Basketball

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
Who likes it? I loved to play as a little kid, but I stopped in late elementary and middle school. Recently, my interest in basketball has rekindled. So, this is a thread where you can talk about basketball! Who plays it? Do you play on a team? Do you play a certain position?
I myself would love to play on a team, but this year I mised the tryouts (I would probably make C team at my current skill level, but I couldn't have at the beginning of the year), and my school next year won't have a team. Right now I play two or three times a week with friends at ou community center.

I love basketball, but just play with my friends. I may join a team.

Back when I played basketball, I had an amazing shot. Made like almost every single one. I could dribble well, too. Problem is, I had terrible defense. I couldn't rebound because of how short I was, and blocking shots wasn't easy because of that reason x3

I don't really play basketball anymore. I got really interested in 2nd grade, but when I 5th grade I began to got into other sports. I was never really a competitive person, I guess.

I love playing basketball with my friends. Occasionally, we drop the hoop down to 7.5 feet just so we can dunk and stuff. It's really fun. :p
Normally though, we play on a standard 10' hoop. Lots of fun. I always get to play defense against the dude who's 2 inches shorter than me, but is ridiculously quick, and can basically make any 3 point shot he wants, even with a hand in his face. >_> I'm unfortunately the build of a good point guard, with the athleticism of a power forward, so that's rather annoying. I always have to play either defense against the ridiculously fast point guard, or offense against the 6'4 295lb football player. <_< Loads of fun.

I used to play in a league for fun. I made a game-winning 3 pointer once. :D

I have always had a mild interesting in basketball but only casually like a pickup game or something of that nature.

I play occasionally with friends or my students. I am more of a (American) football player or ultimate Frisbee player then anything else.

I played on my middle school basketball team. I had an amazing shot. I could actually defend (something that was apparently hard for the entire team), and I could jump pretty high. I was going to try out for the team when I went to high school, but I broke my arm early in the year and my shot was messed up ever since. It really sucks because I still can't shoot like I was able to.

... oh, and I like to watch basketball. Favorite team in the NBA is the Celtics, and my favorite team in the NCAA is UNC.

I play basketball, I'm much worse than you.

Okay that's not true, I'm not good enough to "play" basketball, but I walk down to the park and throw the ball at the basket.

I play basketball with my friends on Fridays after school, so I last played it today. One of the reasons I go is because there's this girl in my year who goes too, and I have a crush on her...

I play basketball frequently. I have a nice touch around the rim and a good long range shot. My midrange game could use some work, though. That's not really something I like to practice. I'm not great at dribbling, but I can make some nice passes. My defense is really good. I have long arms so I can block a lot of shots.

^That whole post was top-notch.

Played for like an hour today, there were a whole bunch of Elementary school kids there washing a van.

I can shoot alright, I'm probably best at it (in terms of my Basketball skills), I can also recover things pretty well.

I can't dribble to save my life.

I dunno, I feel an obligation to get better at Basketball because I'm 6'3 and in the ninth grade, also it's fun.

I'm good at shooting and all, but I was never good at actually playing a real game where you have to pass and dribble, etc.
I'll just stick with HORSE. ;)

I play often with people my age around the neighborhood. I've got a good mid-range shot, but I'd like to improve long-range. My perimeter defense is very good, but my post defense isn't. That's okay, though, because I'm never playing forward or center with my height anyway. I've got pretty decent ball-handling, so I can hold my own at either guard spot.

Me and my friends never actually assign positions on the team. I mean, you can kinda tell what we're playing by our height, and how much we have the ball, but eh. See, I have a great mid-range shot. I've also been working on my three-pointers. I'm decently tall (at least among the kids I play with; I'm 5'9"), but I'm terrible in the paint.
I'm also not a great defender.
At all.

I'm a girl I play baseketball for fun. I'm not on no team or anything. I watch basketball too. One of my favorite players is Rasheed Wallace :)

Yoda 432 pretty much got it, I'm pretty sweet at HORSE if I do say so myself.

Only my friends and I *ahem*Vulpix Yolk*ahem* usually play to "GOAT", or "FLUTTERSHY", or "PRINCESS CELESTIA".

Cuz we're manly.

blazikenlv100 said:
I'm a girl I play baseketball for fun. I'm not on no team or anything. I watch basketball too. One of my favorite players is Rasheed Wallace :)

Just don't get technicals every other game lol.

I play basketball with my friends.. I'm good in a 3 on 3 situation where I can easily cut into the basket and throw a leftie layup on the right side of the court. 5 on 5, I become a spot up mid-range or long range shooter. I usually play the 1,2 and 3 position and I'm around 5'7.

Back