Best Deck Post-DE (CMT, Zek, Dark?)

iisnumber12 said:
It does. The Truth is better in smaller tournaments because you have a low chance of playing against a secret deck or a counter deck. Big tournaments, everything needs to be watched out for.

I think you forgot the fact that The Truth got 2nd at Worlds, the biggest tournament in the world...

alexmf2 said:
I think you forgot the fact that The Truth got 2nd at Worlds, the biggest tournament in the world...

BTW, it only made top cut because his last round opponent scooped after winning. He shouldn't have gotten top cut. (BTW, I think he deserved it, but shouldn't have made it)

EDIT: Also, worlds isn't the biggest tournament

iisnumber12 said:
BTW, it only made top cut because his last round opponent scooped after winning. He shouldn't have gotten top cut. (BTW, I think he deserved it, but shouldn't have made it)

EDIT: Also, worlds isn't the biggest tournament

The two guys played it through afterwards and google ended up winning. It shouldn't even matter though, if the deck was good enough to get 2nd then it made cut for a good reason.

And Worlds is definitely the biggest tournament in the world. It is the best players in the entire world, what tournament would be harder than that?

alexmf2 said:
The two guys played it through afterwards and google ended up winning. It shouldn't even matter though, if the deck was good enough to get 2nd then it made cut for a good reason.

And Worlds is definitely the biggest tournament in the world. It is the best players in the entire world, what tournament would be harder than that?

I mean size based on player count, not who's there. Worlds is also kind of a different story because it was all metagame decks and Anti-Meta for worlds is an amazing play.

alexmf2 said:
Like EliGagerNorris said, look at The Truth.

You should look at the truth NOW. I think that you can just troll with Groudon spread since no one runs water and you can just troll everyone. Regigigas for big kos, Kyurem for disruption. The difficulty is of course setup, but Twins/Rare Candy/Pokemon Communication does fine. 3-1-3 Vileplume could help too.

I guess The Truth could make a comeback with the new Accelgor from Dark Explorers but you will still need Sunflora to fetch back Accelgor every turn aside from getting DCE's with Twins but I don't feel it's that reliable...

Imho IF cm variants were played more they would've taken more wins that bein said zeels as it stands this very moment is considered the BDIF. What will happen after DEX? I think nothing to big will change except for dark decks being thrown around it would be nice to see a dark deck take some wins

iisnumber12 said:
I mean size based on player count, not who's there. Worlds is also kind of a different story because it was all metagame decks and Anti-Meta for worlds is an amazing play.

Lol, why in the world would the player count of a tournament change how good a deck is?

IMO after DE:
ZekEels w/ Terrakion> Darkrai w/o Weavile
Both Darkrais > CMT
CMT > ZekEels w/ Terrakion
Darkrai w/ Weavile = ZekEels w/ Terrakion
Both Darkrai > ZekEels w/o Terrakion
ZekEels w/o Terrakion > CMT

The player count of a tournament doesn‘t change how good a deck is in an absolute sense, but sometimes, it does change how likely it is to win.

(Now please don‘t go “duh, you‘re less likely to win a large tournament“, I mean when represented as an equal portion of the total turnout.)

alexmf2 said:

Yes it did, but you should also consider the cards that we had in the format at the time. Pokemon Catcher, for one, was not released yet allowing for a much less desrupting set up. We also didn't have Raikou, which is the reason why The Truth will prosper no more (since it can snipe Reuniclus and Vileplume).

Nigel said:
Yes it did, but you should also consider the cards that we had in the format at the time. Pokemon Catcher, for one, was not released yet allowing for a much less desrupting set up. We also didn't have Raikou, which is the reason why The Truth will prosper no more (since it can snipe Reuniclus and Vileplume).

I'm not arguing that The Truth is good or bad. Iisnumber12 said that The Truth would not have worked well in a smaller sized tournament, and I was saying that that makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, Truth is definitely dead by now because of Raikou and Mewtwo.

Large Cloak might give The Truth another shot at being decent... but you have to get the tool before item lock, Rayquaza EX will pretty much ruin it anyways, and a rotation will probably be happening soon by then as well...

But honestly, Zekeels beats CMT and Durant, and is around 50% with Terrakion varients if played right... and it won 7/8 Regionals. How is this being disputed?

EliGagerNorris said:
But honestly, Zekeels beats CMT and Durant, and is around 50% with Terrakion varients if played right... and it won 7/8 Regionals. How is this being disputed?

Because it is going into a new format where 1-2 more Tier 1 worthy decks are being introduced? And I would never put Zekeels at 50/50 with Terrakion, that's why it's called a counter.

ESP said:
Because it is going into a new format where 1-2 more Tier 1 worthy decks are being introduced? And I would never put Zekeels at 50/50 with Terrakion, that's why it's called a counter.

It's a very gimmicky counter. If you know how to deal with it, it's pretty easy.

I said that the truth works much better in smaller sized tournaments and worlds. This is because:
For worlds, everything is metagame and the truth beat the metagame decks
For smaller tournaments, there are only a few rounds, so there are much less chances to do bad. I used the Truth in a 4 round tournament and went 4-0, then I went in a 6 round tournament and went 3-3. This is how it will usually go because if there are less players, there are less chances that someone will have a deck that beats yours.

iisnumber12 said:
I said that the truth works much better in smaller sized tournaments and worlds. This is because:
For worlds, everything is metagame and the truth beat the metagame decks
For smaller tournaments, there are only a few rounds, so there are much less chances to do bad. I used the Truth in a 4 round tournament and went 4-0, then I went in a 6 round tournament and went 3-3. This is how it will usually go because if there are less players, there are less chances that someone will have a deck that beats yours.

Maybe you just did good in the small tournament and bad in the second one? There are wayyy too many variables to make one situation prove anything. For example, I seem to remember Celebi making a front page article about winning a Regionals with The Truth. I also got 6th with The Truth, and that was even in this format.

alexmf2 said:

Actually, Worlds only has around 40 people in each division, which is smaller than most states.
If you mean biggest by the most competitive, then you are right.

Infinity said:
Actually, Worlds only has around 40 people in each division, which is smaller than most states.
If you mean biggest by the most competitive, then you are right.

That's just North America.

No, we had about 100 in each division, but I still stand by my argument. That was just an example and it makes sense. Truth can lose because of some small change in somebody's list. In small tournaments, you know pretty much what everybody's playing and a good percentage of their list. You can then use that to play against them. In larger tournaments however, you can't guess what everybody's playing and you will not know what you're up against.

Back