News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

Wait.... What???! Charizard GX??! I hope this Stage 2 GX will be good, pls.

The set name is super duper cool. Burning Shadows, huh? #ChandieReference

Wait. The only Gen 7 Pokemons that aren't give their debut in the main TCG set are Silvally and Type: Null, Giant Exeggutor, Alolan Marowak, Surfing Raichu (Yes, I know. He was in the Trainer Kit. You know what I mean), Magearna, and the Ultra Beasts. Maybe these will give their debut except Silvally, I expect Silvally to have it's own set.
Magearna actually debuted in Steam Siege as Magearna-EX and a promo. Unless you are counting SM+ the main sets.

Water types have been gaining so much strength lately and with Guardians Rising, they'll be nearly unstoppable. Aqua patch changes everything, Water decks just got given a nitrous injection and have an advantage over pretty much EVERY other deck.
So what do they do next? Oh, let's bring out some Fire type GX that will be ultimately useless and flushed down the toilet. They'll be nice to look at, but completely unplayable.
No chance, unless the set has a Fire Patch trainer card and Charizard GX has an ability that destroys Water types.

Heh Heh, a set with another Charizard, Darkrai, and Machamp deserves the name BS, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Going to try not to complain about Charizard-GX in fear I'll get banned again but I really want to see what that Ho-Oh-GX will do. I just hope it isn't bad.

So the release date of this set will be in the first days of August. I am guessing that there might be that shiny Mew GX. I knew there would be a Charizard GX. Perhaps a Venusaur or Blastoise GX as well? And for the full arts? It's a large range, but I'd guess FA Olivia (As revealed), Sophocles, Kiawe, Guzma or Plumeria (or really any important Team Skull figure) and Samson Oak. I think Oak would take place of Sycamor.
SM+ sets are always included in the next set so Mew GX will be in SM4

Human characters?

Colress appeared in the S&M games, so why not give HIM a reprint? If that's not possible, at least give him a new card w/ a different name and effect, ala Oak and Oak New Theory?

Also, 140 cards? Makes it more likely that the Best of XY isn't going to make it stateside...

^ Unless it gets reprinted post-rotation in SM4, RIP, VS Seeker... You made the format faster, and soon, we'll have to struggle to get supporters from discard again... :(
I was hoping Colress would get a reprint as well considering he appeared in game. Colress could be a very big draw supporter.

I knew there would be a Charizard GX! Now with that and Machamp GX, I firmly believe that we will get a GX Pokemon for every Ride Pokemon.

Ride Pokemon released/soon to be released:
Tauros
Lapras
Machamp
Charizard

Ride Pokemon unreleased:
Stoutland
Mudsdale
Sharpedo

What's a better way to celebrate a brand new generation than to give most of the Ultra Rares to old Pokémon that have already had several? :D

...*aggressively holding back tears*

Let me guess

Charizard GX
200HP

[R][R] Excitingly named claw move: 60
[R][R][R][R][R] Sci-Fi name for "massive fire": 230
Discard all [R] energies
[R][R][R][R][R] Stupid fire name GX:
*F--k off damage* to each of the opponent's benched Pokémon and
[insert energy acceleration effect here]

Are there any card images of Ho-Oh GX? I wonder if it will be fire or colorless type.
I don't remember a Ho-oh card ever being good so it'll be Colorless, work with Fire types but need a Lightning energy for a Dragon type move

Last edited by a moderator:
Back