Banning Blaziken... Was it really the best choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Once you get more competitive battling experience, you will understand better the true definition of a counter and a revenge killer. You are entitled to your opinion, but back it up with facts. It will make you look better. Damage calculations are great to have for example.

adan15

Shiny Hunter
I have competitive battling expirience and listen im not caring to argue with anybody can i go 5 seconds without people arguing with me about some stupid blaziken geez you guys act like im the only person that thinks it wasn't a good choice there are many people to who also think that

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
...no. Listen, you aren't making any sense. Your grammar and spelling are terrible, and you still haven't backed up your argument. I told you to "stfu" mostly as a joke, but partly because you've made a big stink about Blaziken on two seperate threads.
Also, "writing" refers to putting things down visibly in words. Not the materials you use to do it.
And this isn't something you really have an opinion about without facts to back it up. Your little tangent with the green sky is irrelevant and silly.
I mean, listen, I'm not mad at you. I just think you should try to be more knowledgable about what you're talking about before you post.

SuperSeaking

King of the sea
I just now learned that Blaziken was banned. I must say that I am very surprised. I never thought that any non-legendary that didnt have Shadow Tag and wasnt a pseudo would be banned.

I may not be an extreme competitive battler, but Im pretty sure that Blazikens strength is being overexaggerated.

xgo absol

Electroudonigigaserra!
Heres my opinion on blazekin. Its completely outclassed by infernape, but by no means makes blazekin bad. To be honest being outclassed kinda makes it better imo. With infernape in OU blazekin is forced to be UU which is where it can really shine. Blazekin has a good movepool especially on the special side. It has great offensive stats, acceptable speed with a way of boosting it, and is a great offensive UU pokemon in general. I don't think blazekin should be banned.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
xgo absol said:
Heres my opinion on blazekin. Its completely outclassed by infernape, but by no means makes blazekin bad. Blaziken has much better Atk and Sp. Atk, and an ability he can actually use. It's more like Infernape is completely outclassed by Blaziken. The only reason people would use Infernape in a non-banned Blaziken enviroment is because Infenape doesn't need a Speed Boost to outspeed his counters. That's all. If that's what you want; use Infernape. He just doesn't hit as hard as Blaziken and he can be revenge killed/countered easily. Blaziken's Atk and Sp. Atk are also MUCH BETTER than Infernape's. Speed Boost just makes Infernape obsolete. Also, there are some newer Pokemon than can outspeed Infernape and beat him. This is just like the discussion of Chansey or Blissey. Use Blissey if you want better Sp. Atk and Leftovers recovery. Otherwise, use Chansey. To be honest being outclassed kinda makes it better imo. What are you talking about? How is Blaziken better if he was outclassed? He's not. Let's get off the disscusion that Blaziken is outclassed. Infernape > Blaziken before a speed boost, but Blaziken > Infernape after a speed boost. There really isn't much to say other than you have no idea what you're talking about. With infernape in OU blazekin is forced to be UU which is where it can really shine. Are you clinically insane? This is, by far, the most dumbest thing I've ever heard mentioned in this thread. HAHAHA! Seriously, bro, learn how tiers work. Pokemon aren't decided on what tier they're put in by how they preform; they're decided by how much they're used. Get it? If Blaziken isn't going to be placed in the UU tier because he has a high usage stat. More than Infernape. Blazekin has a good movepool especially on the special side. It has great offensive stats, acceptable speed with a way of boosting it, and is a great offensive UU pokemon in general. Okay, I just busted your theories on why Blaziken is better than Infernape and why you Blaziken would make a good UU Pokemon. There really isn't much left to say other than Blaziken would completely dominate the UU tier, overcentralize it, and then get moved to OU. Once in OU, he will do exactly the same as he did in UU and get moved to Ubers. There. I don't think blazekin should be banned. /opinion

I'm really getting tired of people like this. They post having no idea what they're talking about. Please, do your research before you post. Read this entire thread before you post. At least have some competitive knowledge before you post. At least understand why Blaziken was banned before you post. At least be sensible and realistic before you post. Please, do all of that before you post.

I have no idea why we're still discussing this. He's banned; it's final. He's in the Uber tier and it's not changing. Discussion why he shouldn't be banned is really, really silly.

Edit: Please don't send me another PM about how mean I am, how I shouldn't "edit" your posts, how I constantly contradicted myself, and how you're "unbeaten on PB". That PM was really, really funny.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
I love how all of these people with little competitive battling experience are all saying that they think Blaziken shouldn't be banned.
Read the entire thread, play against a Blaziken, and stop repeating yourselves.

xgo absol

Electroudonigigaserra!
Shadow Arceus said:
I love how all of these people with little competitive battling experience are all saying that they think Blaziken shouldn't be banned.

I have more than enough experience.....ive played against blaziken before, and plenty of times.....I was just stating my opinion....

PG24

Advanced Member
xgo absol said:
Shadow Arceus said:

I have more than enough experience.....ive played against blaziken before, and plenty of times.....I was just stating my opinion....

Please don't use your opinions. Post actual calculations/logs/other stuff that proves that Blaziken shouldn't be banned instead of posting your opinions.

Before you do that, read this entire thread. Read this post. And please don't say "I've already read this entire thread" or "I don't need to". Just read it.

xgo absol

Electroudonigigaserra!
TheDarkLucario said:
xgo absol said:
Shadow Arceus said:

Please don't use your opinions. Post actual calculations/logs/other stuff that proves that Blaziken shouldn't be banned instead of posting your opinions.

Before you do that, read this entire thread. Read this post. And please don't say "I've already read this entire thread" or "I don't need to". Just read it.

I never said i read the entire thread or that i don't need to and you don't have to go around acting like you have better say than anyone else or what you would say is better anyway and you also don't have to go around saying I shouldn't be posting what i think. Im a person and a human being like everyone else.

PG24

Advanced Member
xgo absol said:
TheDarkLucario said:
xgo absol said:
Shadow Arceus said:

I never said i read the entire thread and you don't have to go around acting like you have better say than anyone else or what you would is better anyway and you also don't have to go around saying I shouldn't be posting what i think. Im a person and a human being like everyone else.

I know you didn't say you read the entire thread; I was suggesting that you do. If you do read the thread, you might be able to get a firm understanding about why Blaziken was banned. Right now, you do not. You're simply posting opinions which do not support anything. I think it would be better that you provide actual calculations and do some research to prove your points. In a discussion like this, opinions are useless. Facts and calculations really will help prove something.

Also, how am I acting like I "have something better to say"? Sorry, but I'm missing something.

SuperSeaking

King of the sea
Hey, would an Unaware Quagsire make a good counter to this thing? I dont know if its been mentioned before. Sorry if it has....

PG24

Advanced Member
SuperSeaking said:
Hey, would an Unaware Quagsire make a good counter to this thing? I don't know if its been mentioned before. Sorry if it has....
MixKen sometimes carries HP Grass, which beats Quagsire.

Swords Dance Blaziken's Hi Jump Kick is a 2HKO to Quagsire with Life Orb:
Adamant Blaziken vs Relaxed 252 HP / 252 Def Quagsire: 58.1% - 68.5%
Jolly Blaziken vs Relaxed 252 HP / 252 Def Quagsire: 53.3% - 62.7%

In summary; no. A counter is something that can safely switch in and threaten back. Quagsire can't do that.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry, superseaking, I did not mean to offend you.
I was referring to things like him being outclassed by Infernape, or people who aren't modest.

SuperSeaking

King of the sea
^^ Okay then. And I agree, this thing is no way in hell outclassed by Infernape.

^ I see.

What if the Quagsire was holding that berry that weakens Super-effective Grass attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.