Are these fake boxes?

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
http://datamaxall.info/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&categories_id=&keyword=Pokemon+booster+box

Got so many rare booster boxes at normal price as if it was 2003. However the site is from China so it's possible that they're all fake... Of course I'm gonna be pretty upset if someone buys them and they turn out to be legit and profit. But it's unlikely. Soooo anyone want to step up to bat? Unless someone here has already bought from them and confirm their authenticity. It's so very tempting to just order 6 boxes and skyridge and make 3x what you paid. Sounds too good to be true.

EDIT: hmm their Aquapolis booster pack lot is a copy/paste of Gathering Grounds description... -.-; it's very likely fake then.

chrisaquilina

Aspiring Trainer
I have never seen such prices for those boxes. I stock loads of them and I have never bought / sold such boxes that cheap. I don't even trust the pictures to be honest....

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Read the reviews. They are good for a laugh. Most likely fake at those prices. But the listing does not say language, so it could be a foreign language.

AnUnown

The Pokellector
Some do specify language. Also, some, like this one, say loose packs and not sealed box:

http://datamaxall.info/pokemon-ex-dragon-frontiers-booster-box-lot-36-loose-packspokemon-company-international_p4748.html

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!
Maybe someone should contact them and see what they say. If they're not willing to show pictures, that pretty much guarantees FAKE!

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
theducktamer said:
Maybe someone should contact them and see what they say. If they're not willing to show pictures, that pretty much guarantees FAKE!

I'll give it a try.

Most likely fake for obvious reasons, but there website looks convincing.

I laughed hard at this: http://datamaxall.info/faq_info.html?faqs_id=12

EDIT: Apparently you can't even contact their "24/7 customer service."

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Hmm... the website (domain) seems to be only 89 days old. :/ http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/datamaxall.info

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
omahanime said:
Read the reviews. They are good for a laugh. Most likely fake at those prices. But the listing does not say language, so it could be a foreign language.

Hahaha, they're not even for the cards, it's either for a table, a drive or a battery.
"First I thought this was a very good speaker, but when I bought it, worked well, but sometimes it's hard to make it work. You have to press the power button and then make it work again."
-Secure and Reliable Shopping!
-Full Manufacturer Warranty
-Includes All Accessories
-30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Didn't know booster boxes came with a warranty... :S

Some do specify language. Also, some, like this one, say loose packs and not sealed box:

And that Dragon Frontiers Box says two things... a loose lot and a a sealed box. I wonder which is it.

"Pokemon EX Dragon Frontiers Booster Box LOT 36 LOOSE PACKS,Pokemon Company International
A Sealed POKEMON EX DRAGON FRONTIERS Booster Box. Each box contains 36 packs. Each pack contains 9 Cards. In EX Dragon Frontiers, players will journey further than any Trainer has ever been before to explore the islands where powerful Dragon Pok%E9mon rule. In addition to a wide variety of new Pok%E9mon Delta Species and Trainer cards, the release will also introduce new game strategies through two new attack effects, Shock-wave and Imprison, that will thrill players both new and old. 10 more powerful Pokemon-EX and 2 Legendary Pokemon to find and play! Exciting holographic parallel set for players and collectors alike!"

The fact that there's a %E9 in between Pokemon makes you think they copied and pasted it.

If I had 100$ to burn I'd buy some in no time to check it out. I send a message asking how many they had in stock but no response yet. This was before I realized the site was from China and then had my doubts. They've gotten really good at printing fake boosters and packaging. Except they still use stock photos.

The Aquapolis loose lots says the Pokemon Company International made so there's a problem... we all know Wizards of the Coast made that set.

But one that's intriguing is this box
datamaxall.info/Japanese-Basic-Unlimited-Booster-Box--60-packs--Pokemon_p4182.html

There's like no details about that one at all. and it's unlimited but I didn't think the first pokemon sets had 1st edition prints in the Japanese version.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
YES. They are all fake, if they exist at all. I found the BIG red flag.

Payment methods available in our store:

Western Union
MoneyGram
Wire Transfer

For small amount requests, You can use Credit card to disburse your order. For large amount orders, we accept your payment transferred through Western Union or Wire Transfer.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Oh, well that about clears everything up. I guess we can go ahead and shut down this thread. Western Union and etc are usually meant to transfer funds from yourself to someone you *know*. Selling on craigslist I get tons of fake checks and people begging me to cash the check and transfer via using those things but they don't know that the moment they sent it, I turn it to the cops and LOL at their e-mails and I'm playing along with their not so elaborate plan. Who knows if they actually get arrested but it's so fun when they're like

"Hello KIND sir, today is been 7 days since you last communication with me. I need to know what the status. Did you get the check yet? Please! PLEASE! Hurry and send the money! My daughter is in the hospital and I trusted you to be good and faithful to hurry and complete your payment. I have already you offered more than what you originally asked for, do not attempt to rob me or I will call police. This is URGENT!!! Get back to me ASAP I have your address and I can call the authorities at anytime!!!"

From an actual e-mail a few years ago. You can tell they're foreign with how bad their English is.

~ The more you know.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If they accepted credit cards, I was thinking of buying a box. Because with American Express you have 1 year for charge backs.

I am leaving open, in case any other fake boxes show up.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
I thought they accepted PayPal?

They have an image at the bottom of their website that makes it seem like an accepted form of payment.

Smeargle

Another red card for the gym challenge is:

2012-10-26 Steel714 Reviews I can wireless print from my Mac, ipad, iPhone & my windows laptop
It's called the HP-7520 e-All-In-One Printer!...and it's on Sale Now (10-05-12) at BestBuy. $149.99
Demand high print quality, Budget Conscious, Infrequent user, Photo enthusiast

Just seems shady to mention printing in an already too-good to be true sale that involves cards...

AnUnown

The Pokellector
Working in the online field, it's not at all uncommon for these sites to use dinky companies to submit fake ratings. Also not uncommon for Chinese companies to use stock descriptions since they usually can't write well in English. Though, I'd agree with the general consensus here: They're likely legit as in you'll get a product, but the product will likely be a knockoff.

Bo$$_89

Two Posts a Day Kept the Trolls Away
SoulWind said:
theducktamer said:

I'll give it a try.

Most likely fake for obvious reasons, but there website looks convincing.

I laughed hard at this: http://datamaxall.info/faq_info.html?faqs_id=12

EDIT: Apparently you can't even contact their "24/7 customer service."

lol try clicking number 8

EDIT:
lolzyc.png

ChiefLittleFish

Given Up on Collecting the TCG
Some Tips Customer Need To Pay Attention To:

When you sign up for Our Store account you are indicating that you agree to the policies and terms we've published in our online Knowledgebase.
Here are some of the most important information that you must be aware of before you place orders:
- Our Store sends goods to you from China. As such, you (or the consignee) are IMPORTING. In many countries this means you will be liable for import duties and other taxes. It's your responsibility to find out about this, and your responsibility to pay the taxes/charges on receipt of the items. Dropshippers: please inform your customers about this in advance.
- Generally most of the couriers can not deliver to PO box.So please offer us an street address.
- You need a valid phone number in your account. Dropshippers - please provide your customer's phone number for the courier to use.
- Take note of the *sensor* megapixel rating on digital cameras, not the "interpolated" rating.
- We strongly recommend you order samples before proceeding with large wholesale orders.
- All our products are covered by our 12 month warranty.
- Customers need to return faulty items to us in China. Sometimes the returning shipping cost is refundable if we find a mistake was made by us.

The cost of shipping replacement products is covered by BangGood.
Please also take the time to read the BangGood Terms And Policies documents online in our Knowledgebase.

Also, there is a sub-section titled;
Is It Safe To Shop At Store

Oh yea, '8' doesn't even work for me. :D