Best Place Online to Buy?

airsoft246

Aspiring Trainer
I typically buy my regular cards from Professor Oak bc of their 25 card- 5$ of deal, and usually the more expensive ones from collectors cache since they always have sales on the nicer cards. The downside is the expensive shipping. They both have good quality cards though, but does anyone know the best place to buy? With the best condition cards?

RE: Best place online to buy cards?

Trollandtoad has been an answer for a lot of people I know but I've personally had trouble choosing a specific site to buy single cards from as I keep finding sites with differing prices for specific cards. Although I haven't bought singles in a while, the last time I did was from coolstuffinc. I don't know if it's the best but I got my cards Celebi EX and Mew EX in NM condition.

Didn't know of that site until now... I feel like I've been getting ripped off on eBay...
If all those cards are real and are truly mint, I can't imagine that you'll beat those prices.
Shipping is free in the US.

Edit: Ordering from there now!

Actually TrollandToad has a lot of cheaper nice cards, can anyone vouch for the "near-mint" conditions they're listed as, at least compared to proffesor oak or collectors cache?

I can't compare as I just got back into collecting.
What I've read and been told so far is essentially TrollandToad's "near-mint" isn't exactly "near-mint."

So basically, I too would like to know more about these sites, who has the best prices, conditions, and reliability?

Edit: The major difference I see is that Professor Oak sells "mint" cards only. Can anyone vouch for the actual quality? airsoft, you buy from there, what have your experiences been like?

I've yet to have any bad quality cards, they've always been in great condition. However like I said, I never buy the nicer cards from their website bc of CC having better deals, but when I did buy some of the Prime cards from the HGSS sets through them, they were in good condition but when I tried to sell a couple back to them not long after (for money reasons, not card quality reasons) they wouldn't buy one or two back. That confused me. But no, no card has had bad quality from them. The guy who owns it is a very nice guy too, I think he's married to some women high up in the pokemon business world

Oh and professor oak has tons of near mint, check the older sets (base to end of ruby sapphire era sets)

Oh and one more, I bought some of the Call of Legends special holos from them, great condition

I never buy the more expensive ultra rare cards unless they have been PSA graded :)

I don't really know of any sites that sell singles in good condition, ordered some "mint" cards from Troll&Toad and they were not mint ._.

Jungletoad said:
I never buy the more expensive ultra rare cards unless they have been PSA graded :)

I don't really know of any sites that sell singles in good condition, ordered some "mint" cards from Troll&Toad and they were not mint ._.

Not everyone wants PSA or the inflated price that comes with it.

airsoft246 said:
Actually TrollandToad has a lot of cheaper nice cards, can anyone vouch for the "near-mint" conditions they're listed as, at least compared to proffesor oak or collectors cache?

Don't buy any holo from T&T if you're a collector. The last holo I got from them was full of scratches.

So should I stick with my websites or are there better ones?

I understand this is leaning towards singles, but somewhere on the forums someone shared http://legacycardshop.com/ for booster packs and they also have singles. I can't personally vouch for them yet however.

BlastoiseRules1 said:
Frost Mage said:
BlastoiseRules1 said:
http://legacycardshop.com/

He is a friend of mine, who started his own business in September 2012. Let him know BlastoiseRules sent you! :)

Booster Boxes are "typically" $90 with FREE Shipping if your in the United States.
Woah, what a deal. $2.50 for packs with a $1.90 flat shipping rate? I need to start buying my packs from there!

You can use one of the following coupon codes also...

Free Ship – Free Shipping on all purchases over $10
Booster- Free Shipping on booster packs

The prices are great, can anyone out there vouch for the condition of legacy's cards?

We recently launched http://ThePokeCapital.com. Singles wise we only have XY so far and will be adding XY Flashfire in the coming days. Have Flashfire booster boxes and Charizard EX boxes (sealed or, for cheaper shipping loose) available for pre-order. As time permits we'll have singles for all modified legal sets at minimum. Will get Flashfire up next and then work our way backwards from newest to oldest. We always put all of our holo rares/exs/full arts into soft sleeves right after opening from pack as evidenced in our opening videos on http://youtube.com/pokemoncards247.

They're not bad, I typically buy the older cards, but when I start buying the XY ones I will definitely check them out. Anyone else?

Well, I've seen a good site called ChoasCards but I haven't ordered from them yet. They've updated their loyalty rewards for customers with accounts and they're pretty big with their discounts from what I've seen from their site. Pretty good deals too and they can ship pretty much all over the world :)

http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/

Terridactual said:
Well, I've seen a good site called ChoasCards but I haven't ordered from them yet. They've updated their loyalty rewards for customers with accounts and they're pretty big with their discounts from what I've seen from their site. Pretty good deals too and they can ship pretty much all over the world :)

http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/

I find it very expensive at chaoscards since a booster box is around $120, shipping excluded,
Which is what a box regularly costs for me when the shipping is included.

I got my order from professor oak a few days ago. Fantastic. Shipped very quickly, arrived in two days. The cards were in excellent condition. I'd say 10/13 were indeed mint. The others had very minor flaws, not things you notice in a binder. I will be ordering singles from him from now on. No point to even bother testing the waters with other sellers. Would definitely recommend.

gamingetc.com has decent holos at for less than a buck or so. They however, do buy cards from other people and ask that the cards are easy to look through and unsleeved. So they may be slightly scratched. I've ordered many times and I usually just hit the near mint criteria for me. If I want near gem mint cards I usually order from http://www.bbtoystore.com/

I got some pretty damn close to gem Unseen Forces ex cards from there.

But if I'm really picky about condition, I like professor oak, despite the expensive prices. He knows how to seriously look at the cards he's selling. Best old school card seller I've bought from so far.

For Japanese old school cards, card-collector.uk is fantastic.

Legacycardshop.com's website is so terrible. We sure they are reputable?

Back