Ash vs Takuto Team/Battle Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Ash also make the Top 4 or 5 in the Hoenn League besides Sinnoh? Takuto managed to use only Darkrai and Latios to beat Ash's team yet Ash wasn't using any strategic moves to counter against his opponent's Pokemon. I give credit for Pikachu using Thundershock on Latios though.

Ash's Heracross could've used X-Scissor on Darkrai and he'd have an easier time beating it instead of Heracross getting Knocked Out the way it did. Also it would've came in handy against Latios or Signal Beam since it's part Psychic.

Takuto's team is most likely filled with Ubers and Legendaries which would explain why the Judge called Takuto the winner despite that Ash only had 1-2 Pokemon left to battle. The anime did the same thing they did during Johto where after Ash beats his rival in the season he loses the next match in the League, in Kanto I think it was Lance of the Elite Four, Johto it was Harrison, in Hoenn it was somebody forgot who though, and in Sinnoh it's Takuto.

Takuto is a pain... Dark Void spamming and another legend. Brilliant.

After Ash and the BF bit in Gen III, I was pretty sure he would go all the way in Gen IV, especially after FINALLY overcoming Paul. Instead, the writers went crazy with fillers and crushed the space for the League, making it impossible. It's a shame, too, because IMO, over the course of Gen IV, Ash and his team matured. A lot.

Does this mean Ash needed Ubers to compete well despite how he mainly sees them in the movies? For all we know Ash could've caught Ho-Oh and try to compete with it but that never happened.

Weird how Takuto was the only Trainer at the Sinnoh League with 2 Ubers, 4 more would kinda be overkill. You'd think the Anime would be going by Smogon Tiers, that's silly...

Ash would never capture any legendaries. EVER. If that is what the people behind the anime wants.

Hellion said:
Takuto is a pain... Dark Void spamming and another legend. Brilliant.

After Ash and the BF bit in Gen III, I was pretty sure he would go all the way in Gen IV, especially after FINALLY overcoming Paul. Instead, the writers went crazy with fillers and crushed the space for the League, making it impossible. It's a shame, too, because IMO, over the course of Gen IV, Ash and his team matured. A lot.

I agree., Diamond and pearl took FOREVER. Ash went through alot. Im glad he finally beat paul, but im kinda dissapointed that he lost to some random trainer with legends. I also think it was really dumb to just throw takuto in at the last minute of the series, it wasnt a fair battle at all.

i hate ash his pokemon stink i am glad takuto beat him al tho it would have been go to see ash fight back instead of takuto taking out his pokemon 1 by 1

Agree with Electro. Takuto was one of the most annoying characters in D/P, second to Dawn. Takuto was some random person with Legendaries who kicked Ash's butt. It really annoyed me how the anime failed epically at adding him. Tyson from Hoenn was added last minute, but he was way more interesting and less annoying than Takuto.

~Holy Star

To me that battle wasn't too exciting. Ash's Pokemon got destroyed in a couple of seconds and was too fun to watch since the battles went by so fast. They seriously need to slow down with the battles so we can enjoy every part of it. But if the Pokemon get destroyed in seconds then it isn't fun to watch. Anyway Ash had a lot of trouble beating just Darkrai, but he actually did it. I was actually surprised that he managed to defeat it and actually make Takuto bring out his Latios. I really wanted to know what other Pokemon Takuto had beside his Darkrai and Latios. Probably just more legendaries.

I know this topic is old, but I have to say Takuto was an excuse to end the season, since DP was filled with filler, and they forgot all about BW. If Takuto wasn't in the league, Ash would have won.

Also if Ash would've won that means he had to also face Cynthia. Which would take a while and they need a couple of episodes to end the series. Since BW is coming out, they needed to hurry and end it. Though the battle with Takuto was really fast. I was hoping that they would've spent more time actually making that battle a good one.

So the anime was under a scheduled time limit and they took too long with the Diamond & Pearl series to reach a conclusion (too much focus on Dawn and her Contests), I guess it goes to show how much of a marketing gimmick the series has become since the end of Johto which is kinda sad.

It's like what ShayminSky said earlier, the producers shoehorned Takuto in to beat Ash as an excuse for him to go to Isshu and not battle against Cynthia to become the Pokemon Champion and fulfill his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master.

I would've wanted to see how Ash vs. Cynthia would turn out however Takuto was just. Had Ash decided to become a Frontier Brain in Hoenn his adventures in Sinnoh never would've happened and the producers of the series needed an excuse for him to stay in the series, last time it was Ho-Oh flying towards Sinnoh and I guess it's going to fly toward Isshu as well?

RE: Ash vs Takuto Team Discussion.

i'm am very happy he called back Sceptile because it is my favorite Pokemon!!! Ash's Sceptile is very strong, and he has used against even a few legendary Pokemon such as Deoxys, Regirock, and it was soooo nice to see it take out Darkrai! go Sceptile! i just wish that he could have kept it on his team when he left to go to Sinnoh :(

@SHAYMINSKY yes you are right! Diamond and Pearl had toooooo many filler episodes. i thought he was going to go back to Johto and challenge the new battle frontier. just like what he did in Kanto before he went to Sinnoh, but instead what could have been a whole new season, was also replaced with fillers(Lyra coming in to some of the episodes) but now they said that Best Wishes would move at a fast pace. maybe Ash will finish exploring Isshu and getting the gym badges and the Isshu league early and go back to the Hoenn region around the time Ruby and Sapphire remakes come out. it will definitely be nice to see that!

@ Ice Arceus: Say what? So Takuto had to battle Cynthia after he won the Suzuran Conference? Who told you that?

No. anime =/= games. Takuto beat some other dude, but Cynthia, as Sinnoh Champ, was there to congratulate him.

Quite possibly the most shallow finale of all time.

After what many thought was the "MOST EPIC RIVAL BATTLE EVER!" comes a cheap defeat for ash. It feels like the writers are acting like Master Roshi but are trying waaay to hard to insure that Ash never wins. The first time, ok, Charizard was a douche. The 2nd a 3rd times, legitimate losses though most would feel a bit blown off by them. But THIS!? You can't even say this was a good episode. It's a shame that people constantly claim that DP was better written than previous sagas before and they come around and forgive an episode like this because "Sceptile took out a Darkrai" or "Pikachu tied with Latios". It was a poor attempt at showing Ash was strong enough to get that far. But after SEVERAL episodes of Ash doing completely stupid mistakes, and ofcourse losing that full battle with 6-2, I can't even join in with the happiness that everyone else seems to have gained from this episode. It begs the question of why try to make a story out of this franchise period if they're gonna make Ash's losses THIS cheap, shallow, and "easy" for them to write just to rush two more episodes out before the release of the next gen games.

OK, we get it: ash lost, boo-hoo. BIG SUPPRISE, its not like he always looses.(sarcasm ftw). i agree that takuto is a legend noob who doesnt have enough skill to win with regular pokemon so he has to use ubers, but we DONT need so many threads for this. this discussion died a week ago if not longer and there is no longer anything left to talk about besides:" OH NOZ ASH LOST TOO DA LEGEND NUB, OH NOZ!"

@YakobTheRed

No, no, no. You have to win the tournament first, then you go on to face the Elite Four. If you can manage to take them all out, you go on to face the Champion. If you can beat them, then you are the new Champion. I think one of the DP Elite Four mentioned it in a episode. I think it was Lucian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back