Art Gallery Avatars and Art v.2. [Xerneas and Yveltal Avatars Added in Latest Post]

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Simisage, Simipour added.

Loving your art, as always, Xous! I plan to use a few of your full body pieces for fake cards, if you don't mind, since right now there are times when I can't draw them myself. Right now, it's Crobat (v1), Garchomp (v2), and Rhyperior (v1). These cards will be posted here and on deviantART. Thanks!

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Simisage, Simipour added.

Forgot to post this! xD Thanks to DNA for reminding me. Not too long ago I got around to finishing the Speed Dragon in my Attack / Defense / Speed Dragon Fakemon Trio. (I posted the other two a while ago, so if you don't remember them search the thread for "Impertogon" and "Palisaegon.") Here it is:

exsonigon_by_xous54-d4gl5a4.png

Exsonigon (Expeditious + Sonic + Dragon)
Speed Pokémon
DRAGON / NORMAL
Ability: Speed Boost
"This mythical Pokémon is the embodiment of speed. Its insane alacrity is said to near light speed at its peak."
Stats:
HP / ATK / DEF / S.ATK / S.DEF / SPEED
100 / 120 / 80 / 100 / 80 / 200

Moves:
- Quick Attack
- Quick Guard
8 Me First
17 Dragon Claw
24 Agility
31 Swift
38 Double Team
45 Dragon Dance
54 Extremespeed
63 Slash
72 Dragon Rush
81 Dragon Pulse
90 Hyper Beam
100 Burst Dash*

*Signature Move: Burst Dash (Physical)
Type: DRAGON /Power: 90 /Acc.: 100 /Effect %: 10
A move that strikes before all others. Has a chance to boost the user's Speed by one level.
---

The concept has been ready since Impertogon's and Palisaegon's concepts were ready, but the design is what took the most time. Countless designs were tossed before finally ending up with this one. From the beginning, I knew I wanted to base its design off of a real-life animal known for moving quickly, and immediately a roadrunner came to mind. The similarities between Exsonigon's design and a roadrunner are probably very evident (at least, I hope they are). I'm pleased with the end result.

I decided to go with Speed Boost for its ability to really solidify its place as the fastest Pokémon. It certainly doesn't need the extra Speed, but I just imagined Exsonigon gradually gaining speed as it neared the speed of light... And the choice was easy from there.

Its signature move, Burst Dash, does strike before every single other move in the game.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Exsonigon added.

So that means it would have a priority of +8, surpassing even Pursuit's possible +7.

I definitely like the concept behind it; a dragon that can achieve even the speed of light itself is something to be revered even among Pokemon. I noticed that and reflected it in the DNA-Dex entry that I made...with the tweak of him being able to do something that light cannot ;)

The fakemon looks amazing Xous!

I really do like the concept of the entire artwork. It would have been cool if this fakemon was presented in the Pokemon games. Can't wait to see more.

I just noticed.

The avatar version of Exsonigon is absent from the thread.

DNA said:
I just noticed.

The avatar version of Exsonigon is absent from the thread.

Yeah, I haven't made one yet. xD

I've still got to make avatars for the starters, too, but it's not exactly a priority at the moment.

I'll be using Deadkarp! Also to mention, I am no longer using Deoxys, Rayquaza, Haxorus, or Dusknoir, so those are up again (sorry to remind you)

Using second Reshiram avatar, thanks

Exsonigon is very nicely done. I love the name. The only problem I have with Exsonigon is its nose. That jagged line just looks kinda awkward, including the lines coming off of its eye. Very weird.

Using Terrakion & Rotom-Wash for a banner.

I'll be using the following art for Pokemon cards that will be posted on DeviantArt:
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv251/ThatMan54/GyaradosFinalXousB.png
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/Xous/KingdraFINALXous.png
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/montegobaymom/EmpoleonFinalXousB.png
Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been working on some other projects in the little free time I have, so I haven't had a chance to focus on my Sugimori art as much. I've got a new Kyurem to add to the thread when I get the chance to make an avatar for it and I'm working on something else that will hopefully help others out, so I should have more material to add to the thread within the next few days. I'll be taking two days off of work next week to catch up on artwork, as well.

In the meantime, if you'd like to see the Kyurem's full body art before I add it to the thread you can see it here.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Kyurem v.3, Pikachu v.3 added.

Added Kyurem v.3 and Pikachu v.3 to the thread.

I've got Monday and Tuesday off of work, so I should be able to get a few pieces done during those days.

Just wanted to say these are all fantastic.

I think somewhere in the tutorial you said something about a "Magic Want" tool. I don't know if that got fixed from before or what but I thought I should point it out.

Now watch as everyone tries to emulate you after having learned your secrets.

(I'm assuming you can do stuff like that on GIMP as well as Photoshop? It definitely seems like it...)

Could I ask something? I noticed a avatar that has your watermark and it isn't in the list. [member]Krucifier[/member] has a avatar of a pirate Mew. Are you still taking requests?

Back