Battle Roads Speculation

1. Terrakion. It destroys (unless they are teched well) Dark and Zeels.

2. Darkrai. If it can get setup fast, it will stomp down hard on you. Hyped a ton.

3. Zeels. The BDIF right now considering its first place at all Regionals except one.

4. CMT. It is fast and consistent but Darkrai can kill it. It one shots Tornadus and weakens Mewtwo EX.

5. Durant. It justs trolls people....

6. Zoroark. Yes, it can get 120 on turn 2, but only if everything works out perfectly. If not, all your basics get one shot (Terrakion just rolls over it).

US idea (Aus, BR has come and gone (some) =3)
1 Terrakion/Landorus
2 Zekeels
3 CMT (almost gone <:( )
4 Dark decks (Darkrai/Zoroark you know)
5 The Truth
6 Durant
Probably get ctritz for this post (with Mewbox and The Truth) but it's an opinion thread, open expession (not for violence)

People will stop playing zeels and dark decks if terrakion is the bdif, then it means that terra won't be the bdif anymore because there is nothing for it to counter.

^ nah zekeels and dark dec. will still see play, terrakion counters them yes, but they have access to mewtwo EX and the new, more dangerous Tornadus EX....

I know....
Blui is saying that Terrakion will be the BDIF (because it counters zeels and dark) but, it can't be because people will just stop playing the decks it counters and then it would be bad.

Infinity said:
I know....
Blui is saying that Terrakion will be the BDIF (because it counters zeels and dark) but, it can't be because people will just stop playing the decks it counters and then it would be bad.

yeah that too.... If tornadus fails then terrakion will have no place to go xD

he'll always be a hate deck....

TPZ said:
2. Zekeels. Mostly because it will still see a tremendous amount of play, and will gain Raikou-EX.

But ZekEels doesn't really gain anything from Raikou EX, it's definitely worth testing in the deck but I think the deck can work just fine without it or it might just be an excuse for players to cut their only copy of Zekrom EX in their ZekEels decks.

VictiniMan said:
4. CMT. It is fast and consistent but Darkrai can kill it. It one shots Tornadus and weakens Mewtwo EX.

What If CMT starts running Tornadus EX? The only way I see CMT dying is by Rotation when the deck converts itself into Tornadus Donk and I've seen the decklist from Japan, it's pretty beastly:

Pokemon (10)

4 Tornadus EX
0-3 Aerodactyl DE
2 Tornadus EP
1 Mewtwo EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (34)

4 Professor Juniper
4 Bianca
4 Random Receiver
4 Fast Ticket
4 Ultra Ball
4 Twist Mountain
4 N
3 Skyarrow Bridge
2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Switch

Energies (16)

4 {C}{C}
12 {P}

Deck Total (60)

1.Terrakion
2. Zekeels
3. Zoroark
4. CMT
5. Darkrai
6. This last one is one i'd like to see squeeze in... Empoleon variants :)

Guys, please do the 6 decks that I have listed, no more, no less. If you feel there is a meta deck that I haven't listed, please voice your opinion. If you don't list all of the decks, I will put them behind your last one, in the order of what the current averages are. If you write Darkrai and Zoroark as one deck, I will put Darkrai as the number and Zoroark behind it as Darkrai currently has a better average.

Also, I agree with Infinity about Terrakion.

alexmf2 said:
Guys, please do the 6 decks that I have listed, no more, no less. If you feel there is a meta deck that I haven't listed, please voice your opinion. If you don't list all of the decks, I will put them behind your last one, in the order of what the current averages are. If you write Darkrai and Zoroark as one deck, I will put Darkrai as the number and Zoroark behind it as Darkrai currently has a better average.

Why? Your list is, no offense, bad. Terrakion will probably die out because people now know how to beat it, Dakrai is all hype and will NOT do good, and zoroark, donphan, and zekeels will control the meta. My opinion has been voiced.

iisnumber12 said:
Why? Your list is, no offense, bad. Terrakion will probably die out because people now know how to beat it, Dakrai is all hype and will NOT do good, and zoroark, donphan, and zekeels will control the meta. My opinion has been voiced.

I don't think Terrakion is good, but I think it's better than Zoroark, as that is completely horrible. Oh yay, I get to do 120 on turn 2 for a ton of setup. And then your OHKOed right off the bat because of your meager 100 hp. And then you need to swarm stage 1s vs. decks that are swarming basics.

Darkrai is amazing if you can make it consistent enough, but builds can vary a lot and different builds have different strategies.

Donphan is horrible. I beat it 3 out of 4 times with my ZekEels vs. a person who is currently in the top 20 of North America. If you can give me proof that Donphan is a good deck, I will add it to the list, but so far from my proof, it isn't.

ZekEels is of course still good. I never said it wasn't.

You're talking to 23rd in NA.

Pick up the cards. My Donphan vs. your Zekeels right now PlayTCG. Send me the link. I will prove it is viable.

iisnumber12 said:
I'd just like to mention you got EXTREMELY lucky.

While I do belive luck is a major factor of the game, that's not a very good arguement. :p (no offense intended)

Brave Vesperia said:
While I do belive luck is a major factor of the game, that's not a very good arguement. :p (no offense intended)

I drew dead and got terrible flips 3 games in a row! I play tons of supporters.

iisnumber12 said:

What were you playing again? Donphan? besides the opening flip and Dual Ball (if you use it), what else requires flips?

But yeah, that is pretty bad luck. Sorry.

iisnumber12 said:

If you really want to, we can continue it as a 6 out of 10. But let's continue this over PM or profile, it's clogging the thread.

Back