Battle Roads Speculation

alex

Miss the game
What decks do you guys think will do best at BRs?

If we pool all of our thoughts together, we can make a pretty good tier list. So here's how we can put them together:

ZekEels:
8 #1
7 #2
2 #3
2 #4
Total: 36
Current average: 2

Terrakion:
5 #1
4 #2
5 #3
3 #4
2 #5
Total: 50
Current average: 2.5

Darkrai:
4 #1
4 #2
4 #3
2 #4
3 #5
2 #6
Total: 59
Current average: 3

CMT:
2 #1
2 #2
6 #3
6 #4
3 #5
Total: 63
Current average: 3

Zoroark:
2 #2
2 #3
4 #4
3 #5
8 #6
Total: 89
Current average: 4.5

Durant:
3 #4
6 #5
10 #6
Total: 102
Current average: 5

At the end I can average it all together, and then we can compare it to the actual results and see how close we were.

Please try to include all these decks on your list. If anyone thinks that there are any meta game decks that I missed, tell me and if you give good reasons I will add them.

Top 6

#1 Terrakion
People will be playing a lot of dark cards as experiments, as well as Zeels. Terrakion runs over both decks.

#2 Darkrai
By this i assume you mean using dark patch and tornadus to fuel him up (if not then move this to #3.) Deck is fast and REALLY difficult to get in the way of.

#3 MTC (move to 2 if darkrai is done incorrectly)
fast. consistent. just a good deck, period.

#4 Zekeels
Darkrai will give this a hard time without a doubt, but the deck will still see some play due to several constant good aspects.

#5 Durant
Whatever you are playing Durant doesn't care, he'll just keep milling.

#6 Zoroark
Yes T2 160 is insane, but the difficultly of getting them out sets this deck back greatly.

my top 6 would look like this:

1. Zekeels
2. CMT
3. Dark Dec.
4. Terrakion
5. Raikou/Eels
6. Durant

note that I believe the top 2 will remain the same, however I also think that the gap between them and all the other decks will lessen greatly. Dark Dec. will be a nice swarm deck but is slightly over hyped imo. terrakion will see play but tornadus EX will rip it to pieces, Raikou eels will be a nice idea but wont preform as well as the others and durant? durant has to put up with OHKO's from Tornadus, Heatmor, darkrai etc. and wont really be able to respond :/

Ahem, Darkrai is too hyped. My list is:
1. Zekeels (can beat everything, even straight terrakion)
2. Terrakion (Fighting keels dark and electric.)
3. Dark shenanigans (Zoroark) (Beats MTC, can be pretty good against ZekEels, dies to Terrakion)
4. MTC (still fast and good. awesome deck, as much as I hate that it donks)
5. Durant (Durant got alot worse. Heatmor may not be a common tech, but Durant can be beaten by any good player that knows the matchup)
6. Darkrai (why would it be that good? It isn't. Seems way to inconsistent to me)

I think celebi/mewtwo/absol or just mewtwo/absol will be a top tier deck.
something with absol will be top tier. absol is going to be amazing.

rileysill32 said:
I think celebi/mewtwo/absol or just mewtwo/absol will be a top tier deck.
something with absol will be top tier. absol is going to be amazing.

How so? Tornadus is way better. Hits for 80 and has 110 hp. Absol is easy to KO. its body is pretty good, but its attack requires you to lost zone something or nothing happens.

Updated. Results are varying quite a lot so far, but the more results we get, the more consistent our answers should be.

RogueChomp said:
How so? Tornadus is way better. Hits for 80 and has 110 hp. Absol is easy to KO. its body is pretty good, but its attack requires you to lost zone something or nothing happens.

it has potential. it can T1 just as well as tornadus.
and with the over populated Zekeel meta we are in right now.
I would take a T1 absol attack, lost zone 1 pokemon and put 2 damage counters on each of their tynamo leaving their potential eels with only 70 HP left. making for an easier 1HKO later in the game and destroying the concept of their deck. I would take that over a tornadus personally knowing I can put 2 damage counters on all their basics they play.

let's look @ what the starting absol does to the meta pokemon after the pokebody.
CMT:
Mewtwo EX 150hp (4 energy 1HKO with your mewtwo, that is crucial means you don't need to scurry for your plus power
Celebi (left with 40hp on the bench)
Tornadus (left with 90hp)

Zekeels
Zekrom EX 160hp
Zekrom BW 110hp
Thunderus 90hp
Tynamo 10hp, 20hp (ouch. leaving an eel with 70hp)
any baby pokemon (10hp)
Smeargle 50hp

Terrkion & Landorus decks
Landorus 90hp
Terrkion 110hp
Shaymin 50hp

as you can see, it cripples all decks. making 1HKO's much easier.

So your opponent has to make 1 of 2 choices. Altering their entire game play disrupting the flow of their decks to a degree.
Choice 1, play your pokemon and take the 20 damage anyways.
Or hold off and wait until the Absol is KO'd meaning they have to wait an extra turn, losing a turn to play their evolves if they do play evolves at all.

I think Absol, when found with the right synergies is going to be a devastating card.

Updated, added the current averages.

We need more people to post! The more people we get, the more efficient our list will be.

1. Darkrai
2. ZekEels
3. Terrakion
4. Durant
5. CM Variants
6. Zoroark

Number 1 and 2 are the hardest to place by far. Both are extremely solid decks for BR and going on to Nationals/Worlds. For BR though, I expect more people to jump into the new Darkness cards.

dmaster out.

1. ZekEels. Consistent builds will win most games. (even against Terrakion)
2. Darkrai. Possibility of a donk + late game consistency? Heck yes.
3. Terrakion. Good enough to beat ZekEels and Darkrai, but good players will know how to beat it.
4. MTC. Good deck, but IMO, it has been losing alot of consistency and play recently, plus Dark types resist Mewtwo, making it slightly harder to get a donk.
5. Zoroark. T2 160 is very possible, but if your opponent gets set-up, you're screwed.
6. Durant. Still a good, reliable deck, but not as good as it used to be, especialy with Heatmor coming out. Everyone knows how to play against it now and knows what to expect.

Updated. So far ZekEels has been voted the best, while Durant and Zoroark are pretty far off. Darkrai, CMT and Terrakion seem to be staying in the middle.

alexmf2 said:
Updated. So far ZekEels has been voted the best, while Durant and Zoroark are pretty far off. Darkrai, CMT and Terrakion seem to be staying in the middle.

yeah that seems about right....

1. Terrakion. People will be testing how good the hyped Dark decks are, to which Terrakion says, lol. Good Zekeels match as well.

2. Zekeels. Mostly because it will still see a tremendous amount of play, and will gain Raikou-EX.

3. Darkrai. Hyped card/deck and pretty consistent and fast.

4. Zoroark. Fast, but unfortunetly gets OHKOed by a lot of basics. Will see a lot of play, but not sure if it will live up to the hype.

5. CMT. It's apparently losing steam, but will still be a playable deck. Gains Tornadus-EX which is a great addition.

6. Durant. Should be counting down the last of it's days of usefulness. I would be surprised to go to any BR's and see a Durant win it. I expect a few top cuts, but not much after that.

Back