Beach Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Beach Magazine - we need YOU to supply our content!

Meaty said:
I like the idea, but it needs some work. Like others have said, people need qualifications for the jobs, they shouldn't just be handed around. Before giving any jobs we should have applications and tests to see who qualifies most. Also for the news section (that I'm kind of interested in by the way) we should probably have sub-sections like tcg, vg, op and miscellaneous (anime & movies & other stuff).
We already have that, that's kinda what I signed up for, though I agree with everything else you said

Blue Thunder said:
Even though I think this magazine's potential success is questionable, I'll sign up for "Summary of Pokemon news for the month". I feel it's perfect for someone like me, who is OK at everything, but not good at anything.

That's pretty much why I'm thinking about it. I casually play vg but still know my stuff pretty well, and I competitively play tcg but wouldn't call myself too good. I still don't want to "sign up" for anything yet because I think we should change this system as I said. I also think Deck Garage should be more than one person, and maybe we get a new article writer every week but the same person can still write more than one article but max once a month or so.

Just more ideas.

EDIT: Too mnay people posting at one! :O

Lets try to keep on the topic of roles please guys.

I've gotten rid of 'Ask PP' for the moment.

shaymin, you're in.
Guy, you're in.
Jirachinik, I'll ask you to do the the latest anime episode review.
Gale, I was just referencing to the Big Questions, but you're in. For this issue, I wan't any game on the Wii or DS.
TheFudgehogGuy, you're in. For this issue, I wan't any game on the Wii or DS.

With Redshark and Shoddy I will hold a mini-tournament to get the person for the role (subject to change). Who won the last RS tournament and Gym Challenge? I may ask these people to take up the role.

I need a sub-editor to help me run this. They must be organised, active and can prove that they can handle it. PM me for applications

EDIT: Ninj'ad by 5 people :O

Meaty and Blue Thunder - can you work together on the news?

Well I guess and if some people end up not fit for certain jobs than keep what I said in mind.

Remember, none of these roles are concrete ATM and come the first issue, if your content is not up to scratch then I will replace you.

How will you post this? :B

Few questions about the video games position

• Can they be M-Rated games? If not, I guess I can work with that.
    I didn't quite understand it from your last post, but are there any system restrictions?
    How long do you want the review to be?
    Do you want it to be based off a rating scale? x/10, x/5, any decimal points, that kind of stuff?

TheDarkLucario said:
How will you post this? :B

A. This will be a REAL magazine.

B. This will be a REALLY long post

Nice, nice idea!

I can do the fanfiction too, but since I'm in the Writer's Haven, that already counts for me ;) (I hope that doesn't take away my chance for other roles?)
And I can also do the character of the month item (and I could help with Pokémon of the month, if TheDarkLucario is busy or such). I could also do the summary of the news.

I'd prefer the last (edit: ) first (char of the month), but would be glad with the other too.

Ice Espeon said:
shaymin, you're in.
Guy, you're in.
Jirachinik, I'll ask you to do the the latest anime episode review.
Gale, I was just referencing to the Big Questions, but you're in. For this issue, I wan't any game on the Wii or DS.
TheFudgehogGuy, you're in. For this issue, I wan't any game on the Wii or DS.

With Redshark and Shoddy I will hold a mini-tournament to get the person for the role (subject to change). Who won the last RS tournament and Gym Challenge? I may ask these people to take up the role.

Um, what about me doing cover art?

*EDIT*
never mind, shaymin signed up. I am overruled. I could be a monster creator if you want though...

Gale said:
Few questions about the video games position

• Can they be M-Rated games? If not, I guess I can work with that.
    I didn't quite understand it from your last post, but are there any system restrictions?
    How long do you want the review to be?
    Do you want it to be based off a rating scale? x/10, x/5, any decimal points, that kind of stuff?

Someones gonna rate New Vegas HaHa.
Q: When will it be released? You need to give everyone a deadline!

Gale, lets keep to a maximum of 12+ as most of the people that visit here are around that age. For this issue I would like a Wii or DS game reviewed. I would like each article to be at least an A4 page of size 12 Times New Roman font with no formating. Reviews should be out of 10 with no bias expressed for or against the reviewed item.
Sorry aggiegwyn, but shaymin has a proven track record. Maybe you can do a cover in the future.
Coolkid, Must of missed this:
Ice Espeon said:
I'm not putting you up coolkid because you haven't been very active recently.
42c, Character of the Month is basically an ingame or anime Pokémon character like Ash, with bckground info, personality and stuff like that.

In case you read my post before I editted:

SinRaven said:
Nice, nice idea!

I can do the fanfiction too, but since I'm in the Writer's Haven, that already counts for me ;) (I hope that doesn't take away my chance for other roles?)

And I can also do the character of the month item (and I could help with Pokémon of the month, if TheDarkLucario is busy or such). I could also do the summary of the news.

I'd prefer the last (edit: ) first (char of the month), but would be glad with the other too.

I accidentaly said last, but meant first.

Q: When will it be released? You need to give everyone a deadline!

Okay, you can do Character of the Month (and no, Writer's Haven does not restrict you just to one role).

Ice Espeon said:
Sorry aggiegwyn, but shaymin has a proven track record. Maybe you can do a cover in the future.
Thats okay.(shaymin is a lot arty-ishly-awesomer than me) Could I still do the monster thing though?

Ice Espeon said:
Gale, lets keep to a maximum of 12+ as most of the people that visit here are around that age. For this issue I would like a Wii or DS game reviewed. I would like each article to be at least an A4 page of size 12 Times New Roman font with no formating. Reviews should be out of 10 with no bias expressed for or against the reviewed item.

That's news to me. I can think of many children around that age who play T/M-Rated games, but I understand where you're coming from. I'll try to work with Nintendo. Going to be hard since very few blockbuster E-rated games come out on a monthly basis, or even non-blockbuster games. But that's fine.

Should I actually create an article now, or wait for your approval, or...?

Do you need an Editor (Not in chief)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back