Finished Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 2 - Spies Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 2 - Assassination Period

PMJ any suggestions? Teal or rev3rsor are my best bets.. Should we just make a guess or do you know stuff from mind-reading magic from all your WW experience?

This is, uh, dumb.
So after all that hard work, spies win... If they get lucky?
I guess it never occurred to me how they would kill Merlin, but still...

Keeper of Night said:
This is, uh, dumb.
So after all that hard work, spies win... If they get lucky?
I guess it never occurred to me how they would kill Merlin, but still...

/me shrugs. This is Avalon. Realistically it works better with 8 players, which is what I will aim for next game.

Alright I will crack. I did not get my role late. It was a ploy to get you to trust me so I could safley give my opinions. I hope to not have to use this tactic in future games. Yes I did set it all up with Celever. So I hope to see you next game.

Celever is this true?

Keeper of Night said:
If it is, that's even more direct-interference than anything else he did. -.-
Is it really now?

[15:28:37] Celever: what are your thoughts on the villagers left?
[15:28:42] Celever: in Avalon
[15:35:10] drohn91: regarding avalon, i dont know
[15:35:19] drohn91: rev3rsor or teal will probably get killed
[15:35:28] drohn91: it isnt kon or lugia i think
[15:38:50] Celever: back
[15:38:54] Celever: I will just say
[15:39:06] Celever: that you are taking a large assumption with KoN and Lugia
[15:39:09] Celever: Celever shrugs
[15:39:11] Celever: nothing more

Outside game-thread communication (Skype) and trying to influence our kill. I'm not sure who's side he's on in trying to get me to reconsider my votes, but either way, it seems like direct interference.

There's still a difference between that and plotting with a resistance member about keeping him clear.

PMJ said:
Celever is this true?

It's completely false lol. The only "plotting" I did was with rev - as he was going to be put on a team and he would also be leaving during that period, I would assume his vote as a success. I have no idea why Lugia lied about that but... I guess he did? If he wishes to contest this further I suggest he provide evidence, but I think he was just trying to trick you all or something.

Also Drohn I literally just said that to you for mind games ;). I wanted to see your reaction, as it still doesn't really influence your kill IMO.

Jesus, Celever, you can't do that. As a host it is not your job to play mind games with the players, because it most definitely influences his kill decision. How does he know how to interpret your words? If your goal with those statements is specifically to mess with his head, how is he supposed to make a clear and informed decision? Now every time he considers either of those two for Merlin, he's going to remember what you said and try to figure out what you meant by it.

The reason I wasn't as active in this game is because I feel the beginning was poorly executed. Keeper and Lugia were instantly cleared because Celever forgot to send out the Resistance members' role PMs in succession which ruined our chances of winning.

And then I don't even know what WW was trying to accomplish, that was like d1 Camoclone-level aggression times five.

Teal is Merlin. Since Keeper and Lugia are cleared because they got late role PMs, they are probably not Merlin (who requires a special role PM like the spies do). rev3rsor claimed normal resistance and I believe his claim. That leaves Teal as the only possibility.

Not to mention that Teal left Lugia out of his mission when Teal said Lugia was most likely cleared. Granted, it's natural to throw yourself on a successful mission and call it a day, but why would you put yourself with two unknowns, knowing that either of them could be a spy, when you've got a cleared townie? The only way a person could comfortably leave out an all-but-confirmed cleared townie is if he knew everyone else on the mission was town.

Slice him up, Drohn.

(disclaimer: if I'm wrong then lulz who cares we were gonna lose anyway)

Yeah, I'm Merlin, kill me please.

This is not even a mind game. I would have rejected this third mission to make it less obvious I am merlin because KoN was on it but you guys went through it so fast that I didn't even get a glimpse on it before it was through thanks to real life...

I agree with PMJ's post. Do I have to PM you or can I post it here? The vote goes to Teal.

Sorry PMJ! :( This game failed anyway thanks to host error (the idea was for regular resistance to not recieve a role PM because of the time limit, but I realised that I had never explicitly stated it. Rev and KoN assumed it, but Lugia didn't...)

But... You did kill the Merlin, so you won! ^_^ This period is usually much harder for the spies, but because I didn't put a statement into a post it was a coinflip which PMJ expertly figured out.

I'll do a post game and open sign ups for next game tomorrow, as I am on my iPad right now. It will be 8 players, I will have no communication with any participants during the game less it be to clear up queries or activity, and if you do not receive a role card you will be a vanilla resistance member. Putting it here so I can point to this post next time if I forget! I might also add a couple more roles... The Morgana and Percival, I think. I'll do some thinking to see how well they will work on a forum game. I'll also make it more true to the original and website version of the game, having votes inputted to me via PM (so approve or reject votes) as opposed to in-thread. I'll explain more about these changes in the next OP, but I feel it will make for a smoother game.

I apologise to everyone in this game who suffered from my host error and apparently un-neutral statements as a host (not sure how KoN read between the lines but he did...) but I will make next game completely error-proof, I promise!

No worries Celever. We just started playing this here on the forums so I don't think we should expect everything to go perfectly from the start. We're already learning how to make next games better so that's good! Definitely a good idea to not talk to the participants about the game (except clearing things up if needed).

Looking forward to watching/participating in the next game. :)

Just to clear up, the PM that I sent Celever when I would be away on the weekend was that if I got put into a team (while not being online), my "vote" would automatically be "success". This was suggested entirely by me, not Celever, though props to him for quoting my PM in the thread xD
Anyway yeah that was a good game, and I'll be playing again next time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back