Are We Alone?

Do you think that there are extraterrestrial life out there?

• Total voters
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/uk-releases-secret-papers-on-ufo-sightings/19363335?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fworld%2Farticle%2Fuk-releases-secret-papers-on-ufo-sightings%2F19363335

#1weavile said:
Could you please back this up?

To actually meet other life in the universe, we might have to travel at close to, if not at or beyond, light speed to actually come close. And even then space travel takes years upon years upon years. And by the time you get back everyone you know would be dead and everything would be completely different. Scary thought right there.

I am certain that extraterrestrial life found its way in the past. That would make a lot of sense for a lot of unanswered questions. There is definitely life out there somewhere, but my question is, if they're so far ahead in technology, what do they gain by representing themselves to us, weak humans on a little blue planet who's technology might be light years behind from theirs? Obviously one can't be ignorant, there have been so many sightings and even abductions. I guess one can wonder..

They *might* be. They also might be just like our planet. Or maybe even less civilized, but then they couldn't have visited us :p

The Fallen One said:
To actually meet other life in the universe, we might have to travel at close to, if not at or beyond, light speed to actually come close. And even then space travel takes years upon years upon years. And by the time you get back everyone you know would be dead and everything would be completely different. Scary thought right there.
That is the point I try to make when I ask why would a person want to go to another planet.

Loki said:
I am certain that extraterrestrial life found its way in the past. That would make a lot of sense for a lot of unanswered questions. There is definitely life out there somewhere, but my question is, if they're so far ahead in technology, what do they gain by representing themselves to us, weak humans on a little blue planet who's technology might be light years away from theirs? Obviously one can't be ignorant, there have been so many sightings and even abductions. I guess one can wonder..
Which unanswered question if I may ask?

Crop circles? The pyramids? All those weird looking Tiki heads which were sculpter from rock with a perfect surface? Lost time when "abducted"? I mean there are more but they're just not in the top of my head right now.

Loki said:
Crop circles?
Easiest thing to fake, like, ever. Although I guess wind and other natural phenomena can cause them to appear as well (I'm thinking tornadoes and lightning). Why would aliens communicate using crop circles anyway? Surely there are better ways.
Loki said:
The pyramids?
Hmmm... Egyptians? Honestly, the media tries to make a big deal out of these, yes, they're pretty cool, yes, they're big, yes, there's some geometry involved, THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE ALIENS, the Egyptians weren't dumb, but apparently these aliens were... Where's the massive spaceships? Where's the alien hieroglyphs? (they looked like crocodile-faced humans?) Where's the actually complex structures? How come later pyramids are actually way less impressive? Why did the aliens leave? And why in the world did the Egyptians need help from aliens to build pyramids?
Loki said:
All those weird looking Tiki heads which were sculpter from rock with a perfect surface?
Flat surfaces on wood, and even rock, isn't that hard to achieve, and again, why would aliens do this? Why in the world would aliens sculpt non-complex, silly looking HUMAN heads?
Loki said:
Lost time when "abducted"?
There's several phychological explenations for abductions, and they still make very little sense to me. Anecdotes are not evidence for anything, it's where the science starts, and so far, this science has not been able to show any evidence of extraterrestrial visitors.

Sometimes a bit of skepticism can't hurt. I always tend to examine propositions based on how many bizarre and unexplainable questions arise (which is also how I respond to silly claims), as well as why a proposition would need to be true. If there's no reason for something to exist beyond trivial things, it most likely doesn't. (Occam's razor). I mean, why would you for example believe in bigfoot when no actual evidence of his existence has been found, despite it apparently living in often visited places?

First let me start by saying I only read to first post.

I think there is life out there other then planet earth life.
Why not?
Just because we havent left our galaxy, doesnt mean there isnt another galaxy like ours.

Its pretty hard to beleive that out of the entire universe, we are the only life. Somthing about that just doenst make scense.

While I doubt that alien technology is as advanced as all movies show it as, I wouldnt be surprised if it was better then ours.
To be honest, if there is another planet with complex life, it will just like earth.

The whole, green skin, huge eyes ect is just fiction description of aliens. Other life is probably just a parrallel earth from another solar system.

EDIT: Just remembered somthing.

Okay, take huge structures such as the Pyramids. There is no way that mayans or any old civilization was able to build those by themselves. For one, the pyramids are HUGE. And secondly, if you study their design, you will notice that they are perfectly constructed. Perfect angles that are the same on all sides.
Then there are other structures around the world that have the same mystery behind them.

shadoworganoid said:
Okay, take huge structures such as the Pyramids. There is no way that mayans or any old civilization was able to build those by themselves. For one, the pyramids are HUGE. And secondly, if you study their design, you will notice that they are perfectly constructed. Perfect angles that are the same on all sides.
Then there are other structures around the world that have the same mystery behind them.

You would be surprised how smart the Mayans, the Greeks, and the Egyptians were. Besides, since the ancient Egyptians and Greeks were very closely related in intellectual societies, I wouldn't be surprised if the Greeks had a hand in building those pyramids. Ancient Greece had a thing for geometry. Personally, I think you're underestimating their intelligence which is quite bogus.

shadoworganoid said:
Even though they're huge and perfectly constructed doesn't mean the Egyptians weren't able to build them. These people weren't stupid. To be honest, you don't even need much knowledge to build a pyramid. I don't know what's so mysterious about them.

Also, if there really came aliens to help them why in god's sake they built pyramids for them? I think things like explaining simple physics would've been more usefull. Pyramids are big tombs in where pharaohs get to rest. Why would aliens, who were obviously much more intelligent if the came, even honor those pharaohs?

i'd also like to point out that time's were different back then, so people came up with crazy idea's like the pyramids and get as many (an entire army pretty much, 200,000+) to make these humongous triangle's. if our times were as simple as there's and obama was a dictator think about it. cya

varit said:
i'd also like to point out that time's were different back then, so people came up with crazy idea's like the pyramids and get as many (an entire army pretty much, 200,000+) to make these humongous triangle's. if our times were as simple as there's and obama was a dictator think about it. cya
Well, for them it wasn't just some crazy idea. Egyptians really thought pyramids where like a sort elevator to heaven. But yeah, take gigantic army of people nothing important to do their lives in the middle of the biggest sandbox in the world, give them plenty of rock, why wouldn't it be possible?

So anyone who does think pyramids is proof of aliens explain me why the reason we now have for the pyramids, so made by the Egyptians, is false and explain me what your evidence is for your theory. So, why aliens build them?

I've watched many shows on Aliens. Scientists are saying that Aliens helped Egyptians build pyramids. It would take a long time for Egyptians to build the Pyramids by themselves, and also they would need a lot of help. There are also many other monuments that are said the Aliens helped to build them.

Ice Arceus said:
I've watched many shows on Aliens. Scientists are saying that Aliens helped Egyptians build pyramids. It would take a long time for Egyptians to build the Pyramids by themselves, and also they would need a lot of help. There are also many other monuments that are said the Aliens helped to build them.
Who are these "scientists" you speak of? How did you know they were scientists? If they were wearing lab coats, they probably weren't scientists.
SETI is the only actually scientific approach to the search for extraterrestrial life, and so far they have found nothing significant, although I hope they do find something one day...

And TV can be a very unreliable source depending on the programs you watch, quite a few of these documentaries are either made by conspiracy theorists, people who gain something by making you believe something is either true or false, or to exite the public, which is always good for the ratings. Always try to approach one-sided documentaries with a bit of skepticism.

But yeah, my argument still stands, and it's been repeated quite a number of times as well. Aliens, if they reached Earth, would have to have been way too advanced and capable to help humans build large piles of rocks to hide their dead pharaohs in. Geometry like that does not require superhuman intelligence, let alone extraterrestrial intelligence, since we, and indeed the ancient Greek, have figured it out quite a while ago. And let's not forget the massive amount of slaves during the time of the Egyptians, whos tools we find near the pyramids, which is quite an odd thing for aliens to leave lying around there, wouldn't you think?

Also, there have been many models of pyramids, some more stable and larger than others, build over a period of a few hundred years. which makes it all seem more like trial and error than anything else. And I honestly think the pyramids are nothing compared to some of the temples, which are way more pretty and complex, but obviously built by humans.

pyramidj.gif

WailmerMan said:
pretty much all the posts repeated what I said in different words

Don't spam.

dmaster out.

If this is spam everyone would be banned

I'd like for you to even quote one post that had no information added like yours and NOT counted for spam. I dare you.
~Zyflair

This really made me laugh.
Anyway, as many others have said, I think that with all the space out there, there must be another planet like ours somewhere, with human life. But, I doubt we'll ever find it.

6-Dimension said:
This really made me laugh.
Anyway, as many others have said, I think that with all the space out there, there must be another planet like ours somewhere, with human life. But, I doubt we'll ever find it.
Can you explain me your definition of ''human life'' please?

Back