.

I find the prospect of using the M Mewtwo ex in the expanded format interesting (black and white to current), using the old Mewtwo ex and whichever mega would go better with it, throw in shrine of memories and it gets more interesting.

Oh my God, the HORROR...!! D:

Well, R.I.P. my Gallade deck, it'll be fun for the 3 months any Mewtwo is away from Standard... D'x

Guess this confirms Red/blue or Yellow remakes:D
If anything it deconfirms them for the near future, any set promoting a game would be closer in name and concept to it (And there's no way they'd only leave June - September to promote it)

Also, my tinfoil hat tells me that the set would probably be called Green Impact if this were some sort of mastermind hinting at Gen 1 remakes.

If they do allow us to skip an evolution Stage, you can bet there's going ti be a drawback to it

For anyone interested, AmiAmi now has these products available for pre-order. They have the usual booster boxes for each of Blue Impact and Red Flash, and they also selling the "Break Evolution Packs" either as a single pack (for either Raichu or Noivern) or in a box of 6 packs.

I was hoping that AmiAmi would have a bit more information on the Break Evolution Packs, but there's not much. The info just says that a single pack contains 12 cards, and a box contains 6 packs of 12 cards each. This is the same format as they use when they write out the information for booster boxes, so based on that, we can possibly infer that the packs are random in some respect. Generally, when product contains the same cards or is predetermined in some way (such as the Mega Master Deck Builder boxes releasing in Japan later this year), that information is reflected in the description in some way (eg, the description for the Deck Builder boxes specifically says "*Content is the same for all sets."). However, there could simply be not much information because they don't know for sure either, it's hard to tell.

Either way, I decided to pre-order 1 of each booster box as usual, and also 2 each of the Raichu and Noivern packs. If they do end up being exact duplicates, oh well, there's always trading. They're not very expensive regardless (MSRP is ¥540 per pack; with AmiAmi's discounts they're only ¥430 a piece). But my gut is telling me they'll be random in some way, so we'll see if I end up being right. :p

I wonder the conversation that TCPI had when they came up with the Golduck Break.
"Hey, we need a Pokemon that can evolve. What should we use?"
"How about Golduck?"
"Brilliant. You get a promotion."

Luxray BREAK?!! Why not Luxray-ex! :( But Mega Mawile, wonder if it'll be Fairy or Steel? But ima wait for that Dank Mega Full Art though! <3

So, we know that EXes are still sticking around, for good or for ill. However, I'm very interested to see how these Break cards will work out! It seems like they might be aiming for a mechanic to make evolutions powerful enough to combat the big EXes more easily.

I'm starting to get really wary of this BREAK mechanic. If TCPI messes this up be making it over powered... >.> I also don't want this to be a way to keep Pokemon up with EXs. Don't make the EXs, or make them less strong, if you have to create a countermechanic to keep up with power :/Besides, we've already got EXs and Megas and Ancient Traits, not to mention Flare Gear which received its own Appendix, in this upcoming format.

Back