Finished Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 2 - Spies Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
1) Players are put into 2 teams - spies and the resistance.

2) Players take turns choosing who should go on an "endeavour". The team who wins the most "endeavours" by the end of the game wins.

3) Every round a different number of users must embark on an endeavour. In a standard 6 player game the setup will be as follows:
2 Spies
4 Resistance
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 4 |
Each number represents the amount of users who must embark on the endeavour.

4) Players vote on a setup they like. So, in a game of Bob, Steve, Julie, Dayton, Isabelle and Inca, one round would play like this:
1] Bob suggests for Bob and Dayton to go on the endeavour.
2] Bob votes "yes", while Steve, Julie, Dayton, Isabelle and Inca all vote "no". Bob and Dayton do not embark, and now Steve chooses a team.
3] Steve suggests for Steve and Inca to go on the endeavour.
4] Bob and Isabelle vote "no", while Steve, Julie, Dayton and Inca all vote "yes".
5] Steve and Inca vote either "success" or "fail". For the mission to succeed, all players must vote for "success". For the mission to fail, only one player has to vote "fail".

5) A successful mission gives the resistance that round, a failed mission gives it to the spies. The team which gets to 3 rounds in their favour wins the whole game, and we start again.

6) There are also some roles, which I will introduce should Pokebeach get a good grasp on this game.

7) Just to confirm, the maximum isn't 6 players. Realistically 10 would be the absolute maximum, and a favourable number would be 8. Essentially, it is anywhere from 6-10 players.

8) All speech etc. MUST be stated in-thread. This means absolutely no PMing each other about this game. In other words, this is NOC.

So this game is Avalon? What makes it different?
Well, there is a total of 6 players this time, and there are 4 resistance and 2 spies. However, on the resistance, randomly assigned, there will be a merlin, and on the spies an assassin.

The Merlin is resistance-affiliated and knows who the spies are from the start. Wow! That's over-powered, right? Well, he's also a bit of a feeble old fellow. You see, even if the resistance "win" (as in, get more successful endeavours than failed ones) they can still lose if the spies successfully target and assassinate the Merlin with their assassin role.

REMEMBER: THIS GAME IS NOC. NO TALKING TO ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD, MERLIN. DOING SO WILL BLACKLIST YOU FROM ANY FURTHER GAMES HOSTED BY ME ON THESE FORUMS! I CAN ASK A MODERATOR TO CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES AFTER THE GAME ENDS!

Sorry, just a disclaimer :x

Sign-Ups:
1) Porygon-X rev3rsor
2) Keeper of Night
3) Lugia123
4) WanderingWolf
5) PMJ
6) Teal

Order of play:
1) Keeper of Night
2) Teal
3) WanderingWolf
4) Lugia123
5) rev3rsor
6) PMJ

First come, First serve. It's handy to have people with the same time zone as me, at least for the first game. Next game I might experiment with the deadline to give more people a chance to play.

RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 2 - 4 PLACES LEFT!!!

in if there's room

So, no Percival, Morgana, Oberon, Mordred, Lady of the Lake? K.

1 spot left, I guess.

In...

I am going to post some strategies now before this starts so I can say it with a clear name: Spies:

Team selection: only include one spy so that the resistance has a harder time narrowing it down.
Succeed/fail: if there are enough other people on the mission who the resistance thinks might be spies and at least a 3/4(or half for smaller missions) of what the resistance thinks is spies is incorrect fail it. If the above conditions are not met and the resistance is not certain to win if they win the mission, succeed it.
In general: play it like a game of werewolf with spies being wolves, and resistance as town, with town trying to scum hunt. Never played werewolf so no further tips from me on this.
Assassin: look closely and check who is posting the most accurate guesses as to who is a spy. Unless a obvious lead is present, target that person.

Resistance:

Team selection: pick the most confirmed/suspected resistance members as possible.
Succeed/fail: Succeed. Period.
In general: spy hunt.
Merlon: avoid discovery and avoid triggering the assassins conditions for a selection, so possibly throw in some red herrings if you must say spy names.

I have not played werewolf or resistance before so these are just what I think might work. Good luck!

Also, just a few tips for both the host, spies, and resistance:

Host:

- Have a hammer. Basically, if we reject the mission five times, the spies automatically win. So, if myself, PMJ, Drac and TheGuy all put up a mission and get rejected, then we must accept MTC's mission otherwise the spies instantly win. Thats just an example.

- Have a better ratio of spies to resistance. 4 and 6 with a mission requiring six players isn't good. Either have 3 and 6 as the ratio, or have the following mission numbers:
3:4:4;5*:5

- That asterisk. It means that that mission needs two spies to fail it. Otherwise, the mission succeeds. It helps resistance, and balances the game.

- Have an organised Google document. Please. Makes the game so much easier when you know what you're doing with the information.

Resistance:

- The best tactic for the first two missions is this:
**For a mission consisting of two: choose yourself, and the person after the next leader. Approve (its early game, just approve the damn thing), and continue to mission 2. For mission 2, the next leader should choose himself and and the two people from mission 1. Best case scenario: it succeeds and you've found 3 resistance. Worst case scenario: It fails, and you have a normal game of resistance.

**For a mission consisting of three: Choose yourself, the person after the next leader, and then the next person. Same process.

All round, that tactic will come out with one of four possibilities:
- You found three/four resistance
- You got one fail. Normal game of The Resistance
- You got two fails. The 3rd best possibility.
- You get three fails. Instantly win for resistance. The best one.

- Know your players. If someone is using a different playstyle to before, something is different. Most likely their role. If they were quiet and shy before, and now they're loud and aggressive, something has changed.

- Got nothing else for you lol. If there's 7 or more players, claim Percival in Avalon theme. helps the game a lot.

Spies:

The most important one for communication:
- If a spy is on Mission1, and it succeeds, then you (a spy) and that other spy are on mission2, you (the new guy) MUST MUST MUST fail it. The other guy MUST MUST MUST succeed it. Otherwise, no communication happens and you could succeed/double fail it.

Unless of course you guys have like code going on there or something. But, the above works without letting anyone on.

- Be Resistance. Here's an example: If you're on M1, with one other person, and you fail the mission. You now have to KNOW that the other person is spy. Because otherwise, you've just resigned.
Every mission suggest that that person is on, reject it. Object to a mission with that person on it, just don't reject in a hammer. Then people know you're spy.

- Hit hard and fast. Simple. If you get the first two missions failed, then the resistance is up against the wall. They literally have to get it perfect if they want to win. And that's hard to do with 7+ people, 3 of which are spies.

Also, to everyone, lie and deceive. Especially in Avalon. If you're Merlin, act like you don't know who the spies are. Put them on missions, say a different person is spy. Don't let them catch you. If you're Mordred, claim Percival. No one will know you're lying but Percival himself. If you're Oberon, use the logic above. If you're Percival, don't claim Percival UNTIL YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO.

Since we have 6 people, the 1st leader, I suggest using the strategy above, or I will call you out as spy. Yourself, and the person after the next leader always has a 1/5 chance of instantly winning for the resistance with 5 people, and an even higher chance with 6 people.

I'll start this in about 12 hours... Which is when I'm getting back from school. It just makes sense to do it that way... Because I don't have a computer atm lol.

Celever said:
I'll start this in about 12 hours... Which is when I'm getting back from school. It just makes sense to do it that way... Because I don't have a computer atm lol.

> Doesn't have a computer
> Is posting something on the internet

try and find my snide comments here PG24. Mwahahaha

WanderingWolf said:
Celever said:

> Probably has a phone.

Keeper of Night said:
WanderingWolf said:

> Probably has a phone.

> Then he'd use that phone to just post any random order of 6 people and ask for a team of 2.

WanderingWolf said:
Keeper of Night said:
> Probably has a phone.

> Then he'd use that phone to just post any random order of 6 people and ask for a team of 2.

I prefer using RANDOM.org though, because you are subconsciously biased no matter what...

Nvm. Rushed ahead without even realising we still don't have roles :p

OK the roles have been sent out, you guys can start now! ^_^

Keeper of Night, please submit a team of 2!

I just realized that I haven't posted the numbers yet. It goes like this:

| 2 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 4 |

Does this look OK James? You seem to know more about this game than I do lol!

Celever said:
OK the roles have been sent out, you guys can start now! ^_^

Keeper of Night, please submit a team of 2!

I just realized that I haven't posted the numbers yet. It goes like this:

| 2 | 3 | 4*| 3 | 4|

Does this look OK James? You seem to know more about this game than I do lol!

No, no hammer with 2 spies lol. Waaaaaay to difficult, because it pretty much means an instant point to resistance. 2,3,4,3,4 is good.

Keeper, me and you as a team. The tactic I posted earlier has no cons to it. If a spy was to fail m1, even better, worst case scenario is that we get 1 fail on m2.

RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 2 - Round 1

Man, I gotta go last this time? I'm never gonna get to pick a team :[

RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 2 - Round 1

PMJ said:
Man, I gotta go last this time? I'm never gonna get to pick a team :[

I intend to engrave it in people's minds that after the first two missions, the resistance MUST NOT allow the first mission to go through like ever, unless it's the perfect team. So, no, you will. Probably like multiple times, since a hammer doesn't exist right now.

Also, Celever, I'll make the googledoc for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back