News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't even cleaned up my current anticipation drool for the G.R. set yet and they're already throwing the 3rd set at me?! How do I just direct deposit my paychecks directly to TPCi already?

Last edited:

Dino

Aspiring Trainer
Do we really need another Charizard ultra rare? We had ten, not counting the promos in the last block.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Do we know of any FA Supporters other than Olivia and Acerola? I assume "Minions of Team Skull" means that we'll be getting Plumeria and/or Gladion, at least.

PerkyPancham

Aspiring Trainer
Watch my middle school-level salary be gone forever.....

I'm really excited for Necrozma GX, as it's probably my fav legendary and it's GX attack's gotta be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Wait.... What???! Charizard GX??! I hope this Stage 2 GX will be good, pls.

The set name is super duper cool. Burning Shadows, huh? #ChandieReference

Wait. The only Gen 7 Pokemons that aren't give their debut in the main TCG set are Silvally and Type: Null, Giant Exeggutor, Alolan Marowak, Surfing Raichu (Yes, I know. He was in the Trainer Kit. You know what I mean), Magearna, and the Ultra Beasts. Maybe these will give their debut except Silvally, I expect Silvally to have it's own set.

Last edited:

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
I'm just gonna say it.
I'm sick of Charizard
I'm sick of Darkrai
I'm mildly tired of Machamp

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Human characters?

Colress appeared in the S&M games, so why not give HIM a reprint? If that's not possible, at least give him a new card w/ a different name and effect, ala Oak and Oak New Theory?

Also, 140 cards? Makes it more likely that the Best of XY isn't going to make it stateside...

^ Unless it gets reprinted post-rotation in SM4, RIP, VS Seeker... You made the format faster, and soon, we'll have to struggle to get supporters from discard again... :(

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
I've always found the text blurbs for the English sets really vapid but "fight for what's right" is just yikes. Anyone could vomit up these preconstructed phrases.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
I just want to go on record as saying I knew it. I knew the riding Pokemon were all pretty much getting GX cards. Well save for Stoutland and Sharpedo because let's face it...Not very marketable. But who knows. Saving best for last? Charizard just from being popular is going to be expensive as a rainbow and full-art.