News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

It may have already been said, but 6 FULL ART SUPPORTERS! This one is going to break the bank as a full-art supporter collector! And there could have been 7...Where are you Olivia?

What if you need that little extra damage, but can't get an entire evolution line, like Crobat, or Deciduae into play. And I would have to say that Seviper probably is the best of the prerelease promos :p but considering the fact that none of said promos are very good, there isn't much competition for Seviper regardless :p
You have to be joking. If you have a decidueye based deck or a crobat based deck and you can't get out the evolution line your deck is literally based around, something's wrong with your deck list.
Also, I can't believe you're saying none of the promos are good. Crabominable is bloody amazing. One fighting energy and a choice band and it's doing 110 damage, one-shotting anything with fighting weakness, including darkrai, Tauros, drampa, and zoroark (all GXes which means you take two prizes so it's even better), and baby vikavolt, for ONE ENERGY. And you seriously think seviper adding 10 damage to a POISON attack (of which there are absolutely zero good ones in the game right now) is better than oneshotting GXes for one energy. Right.

If I'm counting it correctly, is that 23 secret rares? Not to forget the absolutely bonkers amount of regular full arts. I'm praying for increased pull rates.

Uughh, this set and Shining Legends are going to make me homeless ;_;

You have to be joking. If you have a decidueye based deck or a crobat based deck and you can't get out the evolution line your deck is literally based around, something's wrong with your deck list.
Also, I can't believe you're saying none of the promos are good. Crabominable is bloody amazing. One fighting energy and a choice band and it's doing 110 damage, one-shotting anything with fighting weakness, including darkrai, Tauros, drampa, and zoroark (all GXes which means you take two prizes so it's even better), and baby vikavolt, for ONE ENERGY. And you seriously think seviper adding 10 damage to a POISON attack (of which there are absolutely zero good ones in the game right now) is better than oneshotting GXes for one energy. Right.
First off, I think you need to calm down, this is just a silly little Pokémon card, its not like I think this Seviper will change the format or be anything other than a one-of tech in a deck, I don't think this Seviper is amazing by any means, I just think that he has a least some uses and shouldn't just be shrugged off as nothing. ;) Secondly, you clearly didn't read my quote right. I said that I didn't think of the promo cards are really good... Crabominable isn't bad, but I don't really think he's amazing (bloody or otherwise :p.) Lastly, I was under the assumption that Seismitoad would be the main card in a Seismitoad based deck, we were talking of using Decidueye as a support Pokémon, not the main attacker, besides, you can't always get your evolution line up instantly, your opponent isn't just sitting there letting you get a forest of Giant Plants out so you can just freely evolve all your Pokémon just like that, it has nothing to do with the decklist, it's just that it's a little faster way to wrack up damage is all :)

The main things I want from Burning Shadows:
  • Acerola FA
  • Guzma FA
  • Escape Rope SR (or even a reverse holo of the regular)
  • Necrozma-GX
  • Plumeria FA (more for the character than the effect)
  • Golisopod-GX
That being said, I wouldn't be disappointed if I pull SSU or Choice Band full arts.

Anyone else find Darkrai-GX to be somewhat broken??
Well the beauty of the upcomming format is that it not only seems to adapt a little slower format and high HP everywhere but also that all kinds of cards can be somewhat broken :). To me the Darkrai GX is as cool and good as many of the Tapu's while Kaiwe's are going to be a huge boost to any Flareon EX/Ho-Oh GX lover, or in general puts Fire decks on the map.
It may have already been said, but 6 FULL ART SUPPORTERS! This one is going to break the bank as a full-art supporter collector! And there could have been 7...Where are you Olivia?
Ha! I think next set might be a bit smaller again, though with a full art Olivia for sure.

This set is really cool. I never knew FA/Hyper Tapu Bulu and FA/Hyper Lycanroc were going to be in this set! This is the second set in a row that Lycanroc GX is in.

well designed.

Does Diancie trigger citp evolutions that don't have the "from your hand" qualifier?

So, here's the thing: trainers mail and seeker sped up the meta so much

Except they don't.

They make the meta more consistent, but you can only use one supporter per turn and attack once per turn and attach one energy per turn.

Max elixir can speed up the meta, but otherwise, the reason the meta has been so fast is because TCPI printed a ton of good basic pokemon and mega pokemon with energy acceleration. As of sun and moon, we've been getting very few great basic pokemon, and a lot more stage 1 and 2 pokemone with a lot of strength.

Am I the only one who wishes Pokemon releases a Solrock and Lunatone card that have synergy with each other AND don't suck? They're so unappreciated and unloved for Pokemon that look so cool. *Sigh*

incredible, I get elite trainer box and from 8 boosters not a single GX or ultra rare or even a useful trainer
how unlucky can you get :(((

incredible, I get elite trainer box and from 8 boosters not a single GX or ultra rare or even a useful trainer
how unlucky can you get :(((

That's a bummer. I feel like those Elite Trainer boxes are just mostly for the extra goodies. We sell them where I work and I've yet to get rid of one. At least the tins you have one guaranteed GX or EX.

Back