Best Place Online to Buy?

RE: Best place online to buy cards?

I pre-ordered a box of flashfire from legacycardshop and despite the sketchy-looking website, received it quick and only had to spend 90 bucks on it, so i could vouch for them

callmekyle11 said:
I pre-ordered a box of flashfire from legacycardshop and despite the sketchy-looking website, received it quick and only had to spend 90 bucks on it, so i could vouch for them

I guess I'll pull the trigger and order my second box from them.

airsoft246 said:
The prices are great, can anyone out there vouch for the condition of legacy's cards?

Typically LegacyCards cards that are listed as "Near Mint" are Near-Mint or Mint. I've never bought a card from him in less condition that that. All Black and White Series cards from any set should be Near-Mint or BETTER.

I highly recommend gamingetc.com
it's usually about 25c (U.S. $) for a single card, and they have excellent selection for singles. They don't have too many booster boxes or packs for sale though

And although Troll and Toad is a popular one, I would strongly discourage using their website. Everytime I've ordered from them I've had a bad experience
(Cards is much worse condition then stated, received duplicate's of cards, etc.)

Troll and Toad is one of the cheaper websites out there for singles -- but as the saying goes, you get what you paid for. I've received "near mint" cards with scratches, edge wear, small creases...the list goes on. The newer the sets the less of a problem you'll have, but as I tend to buy older...well, let's just say I've had my share of problems. That's not to discount them entirely, though. On any given order, I'll usually end up buying 50+ cards at a time, of which maybe 3 or 4 (sometimes 5) have issues. I suppose 5-10% of an order could be viewed as a lot, but if I pay a quarter or less per card I can't really complain.

Otherwise, eBay is a great source. Most reputable sellers post pictures and/or scans of the exact card you're to receive, so it makes judging condition much easier.

My box came from Legacy Cards yesterday, and I wasn't exactly happy with the quality. the plastic was torn and one side of the box was slightly damaged, which also means that there was a bit of damage to half the cards. I don't think I'll be buying from them again.

Slowbro Master said:
anybody had any luck with untappedgames.com or pokemon-cards.net??
I ordered a couple cards from untappedgames from their eBay store and the cards came in near mint condition. I went ahead and ordered a few more cards from their site directly. They have free shipping for orders over $5 on singles, and if you use the code "single10" at checkout, it takes 10% off all singles you ordered. Their prices are very competitive even before you use the discount.

As of lately, I like to cross-check prices between eBay, professoroak, and untappedgames.

Slowbro Master said:
anybody had any luck with untappedgames.com or pokemon-cards.net??

I just ordered a few singles from pokemon-cards.net so I'll definitely post how the conditions are when I get them. I bought 2 gold stars since their prices were so good and now I'm just really hoping they'll be in good condition.

Jeremy1026 said:
My box came from Legacy Cards yesterday, and I wasn't exactly happy with the quality. the plastic was torn and one side of the box was slightly damaged, which also means that there was a bit of damage to half the cards. I don't think I'll be buying from them again.

I can't remember the last time I got a booster box shipped in a cardboard box. Everyone is using envelopes which leads to damage like you got.

Familiar said:
Jeremy1026 said:

I can't remember the last time I got a booster box shipped in a cardboard box. Everyone is using envelopes which leads to damage like you got.

I purchased a box of FF from dacardworld.com that was shipped via UPS and in a box with sufficient packaging to prevent any damage. I'm just lucky that the SRs were on the undamaged side of the box.

Someone had suggested JJ's Fun Stuff somewhere else on the forums, so I pre-ordered a Flashfire box there. They shipped it packaged in a box with packaging peanuts, if you're concerned about sellers shipping with envelopes. They have good prices on boxes and shipping is very cheap (3.50 to ship a box).

When I still bought English cards, I used to order my booster boxes from Collector's Cache and they always shipped in boxes with good packaging.

Best place to buy english booster boxes?

What is the best website to buy english booster boxes? Mostly looking for cheap shipping to Europe.

RE: Best place to buy english booster boxes?

There should be another thread about this, don't remember what it's called though.
Anyway, I've bought 3 boxes(out of 4) from this site:
http://www.jjsfunstuff.com/

They have very good and cheap shipping and the prices on their boxes are really good!
So I would recommend that site. He previously sold on eBay as well, don't know if he does it anymore
(His username was blindguardian I believe).

Before I stopped collecting last year, I would buy from Pokemonforever.net. I believe the website owner is a member of some Pokemon forums and at least used to be an active trader on pokegym and possibly here. Also, its probably the cheapest place to get singles aside form the random ebay user, and it uses paypal so you can be sure its secure. Pre order prices beat the site listed above by a few cents, and shipping is pretty decent.

Herugaa said:
What is the best website to buy english booster boxes? Mostly looking for cheap shipping to Europe.

One thing to keep in mind when ordering imported boxes is customs costs. I don't know what country you live in, but here in the Netherlands, you pay a €13 processing free + 12% (I think?) if the item(s) are worth more than €20 for a commericial shipment or €40 for a gift shipment. These costs are pretty steep, and should be factored into your calculations when deciding where to ship from. I would strongly suggest that you look into your own country's customs rules to find out what these additional costs will be before making any kind of decision.

From my experience buying cards, the best place to buy singles is obviously in a card shop, where you can physically see the card, examine it for scratches/flaws, then haggle with the clerk for a better price. However, online I would go to Ebay over TrollandToad in a HEARTBEAT. My experience with TrollandToad has been horrible, and I would like to deter anyone from doing business with them. I opened 16 Plasma Blast packs, and pulled 2 Jirachi EX, and 1 Dialga EX, and sent them to TandT for some cash, fresh from the pack, in sleeves and everything. They got the cards and claimed that they weren't in mint/near mint condition and said they would only pay half price. LOL wut? Okay I said, send me a picture of the cards, I told them, they did and they looked the exact same as when I pulled them from the packs. So I just asked them to give my cards back, I'll pay for shipping. What I got back was not the cards I sent. My Dialga EX and a large crease on the left side, and one of my Jirachi's looked as if someone had taken a knife and scratched the picture. I was outraged and contacted them immediately. They claimed the damage occurred during the shipping process, and that they were not liable for the damages caused. Clearly, cards don't get their faces scratched while being shipped! There's a reason they're called TROLLandToad - They're fudging trolls! - Because of this, I will NEVER do service with them again, and I advise you to do the same.

Ebay has good deals if you look hard enough, and some people are willing to do deals with you if you buy multiples of their products. Plus, if there are any problems, Ebay sides with the buyer 90% of the time, unlike TrollandToad.

I have to agree that ebay is surely one of the best websites for anything pokemon tcg. Around a year ago I bought a huge lot of booster packs of 60 I believe for a total of $135 including shipping, and it was but it now. The packs were shipped nicely and undamaged and they weren't weighed. (Usually I don't buy packs anymore unless I find lots like that) It is cheap in many cases and there isn't much risk imo, if the seller falsely advertised you get refunded. Also just look at the feedback of the seller.

Also ebay seems to be the place to find the fair value of a card. In fact I would go as far as to say that ebay is the only place to find out good values on cards (from completed listings.)

One time out of 70 ish purchases I received a fake card, and I got a full refund, and got to keep the card.
I bought from TandT through ebay, and I would say it was average for anything on ebay.
I also bought something from amazon, it was really good, but personally I don't like the format of the website... So I dont buy from them except for when I have gift cards.

Moral of the story is: TrollandToad is evil, Ebay is reasonable.
Also, I'm not sure if it violates the rules to post links to another website (if it does, please just delete all the links I post :D) but here are some horror stories and more bad experiences from buying from TandT:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/584503/more-bad-things-to-say-about-troll-and-toad
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?175493-Troll-and-Toad-Declining-in-Customer-Service

Back