Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

Keldeo EX FTW

Back in my day there were only 151 pokemon...
zapper1998 said:
Try cutting other supportes such as juniper or colress (one of your choice ) amd make room for the tool scrapper Also 4 skyla is necessary for that consist turn 2 blastiose becauee you usually have one piece of the puzzle (blastiose or rare candy) just my thought

I've though about removing an N, but I think removing a Juniper would work too. How would you feel about removing an N from a general decklist in place of a tool scrapper?

zapper1998

Aspiring Trainer
Keldeo EX FTW said:
zapper1998 said:
Try cutting other supportes such as juniper or colress (one of your choice ) amd make room for the tool scrapper Also 4 skyla is necessary for that consist turn 2 blastiose becauee you usually have one piece of the puzzle (blastiose or rare candy) just my thought

I've though about removing an N, but I think removing a Juniper would work too. How would you feel about removing an N from a general decklist in place of a tool scrapper?

How many do you play already? 3 or 4?

Keldeo EX FTW

I currently play 4 N, but I think just 3 would work nicely... I run 4 Juniper and 2 Colress BTW

zapper1998

Aspiring Trainer
Yea 3 n is fine I run 3 colress juniper and n 4 skyla and a jarchi and also three beach for draw so I like less supporters

Blah

DBT
Less supporters?

This entire deck's main problem besides Garbodor is consistency; last format during Nationals I ran 4 Juniper, 3 N, 4 Skyla, 2 Colress, AND 3 Beach (and all of my losses were to bad draws!). Things may have to change now since you have literally no chance vs Garbodor without making room somewhere for Scrapper, but focusing on supporters and consistency is a big deal.

Keldeo EX FTW

Agreed. It's alright to replace maybe one hand renewal card for a tool scrapper, but you need those supporters to go through cards quickly and get the energy you need. BTW, how do you feel about running a 3rd BK EX? I figure it's good if you have space, but then again, you pretty much have to get an Energy Retrieval +1 Energy or a SER. I think it's good, I just don't know if it is worth the space to make it the deck's main attacker. Any thoughts on this?

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Keldeo EX FTW said:
BTW, how do you feel about running a 3rd BK EX? I figure it's good if you have space, but then again, you pretty much have to get an Energy Retrieval +1 Energy or a SER. I think it's good, I just don't know if it is worth the space to make it the deck's main attacker. Any thoughts on this?
For me, I prefer to run 3 BKEX in my Blastoise deck and 2 Keldeo EX. Having the necessary energy, ER and/or SER has not yet been an issue. Besides, if you only run 2 BKEX and 1 is prized, that could cause some issues.

Keldeo EX FTW

I've been thinking about the new changes for pokemon catcher coming soon, and I've been wondering if it would be a good idea to remove some or all of them since they're now dependent on coin flips. By removing all three, you could fit in 2 tool scrapper and a 3rd BK EX. I still think it's a good card, but I just like to think of all the possibilities.

masterforce

Aspiring Trainer
I personally think all catchers should be taken off and replaced with escape ropes. With XY coming up with mega evolutions we will see how they are. OHKO might not be easier with BKEX.

scREAM

Professor Scream
Because we are discussing support line up this is my current line up. Let it be known also I run 4 Beach as stadium wars is massive in Australia and you really dont want frozen city/virabnk left on the field.

• 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Colress

Rizzo

Aspiring Trainer
Do you think Catchers should be replaced or play less copies (2)? If changed, for what? With the new rule, do you think Suicune should be play? Catchers won't be that effective against it now. Or maybe adding Normal Retrievals or more energies?

Blah

DBT
Based on first instinct, I would simply cut catcher altogether.

I know it's annoying and it gives a lot of decks outs against you that they otherwise might not have, but you literally OHKO the entire format. You don't need to finish off those benched EX's like other decks do; and thereby, it's not worth playing a flippy card that the deck can function without.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Oh yeah. Needing a coin flip ruins it. I may run an Escape Rope, but I'll be replace those Catcher slots with Bicycle.

Fatality

Aspiring Trainer
I've heard people adding a 2-2 Electrode line in place of the catchers? Your guys thoughts on that?

Envoyofduels

Aspiring Trainer
Re: RE: Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

Fatality said:
I've heard people adding a 2-2 Electrode line in place of the catchers? Your guys thoughts on that?
1st off, you never needed 4 catchers. Secondly, beach is fine. If you do not have beaches I still do not think electrode warrants it's place. To replace the catchers I would recommend other techs or adding more supporters.

scREAM

Professor Scream
>If you don't own tropical beach don't play blastoise nothing can replace it... your deck becomes too inconsistent without it, even more inconsistent when playing electrode. Electrode brings a tier 1 deck to like tier 1.5 :p.

Have a go, just wont be the best...

Anyway...
I don't play catchers in mine, never have. With those 4 extra spots you can fit in 2 tool scrapper, comp search and a max potion which is what Blastoise decks differ what Ace-spec and how many scrappers they play. With having 4 free spots without catchers you can just play all the good stuff.

wrags23

Aspiring Trainer
Have you tested Electrode? Not saying it is equal to Beach, but Magnetic Draw is good. Really good.

Angela Anuszewski

I'm a Fighting Type.
I recently played someone online that was using Electrode. It worked well. I would give it a try if I owned any of those BB Kyurems... but I don't so my deck is straight water.

Fanta

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I use 1-1 Electrode it's running good. In many battles during the turn my hand reaches 3 cards and less easily because the energies. Then I use the effect of Electrode. Or I after N and have two prizes... Electrode is good at 1-1 and I recommend playing with him like this.

Dr BrownGravy88

Aspiring Trainer
scREAM said:
>If you don't own tropical beach don't play blastoise nothing can replace it... your deck becomes too inconsistent without it, even more inconsistent when playing electrode. Electrode brings a tier 1 deck to like tier 1.5 :p.

Have a go, just wont be the best...

Anyway...
I don't play catchers in mine, never have. With those 4 extra spots you can fit in 2 tool scrapper, comp search and a max potion which is what Blastoise decks differ what Ace-spec and how many scrappers they play. With having 4 free spots without catchers you can just play all the good stuff.

IMO blastoise can still be tier 1 without beach. I played blastoise keldeo at regionals with 2-2 electrode instead of beaches and made top 8. Also went undefeated in the 2 league challenges I've played in. I went 4-0 during this time against mirror match with tropical beach. Beach is only good during t1 after that it's a dead draw electrode provides consistent draw power throughout the game.