Banning Blaziken... Was it really the best choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol @ starters.

Complex bans just look really confusing, anyways. Having two Pokemon in two different tiers just because of one ban would have people asking the same question over and over again, "But what makes Blaziken UU, yet Uber at the same time?" >_>

I still have no idea why we're still talking about this. He's banned. Deal with it.

Hmm correct me if I am wrong but couldn't Dragonite put some pressure on Blaziken with Priority Aqua jet and Extremespeed?

Aqua jet for sure no? Massive 134 attack going into a subpar base 70 defense.

Even with Stone Edge Dragonite is bulky enough to take the hit couple that with Multi-scale and Blaziken goes bye bye.

...what sort of a Dragonite carries Aqua Jet? Correct me if I'm wrong, but both Aqua Jet (super effective) and E-Speed (neutral) do the same amount of damage, right?

Hatman said:
...what sort of a Dragonite carries Aqua Jet? Correct me if I'm wrong, but both Aqua Jet (super effective) and E-Speed (neutral) do the same amount of damage, right?

It's just a viable option is all I am saying.

Aqua Jet is not justifiable on Dragonite. There are plenty of other moves it should be using. Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Roost, Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed, Aqua Tail, and Draco Meteor are much better options overall for Dragonite. Aqua Jet is too situational.

Point being though Dragonite is one of the bulkiest dragons out there barring a Stone edge/Rock slide Dragonite (Draco with multiscale will survive easily) will survive any of Blaziken's attacks and return a fatal blow such as EQ, Extremespeed, and Aqua Tail both have base 80 speed but that won't matter once Dragonite's EQ with a massive 134 attack brings down that spicy chicken.

Starforce Lv.X said:
Point being though Dragonite is one of the bulkiest dragons out there barring a Stone edge/Rock slide Dragonite (Draco with multiscale will survive easily) will survive any of Blaziken's attacks and return a fatal blow such as EQ, Extremespeed, and Aqua Tail both have base 80 speed but that won't matter once Dragonite's EQ with a massive 134 attack brings down that spicy chicken.

What calculations are you using to determine this? I need to see these calculations. It'd really help prove your point.

Plus, you're only stating that the following happened in this battle:
  • Stealth Rocks are not up. If SR is up, your point is really bogus.
  • Dragonite did not switch into Stone Edge. If he did, I highly doubt he would survive, even with Multiscale.
  • Dragonite has not taken any damage throughout the match up to the point of him being switched in.
  • Blaziken did not use Swords Dance. I'm pretty certain that all his moves will do a hefty amount of damage, even though Nite has Multiscale.
  • Blaziken did not get a Speed Boost.
  • The Blaziken is not mixed. If it is, then it did not use/have HP Ice
  • This is not a Wi-Fi battle. If it were, the player would have seen Dragonite, giving the Blaziken player a advantage.
Not only do I want to see calculations, I want to see a log of this actually happening where Dragonite manages to beat Blaziken.

Didn't read version:

TheDarkLucario said:
I still have no idea why we're still talking about this. He's banned. Deal with it.

wellp my speed boost just got beat by a dragonite, funny thing, because it missed stone edge ( gotta love its acurracy!) and got slapped in the face with aqua tail, but I could've pwned it so hard if i hadn't missed. Muhahahahaaaaaaaa! Belly drum set up and life orb. Stupid dragonite. But again using life orb and flare blitz gives you some measly health after a couple turns so a mach punch rupushin/conledurr could take you out easily( yes it happend to me, but in the end pwned it with my hydreigon don't as me how.)

mstr. breeder said:
wellp my speed boost just got beat by a dragonite, funny thing, because it missed stone edge ( gotta love its acurracy!) and got slapped in the face with aqua tail, but I could've pwned it so hard if i hadn't missed. Muhahahahaaaaaaaa! Belly drum set up and life orb. Stupid dragonite. But again using life orb and flare blitz gives you some measly health after a couple turns so a mach punch rupushin/conledurr could take you out easily( yes it happend to me, but in the end pwned it with my hydreigon don't as me how.)

Blaziken doesn't learn Belly Drum. What are you talking about?

To me, banning Speed Boost Blaziken was just what Competetive battlers need. SB Blaziken is almost unstopable in the 5th Gen OverUsed Metagame. This blaziken set got my team to peak 4th on the Pokemon Online Dream World Ladder:

257.png
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Speed Boost
Ev's: 252 Speed/ 252 Att/ 4 Hp
Adament Nature (+Att -SpAtt)
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Sky Uppercut
-Fire Punch
-Shadow Claw

I used to think that anything psychic and fast would wall blaziken, but when speed boost came out, i got Stolen by blaziken so many times, that it almost throught me into the mid 1200-1000 Cre pool, but then i started using it, and it was unstoppable. In my opinion, it was a good idea to ban SB Blaziken, because now its actually a challenge to get ranked in the top 50's.

Why use Sky Uppercut instead of High Jump Kick? It seems like such a waste.

Not only that, but why Fire Punch? The power difference between Fire Punch and Flare Blitz is really noticeable. Your Blaziken set just gets walled by too much.

If it's because of accuracy, you could simply use a Wide Lens. That's what I did with my Blaziken, although I found the power with Life Orb much more better. Focus Sash is a wast of an item on Blaziken, imo, since you just fail to score OHKOs on key Pokemon who can stop your sweep.

dragonexpert said:

Protect, if someone uses protect im fudging Screwed. And Sky Uppercut has better accuraccy.

TheDarkLucario said:
Not only that, but why Fire Punch? The power difference between Fire Punch and Flare Blitz is really noticeable. Your Blaziken set just gets walled by too much.

If it's because of accuracy, you could simply use a Wide Lens. That's what I did with my Blaziken, although I found the power with Life Orb much more better. Focus Sash is a wast of an item on Blaziken, imo, since you just fail to score OHKOs on key Pokemon who can stop your sweep.

Fire Punch is for blaze, and Flare Blitz causes recoil.

DracoMeteor said:
dragonexpert said:

Protect, if someone uses protect im dang Screwed. And Sky Uppercut has better accuraccy.

TheDarkLucario said:

Fire Punch is for blaze, and Flare Blitz causes recoil.

Fire Punch for Blaze? I assume you mean the ability. You only get one ability, bro. Sorry you missed that meeting. Please explain what you mean by 'Fire Punch is for blaze'.

If you really hate recoil, use Leftovers. It may seem really pointless to run Leftovers on such a frail Pokemon, but it helps negate recoil over time. I don't advise using it, but you can if you want.

If you really want to run Blaziken effectively, you have to run it with some risk. Fire Punch's 75 BP compared to Flare Blitz's 120 BP is an obvious difference. Same with Sky Uppercut's 85 BP compared to Hi Jump Kick's 130 BP.

Also, Hi Jump Kick and Sky Uppercut have the same accuracy, silly. ;P

I dont think it was right to ban blaziken cuz his defense isnt so good i asked someone why he was banned it was a person that made a banned pokemon list i told him that he may be very powerful but if he goes against a psychic or water type pokemon that has more speed than him he is done for like sharpedo for example

adan15 said:
I don't think it was right to ban blaziken cuz his defense isnt so good i asked someone why he was banned it was a person that made a banned pokemon list i told him that he may be very powerful but if he goes against a psychic or water type pokemon that has more speed than him he is done for like sharpedo for example
*removed*Please be more respectful.~de
Dude, your argument does not make sense. Neither does your writing. Blaziken can Swords Dance on a forced switch, and wreck face. Azumarill was one of few things that can viably revenge it with STAB CB Aqua Jet, but it couldn't even switch in safely. I never had too much trouble with Blaziken, but the staff at Smogon is more knowledgable than most people who play the game, and I have absolute faith in their decision.

dude calm down no need to tell me to "stfu" and it it MY opinion NOT YOURS you cant control what other people think your worse than the other guy who argued about this to me

adan15, please learn exactly what Blaziken can do before you post. I don't even think you realize what a 'counter' (something Blaziken doesn't have.) and a 'revenge killer' is.

If you're going to bother posting on why Blaziken should/shouldn't be banned, please do your research first and actually know what you're talking about. That's like going to a science convention and having no idea what you're going to say/present and have not bothered to even research. It just makes you look silly. Also, try to use decent grammar, because I'm really having a hard time reading your post.

Also, 6-D was right. Stop trying to cram your horribly supported opinions down our throat. They don't make sense and just looks silly. ;P

My writing what the heck you dont seem bright cuz im using a computer not paper so i would be typing

ok whatever although i do know what im talking about you people need to just go to a different thread and argue with me i apologize for having an opinion maybe next time i will try not to have an opinion

you have no idea what an opinion is do you because an opinion does not need to be supported a fact needs to be supported somebody could say the sky was green without supporting that opinion would make it an opinion so you should learn what an opinion is before trying to shove that down my throat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back