August's English XY Set: 'Furious Fist' [5/3]

Can't believe the new expansion has already been announced, since I'm still waiting for my FlashFire goodies to arrive. Looking forward to both expansions though. :D

In the past when a set has been released right before a tournament it hasn't been legal. I highly doubt Furious Fist will be legal for worlds.

GadgetJax said:
tigre said:
Really hoping they do more than 2 Megas in this set since we get the two Charizards in Flash Fire. My prediction is:

M. Lucario
M. Aerodactyl (Since other fossils will likely be in this set)
M. Garchomp (Because of the Garchomp Ex which recently came out)

I think Aerodactyl in 'Furious Fist' is a big probability, but they're most likely going to go with a Mega that is a different type than any Mega Pokemon so far, so no Water, Grass, Fire, Dragon, or Fighting, most likely. I don't think there will be more than 2 Mega's per set, because the only reason for 2 Charizards was because it would be too expensive to split them up into 2 sets. Mega Ampharos and Mega Abomasnow would be sweet, by the way.

Yeah but they have 30 Mega Pokemon to cover in ~10 sets is average life span for a Generation. Surely they bump it to 3. Otherwise they would have to start releasing some as promos.

Ignoring the five megas we have, and including the idea of Mega Latias and Mega Latios, they could cover all of the megas in eight sets if they stick to three megas apiece. This assumes one of each typing despite some of them being capable of having two elemental versions (ie Mega Ampharos only getting Electric or Dragon, not both. Or Mega Mewtwo X only getting Psychic or Fighting, not both).

Also, there are only thirteen Kalos Pokemon unrepresented in the card game. I expect that to be rectified in August. This also does not include alternate typings (like the Dark Greninja we know exists, Fighting Chestnaught and Psychic Delphox to follow I'm sure).

Since I assume Tyrunt-Tyrantrum and Amaura-Amaros will be in that set, I wouldn't be surprised to see Aerodactyl EX and Mega Aerodactyl EX in that set. I also assume we'll see Zygarde EX. We of course already all but know we'll see Lucario EX and Mega Lucario EX.

I'd be willing to the following set will revolved around Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y. I wonder though if they'll bother with making another Mewtwo EX.

So far XY and FF Megas have been linked to their set name.
It would be too obvious if pokemon made just Mega Venasaur and Blastoise for XY then made only Charizard for FF, so they had to make a 3rd mega.
I think the next sets will be more like the Legends sets, which had 2 legends, then 3, then back to 2. As most people don't use the mechanic already pokemon wouldn't want to cloud the meta with a bunch of turn-wasting megas. But as this set has so much hype I think that TCPI may go with 3 megas just for this set.
I also think that Delphox EX, Greninja EX, and Chestnaut EX will NOT play a role in this set. While they have been out for a while in Japan, it seems like the set Furious Fist doesn't fit the trio's role. Maybe if the set after was Mewtwo EX (perfect for a reprint anyways as it wasn't in LT) they would be a better role.
One other assumption is that Mega Garchomp will be released in this set, but I doubt that. Why would they release the Garchomp Box for XY then? The charizard box fits in well with FF, so I doubt it will get a print. If anything, it will get another box for it OR it could even be the 2014 WORLDS PROMO (so mysterious...)???
1 Super Random Mega not at all related to the set (Kangashkan): Aggron EX +FA -> M Aggron EX (based off the old ex one)
1 Possible makes-sense EX: Hawlucha EX +FA
1 Random someone-just-picked-this-out-of-a-hat EX: Kingdra EX +FA (based off of the old ex one)

Elbow said:
It would be too obvious if pokemon made just Mega Venasaur and Blastoise for XY then made only Charizard for FF, so they had to make a 3rd mega.
I think the next sets will be more like the Legends sets, which had 2 legends, then 3, then back to 2. As most people don't use the mechanic already pokemon wouldn't want to cloud the meta with a bunch of turn-wasting megas. But as this set has so much hype I think that TCPI may go with 3 megas just for this set.
I also think that Delphox EX, Greninja EX, and Chestnaut EX will NOT play a role in this set. While they have been out for a while in Japan, it seems like the set Furious Fist doesn't fit the trio's role. Maybe if the set after was Mewtwo EX (perfect for a reprint anyways as it wasn't in LT) they would be a better role.
One other assumption is that Mega Garchomp will be released in this set, but I doubt that. Why would they release the Garchomp Box for XY then? The charizard box fits in well with FF, so I doubt it will get a print. If anything, it will get another box for it OR it could even be the 2014 WORLDS PROMO (so mysterious...)???
1 Super Random Mega not at all related to the set (Kangashkan): Aggron EX +FA -> M Aggron EX (based off the old ex one)
1 Random someone-just-picked-this-out-of-a-hat EX: Kingdra EX +FA (based off of the old ex one)

Kingdra... life has meaning now... thank you... Kingdra needs a Mega Evolution...

Elbow said:

The Kalos Starter EX's are going to be tin promos.

Luispipe8 said:
Elbow said:

The Kalos Starter EX's are going to be tin promos.

Exactly what I figured. Not in the set but tin promos.

Kingdra might be interesting. I sometimes wonder how they decide what becomes an EX. I mean, Skarmory? Emolga?

Greninja EX, Chestnaught EX and Delphox EX aren't a factor, they're getting tin releases sometime in June. I was referring to this one http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Greninja_(XY-P_Promo) and with this one would come the alternate type versions of the other two starters, not the EX versions.

Pikachu6319 said:
Kingdra might be interesting. I sometimes wonder how they decide what becomes an EX. I mean, Skarmory? Emolga?

Greninja EX, Chestnaught EX and Delphox EX aren't a factor, they're getting tin releases sometime in June. I was referring to this one http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Greninja_(XY-P_Promo) and with this one would come the alternate type versions of the other two starters, not the EX versions.

Skarmory was also an older ex.

I remember. In a way it seems a waste to make older Pokemon new EX versions (barring those who need it for Mega Evolution) when there are other options who never got it before or didn't exist at that point in time. As I said, I often wonder about the thought process that goes into the decision on which Pokemon gets and EX and which doesn't. How about a Bellossom EX? A Jumpluff EX? A Tentacruel EX? A Simisear EX? A Xatu EX? You get the idea.

I want some sort of energy acceleration for fighting type pokemon so they will be more playable. I would like to see the hitmons again either as EX pokemon or just playable fighting pokemon.

Perhaps Mega Mawile will be in Furious Fist , unless they do a Fairy focused set but I'm assuming Mega Gardevoir would likely be the one headlining that one. Mega Kanga kind of felt thrown in Flashfire randomly so the Mega accompanying Lucario really could be any of them.

There are alot of megas that I want to see printed as cards as well. I have always been found of psycic and fighting pokemon so this could be a great set for me.

I really hope they make Machamp an EX since I think a Machamp FA would look amazing. As far as mega's go I think either Aerodactly, Aggron, Medicham or maybe even Manetric would fit really well in this set.

I think the megas will either be Lucarrio Aerodactyl and somethin random, or they will be lucario and both mewtwos.

I'd be willing to bet the Mewtwo's get featured in their own expansions. Some Megas, despite my earlier statement, I would love to see get one for each of their type. That includes Mega Gardevoir (Psychic and Fairy) Mega Ampharos (Electric and Dragon) Mega Gyarados (Water and Dark) and Mega Blaziken (Fire and Fighting). I'd like to see psychic versions of Latios and Latias, regular fairy versions of the Gardevoir line and a Sylveon EX as well.

Pikachu6319 said:
I'd be willing to bet the Mewtwo's get featured in their own expansions. Some Megas, despite my earlier statement, I would love to see get one for each of their type. That includes Mega Gardevoir (Psychic and Fairy) Mega Ampharos (Electric and Dragon) Mega Gyarados (Water and Dark) and Mega Blaziken (Fire and Fighting). I'd like to see psychic versions of Latios and Latias, regular fairy versions of the Gardevoir line and a Sylveon EX as well.

I totally forgot that they made the Charizard Megas different types (Fire & Dragon). I guess it is more than likely the same will be done with Mewtwo though its kind of odd seeing Mewtwo being a fighting type.

I'm thinking they will do their primary type for the double typed megas. I want to see Mega Gardevoir as a fairy type though, not psychic.

The only reason I think they might do Mega Gardevoir as either a fairy type or both is that the only two megas the fairy have are this one and Mawile. I bet they want at least one for each type before all is said and done. And again, they could do both. I too imagine Mega Mewtwo X being a fighting type rather than Psychic, leaving that one for Mega Mewtwo Y, Only Mega Charizard X is Fire/Dragon, Mega Charizard Y is Fire/Flying and they rarely touch second typing when one of those could be colorless.

What might be cool, at least to me, is to have Furious Fist give us fighting type versions of Virizion, Cobalion, and Keldeo. It would be the 'theme' set for it.

Pikachu6319 said:
The only reason I think they might do Mega Gardevoir as either a fairy type or both is that the only two megas the fairy have are this one and Mawile. I bet they want at least one for each type before all is said and done. And again, they could do both. I too imagine Mega Mewtwo X being a fighting type rather than Psychic, leaving that one for Mega Mewtwo Y, Only Mega Charizard X is Fire/Dragon, Mega Charizard Y is Fire/Flying and they rarely touch second typing when one of those could be colorless.

What might be cool, at least to me, is to have Furious Fist give us fighting type versions of Virizion, Cobalion, and Keldeo. It would be the 'theme' set for it.

I'd hope so because all the types would be represented. I'm really interested in how they go about that because I'd rather see a Darkness typed Tyranitar than the Fighting. I really like the route they have been going with having the EXs (aside from Xerneas & Yveltal) be non-legendaries even though some don't make entirely too much sense (I'm looking at you, Emolga).

I was waiting for the fighting type cards for those four and was totally disappointed with how we kept getting their primary type. Though, from what I've seen from the XY and Flashfire sets, it looks like they're veering away from the legendaries and more so focusing on the rest of the Pokemon. I would love to see the four muskateers in this set but it doesn't seem all that likely. But I can be wrong as Landorus was shown on the box art for the set when it was announced as random as it was.

Back