Banning Blaziken... Was it really the best choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
SuperSeaking said:
^^ Okay then. And I agree, this thing is no way in heck outclassed by Infernape.

^ I see.

What if the Quagsire was holding that berry that weakens Super-effective Grass attacks?

Life Orb MixKen's HP Grass:
60 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 196 Speed Mild Blaziken vs Careful 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def Quagsire w/ Rindo Berry: 45.7% - 54.3%

then use HJK (or if Quag switches in on HJK):
60 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 196 Speed Mild Blaziken vs Careful 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def Quagsire w/ Rindo Berry: 64.7% - 76.4%

if it switches in on Fire Blast:
60 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 196 Speed Mild Blaziken vs Careful 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def Quagsire w/ Rindo Berry: 29.7% - 35%

The idea of running Quagsire with a Rindo Berry just as a Blaziken counter is kinda pointless. Quagsire is in no way a Blaziken counter.

PDC

The PDC Show comes to an abrupt end...
Its amazing how all these people are just voicing their already argued before "opinions". They have no competitive battling exsperience whatsoever. Learn something before you post again. He is banned. Deal with it. Also, if you have alot of competitive battling exsperience, how could you not know if it was aloud in UU when it is banned? Exactly. Please, this has been settled. Stop argueing. You need to face the facts. Me, SD, and TDL know what we're talking about. We've proved your points wrong. While you can't prove ours wrong.

pokemeister899

VM if you want to play ACNL with me!
Now, banning speed boost Blaziken, I can understand. But banning the entire Pokemon? No. Thats just wrong.(and hey, people who dont want Blaziken banned, how about a loophole, use speed boost combusken :D)

PDC

Ok lets ban Rayquaza if we ban all moves more than 80 base power and Swords Dance for it. Sound like a good idea?

Speed Boost wan't just banned, Blaziken as a whole was.

pokemeister899

And Blaziken as a whole should not be banned. Without SB, where would Blaziken be? Not in uber, anyway.

PDC

Blaze Blaziken is banned because Blaziken as a whole is banned, not just SB. All aspects of a Pokemon are considered when talking about bans. Saying Blaziken should be legal with Blaze is like saying Kyogre should be legal with no moves with more than 80 base power or Calm Mind. It would set a dangerous precedent of tweaking a Pokemon to ridiculous measures (such as the Kyogre example I just gave) in order for them to stay OU.

People who are clamoring for Blaze Blaziken to be legal are just butthurt that a starter got banished to ubers, because that is TOTALLY INCONCEIVABLE. ALL STARTERS HAVE TO BE IN UU, THAT'S JUST HOW IT WORKS.

PMJ explained it as it is.

OshawottFan

I got more Oshawotts then YOU (203)
palkia dialga clash said:
Its amazing how all these people are just voicing their already argued before "opinions". They have no competitive battling exsperience whatsoever. Learn something before you post again. He is banned. Deal with it. Also, if you have alot of competitive battling exsperience, how could you not know if it was aloud in UU when it is banned? Exactly. Please, this has been settled. Stop argueing. You need to face the facts. Me, SD, and TDL know what we're talking about. We've proved your points wrong. While you can't prove ours wrong.

Hey I never claimed I had experience :( I claim the exact opposite >_> I don't have any experience at all when it comes to Competitive battling :(
Don't crack down on people like that it is really mean and rude :( I am not flaming I am just saying you shouldn't get worked up about something like this >_<

pokemeister899

And if Blaziken is banned now, why wasnt it banned it the 4th gen? 3rd gen? If Blaziken wasn't banned in previous gens, it shouldnt be in this one.

PG24

Advanced Member
pokemaister899 said:
And Blaziken as a whole should not be bad. Without SB, where would Blaziken be? Not in uber, anyway.

Did you not read PDC's post? Blaziken is banned as a whole. His example was allowing Rayquaza/Kyogre to be OU, but limiting it to using moves equal to or less than 80 BP. Putting special clauses on Pokemon just to make them OU makes everything look complex and confusing. Plus, Smogon already stated they're not going to do complex bans. Drop your case. Blaziken is banned as a whole.

Edit; Blaziken didn't have Speed Boost in previous generations. Please do your research and actually know what you're talking about, PM899.

pokemeister899

I know what I'm talking about, TDL. I knew Blaziken didnt have SB in previous gens. I think you didnt understand me.

Let me recap,

Blaziken with SB should be banned.

Blaziken with Blaze should not.

Since Blaziken with Blaze wasnt banned in previous gens, Blaziken with Blaze shouldnt in this one.

SuperSeaking

King of the sea
Sigh...

This is stupid. Can we please quit arguing about this? I agree, Blaze Blaziken should not be banned, but saying that dosnt seem to be having an effect.

PDC

Did you NOT read my post? SB is an aspect of Blaziken. So we ban that too. We can't customize Pokemon so they can be usable in OU.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Also, I'd like to mention that High Jump Kick did not have as high of Base Power the last generation. Also, as a master at the Ubers tier, I could say with confidence Blaziken can still fight competitively in it. Keep in mind that it doesn't matter how well a Pokemon can perform in Ubers to say if it should be banned in OU. Even though I haven't used it, I have enough experience playing Ubers in both fourth and fifth generation to be able to use theory on how it would perform.

adan15

Shiny Hunter
Guys stop trying if you want it to be explained better why sb blaziken should not be banned ask dragon master he will explain it better i also though he shouldnt be banned but now i understand why he is so just ask him but i still do disagree a little but but what he will tell you makes sense or i will tell you what he told me

Normally Blaziken will use Swords Dance as its first move. This gets its Attack to around 700. Unless the opponent knocks it out with just one attack, between turns, Blaziken's Speed will rise due to its ability, Speed Boost. After the Speed Boost, Blaziken will be able to move before nearly any Pokemon that doesn't have Choice Scarf as an item. Moves that have a positive priority such as Aqua Jet, will go first, regardless of Speed. Blaziken is then able to KO many Pokemon in just one attack. Flare Blitz can obliderate nearly anything that doesn't resist it. High Jump Kick has a base power of 130 before the STAB multiplier applies. When you consider also that Life Orb multiplies the damage you do by 1.3, it is able to even two hit KO the most defensive Pokemon.

BreadFat

Steadfast
pokemaister899 said:
I know what I'm talking about, TDL. I knew Blaziken didnt have SB in previous gens. I think you didnt understand me.

Let me recap,

Blaziken with SB should be banned.

Blaziken with Blaze should not.

Since Blaziken with Blaze wasnt banned in previous gens, Blaziken with Blaze shouldnt in this one.

So because a Pokemon wasn't banned one generation, they shouldn't be banned in another? That makes no sense. Pokemon's banning will change due to the current metagame. Sure, Blaziken wasn't banned previous generations. However, this isn't 4th or 3rd gen anymore. This is 5th gen, so things have changed. Tyranitar was much more effective in 2nd gen, but since then he's changed a bit. Now there's actually many counters to him and he can be taken a lot easier as a whole. Garchomp was banned 4th gen, but not this gen. Why? A change of metagame. Garchomp in this metagame is now easier to counter. He's not really a huge threat such as last generation. Since Garchomp was banned last gen does that mean he should be banned this gen? Certainly not. Garchomp does not by any means overcentralize the current meta, and isn't having such a large impact as the 4th gen. He also has some tough competition and is easier to take care of. Pokemon will change tiers throughout generations. It just so happens Blaziken is banned, and we can't make all these weird modifications to allow him in OU.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Blaziken is gone and he's never coming back (until he does).

deal-%28n1293937027090%29.png

akolad

Aspiring Trainer
people blaziken shouldnt be an Uber as for the first couple of turns its speed isnt as high as some pokemon eg electrode surely in the time it takes to build its speed up to an uber like state you can take advantage of its low def/sp def and Stolen it with maybe an psychic attack like i dunno, erm psychic:cool: also as it was mentioned if it goes first it can do loads of damage but its similar to moxie in the fact that the longer the heathen lives the harder the battle and you could always stick a quickclaw on your water type

so i strongly disagree to the banning/promotion of blaziken

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
akolad said:
people blaziken shouldnt be an Uber as for the first couple of turns its speed isnt as high as some pokemon eg electrode surely in the time it takes to build its speed up to an uber like state you can take advantage of its low def/sp def and Stolen it with maybe an psychic attack like i dunno, erm psychic:cool: also as it was mentioned if it goes first it can do loads of damage but its similar to moxie in the fact that the longer the heathen lives the harder the battle and you could always stick a quickclaw on your water type

so i strongly disagree to the banning/promotion of blaziken

Speed alone is not a factor for determining if a Pokemon is Uber. You have to look at its offensive stats, defensive ones if it is a wall and its movepool. Electrode has hardly any kind of offensive power.

Quick Claw is so lol. There is plenty of better items to be using.

PG24

Advanced Member
I'm just going to lock this. He's banned and there's no changing that.

Quick Claw LOL.

1uxm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.