August's English XY Set: 'Furious Fist' [5/3]

Before Worlds. That's interesting. Has that happened before? It'd be real cool if it was legal though. Last minute testing at its finest!

Cool Name for the set :) be nice if theyed bring back the Shiny Pokemon for this set a shiny hawlucha (sp?) As a Full art card would be awesome :)

Everyone misses the UR Shiny Pokémon. :/

I would prefer a shiny UR rather than a M-Ex with gold borders. And a new ACE SPEC. (I hope they will still do them)

If the release date is true, Prereleases would probably see a huge jump in attendance.

Eron said:
Everyone misses the UR Shiny Pokémon. :/

I would prefer a shiny UR rather than a M-Ex with gold borders. And a new ACE SPEC. (I hope they will still do them)

I agree with both of those things. Shiny UR's were the best. Ace Specs were also super helpful, they created a new kind of gameplay.

That will not be like It is posted, ECC (European Challenge Cup) was two 10 days after XY came out and we didn't use it. First is unfair and second some players will not have time or money to get those cards.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first time Tropical Beach was distributed, wasn't that 1 day before Worlds and still legal? I think the winner ended up using that card in their deck?

Wonder what the second M. Evolution of this set's going to be. If we find out that it's Scizor than this is going to be favorite set in a long time. Gotta love that Scizor.

Yes but every player received those Tropical Beach, is not even the same since we even don't know what cards that set will have and we don't know the impact and If some will get hype is the unfair no? and only USA and Singapure have pre-realese before the day, Europeans have it after.

I think it should be legal, if they were concerned with making it so everyone had a fair chance to aqcuire top tier cards then they would have banned beaches all these times

NIRVANA said:
Yes but every player received those Tropical Beach, is not even the same since we even don't know what cards that set will have and we don't know the impact and If some will get hype is the unfair no? and only USA and Singapure have pre-realese before the day, Europeans have it after.

A prerelase... after release... XDDDDDDD Wouldn't that be a Post-release, or something like that? XD But anyways, I believe they should be legal, because, even though the set will release shortly before, people who get the cards won't have fine-tuned strategies, or at least not enough to pull a Worlds-winning deck.

Really hoping they do more than 2 Megas in this set since we get the two Charizards in Flash Fire. My prediction is:

M. Lucario
M. Aerodactyl (Since other fossils will likely be in this set)
M. Garchomp (Because of the Garchomp Ex which recently came out)

tigre said:
Really hoping they do more than 2 Megas in this set since we get the two Charizards in Flash Fire. My prediction is:

M. Lucario

I think Garchomp will get its own set. That Garchomp EX which came in the box was just a promo released when XY came out in Japan. Just like Charizard EX, which was a promo which came with a magazine. I think they'd rather put something like M Heracross in the set.

They'll probably throw in the Hawlucha EX too, it's released in a special box/pack along with a few packs of Rising Fist.

Woooooo now we've got 2 sets that are FF. What do we do now with the naming? FRF? FFS?

My predictions for the Megas are

M Lucario EX(obviously :p)
M Scizor EX
M Heracross EX

They all resemble the aura of Fighting. Also I wouldn't expect this to be legal for Worlds since in every season, it introuduces 4 new sets to the format.

Luispipe8 said:
NIRVANA said:

A prerelase... after release... XDDDDDDD Wouldn't that be a Post-release, or something like that?

Here in Norway we call it ''-Set Name: Celebration'' and we usually have it 1 or 2 month after release in USA

on-t: I am excited for this set, maybe fighting type will be playable again

tigre said:

M. Lucario

I think Aerodactyl in 'Furious Fist' is a big probability, but they're most likely going to go with a Mega that is a different type than any Mega Pokemon so far, so no Water, Grass, Fire, Dragon, or Fighting, most likely. I don't think there will be more than 2 Mega's per set, because the only reason for 2 Charizards was because it would be too expensive to split them up into 2 sets. Mega Ampharos and Mega Abomasnow would be sweet, by the way.

Luispipe8 said:
NIRVANA said:

A prerelase... after release... XDDDDDDD Wouldn't that be a Post-release, or something like that? XD But anyways, I believe they should be legal, because, even though the set will release shortly before, people who get the cards won't have fine-tuned strategies, or at least not enough to pull a Worlds-winning deck.

That means the guys from Japan will win this year beacuse they have 2 months to figure those things and even we can spy them but we can´t catche every deck crazy they build and I spy them lol yes post-realese, but anyways I think is unfair anyways.

Back