August's English XY Set: 'Furious Fist' [5/3]

Really, I'd rather see a Fighting type Tyranitar than a Dark one. Except for Dark Tyranitar in Neo Destiny we've always gotten Dark type Tyranitars. Let's see something different for a change. Again, refer to above for odd EX choices, like said Emolga.

Well in truth the way the card game works, we have gotten Fighting type Terrakion, since rock and fighting are the same in the card game. Still if something like fighting versions were done for the other three it would make sense for a new Terrakion. They don't even have to be EX versions, I just want them represented this way. It could also happen later on, as I said there are only 13 Pokemon not represented in any way in the ccg, and that should change in this set. Not including alternate types, which the musketeer Pokemon count as aside from Terrakion.

There's only nine Pokemon that don't have cards yet, but Hawlucha-EX and a Tyrunt promo are already confirmed, which all but guarantees that Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt and Tyrantrum and their Fossils will be in the next Japanese set. That just leaves Clawitzer, Klefki and Zygarde until Diancie and the others come along.

Pikachu6319 said:
I remember. In a way it seems a waste to make older Pokemon new EX versions (barring those who need it for Mega Evolution) when there are other options who never got it before or didn't exist at that point in time. As I said, I often wonder about the thought process that goes into the decision on which Pokemon gets and EX and which doesn't. How about a Bellossom EX? A Jumpluff EX? A Tentacruel EX? A Simisear EX? A Xatu EX? You get the idea.

It does seem quite random doesn't it.

Magnezone, Skarmory (who I both like, and Emolga, Toxicroak seem like they were drawn from a hat.

Funny you say Xatu, that would make an awesome Ex. To be honest, I can think of 100 pokemon that would make awesome Ex/FA cards. All I want is a Nidoking, Scolepede, Golurk, or Machamp EX.

I kind of like the Toxicroak one, it was more needed than Skarmory in my opinion. I think they shouldn't do EX versions for Pokemon that already have had one (or more) done for them in the past unless it's needed for some reason (ie Mega evolution),

Again I throw my hat in the ring for a Sylveon EX. Also a Dugtrio EX. I've always liked Rapidash, too bad a EX version wasn't in Flash Fire.

A fighting Poliwrath EX would be great for Furious Fist.

Pikachu6319 said:
I kind of like the Toxicroak one, it was more needed than Skarmory in my opinion. I think they shouldn't do EX versions for Pokemon that already have had one (or more) done for them in the past unless it's needed for some reason (ie Mega evolution),

Again I throw my hat in the ring for a Sylveon EX. Also a Dugtrio EX. I've always liked Rapidash, too bad a EX version wasn't in Flash Fire.

A fighting Poliwrath EX would be great for Furious Fist.

I didn't mind Skarmory because the full art was fantastic. Seriously one of my favorite cards in my collection.

Pikachu6319 said:
The only reason I think they might do Mega Gardevoir as either a fairy type or both is that the only two megas the fairy have are this one and Mawile. I bet they want at least one for each type before all is said and done. And again, they could do both. I too imagine Mega Mewtwo X being a fighting type rather than Psychic, leaving that one for Mega Mewtwo Y, Only Mega Charizard X is Fire/Dragon, Mega Charizard Y is Fire/Flying and they rarely touch second typing when one of those could be colorless.

What might be cool, at least to me, is to have Furious Fist give us fighting type versions of Virizion, Cobalion, and Keldeo. It would be the 'theme' set for it.

I believe that M. Gardevoir will be a fairy type, but require Psychic energy, similar to Plasma Blast Abomasnow. If there's going to be any Psychic-Focused M. Pokemon, It's probably going to be Alakazam.

It's kind of funny to me. We could be looking at a set with a huge Gardevoir presence. One Gardevoir (along with Ralts and Kirlia) that are fairy types. One Gardevoir EX and one M. Gardevoir EX. Assuming we don't get a psychic side as well.

Back