XY Anyone else dislike parts of this game?

Hydro Cannon said:
Otherwise, it could just still be BW3 and I'd be fine.

Lol, you and what army.

I probably would have dropped the franchise if they did that. B/W is stale, and IMO never that good. But now I have new hope.

AnUnown said:
Is this really just a "I want r/s thread waaaaaah" in disguise?

No, it's an honest thread to discuss aspects of the revealed parts of the game that you dislike. That's it lol

I dont like the characters that much the girl is ok i guess but customization could fix that... Also its been bothering me that a lot of people is complaining about the fact that there are too many frogs when the fact is there is only 1 frog in the game until now, Toxicroak. Politoed and Seismitoad are toads. Poliwrath is an oversized tadpole(I think otherwise I dont know what he is) and if you want to include venasaur in there it would probably be a toad. Although they may be similar toads=/=Frogs.

Are these games going to e playable on the DSL-DSiXL? This is the only thread I could think of to ask this because I can't get the 3DS. Thanks XD.:)

Just because I'm old school, I will miss the sprited Pokemon. But otherwise, I think the "3D" world (in quotes because as someone else mentioned the character still appears to move on a 2D grid) is going to be pretty slick. The trailer had me drooling.

The gameplay isn't finished, so I'm not sure if the main characters will still look that cheesy. Hopefully they fix that up. :3

Hydro Cannon said:
I HAVE A QUESTION... Can we go up ledges now.... Or will we finally see how person we look not getting up them? :O

I was wondering the same exact thing. My guess is no and it will look weird. lol

Icyangelus said:
I dont like the characters that much the girl is ok i guess but customization could fix that... Also its been bothering me that a lot of people is complaining about the fact that there are too many frogs when the fact is there is only 1 frog in the game until now, Toxicroak. Politoed and Seismitoad are toads. Poliwrath is an oversized tadpole(I think otherwise I dont know what he is) and if you want to include venasaur in there it would probably be a toad. Although they may be similar toads=/=Frogs.

Frogs=Toads.

Icyangelus said:

Okay I'll restate my statement. There's too many amphibians. lol Is that more clear guys?

theducktamer said:
Icyangelus said:

Okay I'll restate my statement. There's too many amphibians. lol Is that more clear guys?

Agreed. I'd like more variety. I mean, a decent water starter. Piplup stunk. His final form looked cool. Totodile was epic. Squirtle was classic. Mudkip was cute and had awesome typing. Oshawott.... Meh. His final forme was the only good thing. Whatever that new frog type is, unless it's water/new type, I'm not gonna like it too much. Looks too much like Seismitoads normal offspring xD.

I'm really not too suprised by the fact that many people seem to think that frogs and toads are distinctly different because many of us were taught that they are. I would just like to point out that toads and frogs belong to the same taxonomic groups and are in fact the same. I suppose you could say that not all frogs are toads, sort of like how not all insects are bugs. Either way, since all toads are frogs, Politoad, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Sizemetoad (sp?) and all the rest of the tadpoles are all frogs. And Venusaur is not a frog. Wut?

Well then, it's about time we get non-Toad Frogs, as all the rest seem to be Toads.

I don't DISLIKE and of the game so far, but I have some thoughts.
Firstly, the 3d graphics are great and all, but if you look closely, some of the environments and the grass, look very ugly and cheap, namely visible in the desert/ mountains and route 3.
Secondly, the trainers, in the new 3d and more thoughouly presented worlds, the trainers standing by the side of the rode motionless, are more... Wierd, ominous, creepy, strange (for lack of better words).
But overall, I guess that's ok since the game is probably in early stages, and they say that the footage is not final in the trailer. Or I guess I can get used to it.

Zoroark316 said:
I don't DISLIKE and of the game so far, but I have some thoughts.
Firstly, the 3d graphics are great and all, but if you look closely, some of the environments and the grass, look very ugly and cheap, namely visible in the desert/ mountains and route 3.
Secondly, the trainers, in the new 3d and more thoughouly presented worlds, the trainers standing by the side of the rode motionless, are more... Wierd, ominous, creepy, strange (for lack of better words).
But overall, I guess that's ok since the game is probably in early stages, and they say that the footage is not final in the trailer. Or I guess I can get used to it.

A lot of people are talking about the ugly graphics and rough edges.... But you have to remember the trailer is blown up for the internet.... It should (hopefully) look amazingly sharp and wholesome on your 3ds/xl screen.

evilpacman said:
I'm really not too suprised by the fact that many people seem to think that frogs and toads are distinctly different because many of us were taught that they are. I would just like to point out that toads and frogs belong to the same taxonomic groups and are in fact the same. I suppose you could say that not all frogs are toads, sort of like how not all insects are bugs. Either way, since all toads are frogs, Politoad, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Sizemetoad (sp?) and all the rest of the tadpoles are all frogs. And Venusaur is not a frog. Wut?

Yes, Frogs and Toads belonged in the same group BUT they both are completely different. I can explain the whole list of difference between those two if you like. There is only one "water-type" frog which is Politoed but people may or may not agree with me since Politoed is bipedal and he's walking instead of jumping like frogs do.

Aquapulse said:
evilpacman said:

Yes, Frogs and Toads belonged in the same group BUT they both are completely different. I can explain the whole list of difference between those two if you like. There is only one "water-type" frog which is Politoed but people may or may not agree with me since Politoed is bipedal and he's walking instead of jumping like frogs do.

You can go ahead and explain it to me but toads are frogs. Its true.

evilpacman said:
Aquapulse said:

Lol. This should be fun. *started to read old marine biology book*

-Frogs likes to live in moisty environments (except a few), toads do not--toads like dry environments.
-Frogs need water to survive and they have wet skin. Toads do not, and they have dry, warty skin.
-Toads have short arms/legs, frogs have long ones.
-Frogs jumps, and they can climbs trees, toads walk and I don't think they can climb trees since they only can hop, not jump.
-Frogs have bulging eyes and toads have poison glands behind their eyes
-Frogs have small body while toads have round and fatter body.

I can list more, but I prefer to summarize a bit (I don't want to take the whole space). Basically, they do belonged in the same group, heck some frogs have "toads" in their offical names. But the point is, they have major differences, it's like you're saying that dolphins and whales are the same, but they're not. EDIT: Dolphin and Whales both are in the same family but they're still different. xP

Aquapulse said:
evilpacman said:

Lol. This should be fun. *started to read old marine biology book*

-Frogs likes to live in moisty environments (except a few), toads do not--toads like dry environments.
-Frogs need water to survive and they have wet skin. Toads do not, and they have dry, warty skin.
-Toads have short arms/legs, frogs have long ones.
-Frogs jumps, and they can climbs trees, toads walk and I don't think they can climb trees since they only can hop, not jump.
-Frogs have bulging eyes and toads have poison glands behind their eyes
-Frogs have small body while toads have round and fatter body.

I can list more, but I prefer to summarize a bit (I don't want to take the whole space). Basically, they do belonged in the same group, heck some frogs have "toads" in their offical names. But the point is, they have major differences, it's like you're saying that dolphins and whales are the same, but they're not. EDIT: Dolphin and Whales both are in the same family but they're still different. xP

The problem is that you are using an old biology book. They are not classified as different. The only true toads belong to bufonidae and they are still considered frogs. I used to own Fire-bellied toads for example and they meet the criteria for toads and frogs in a few ways. Toads can also jump and climb depending on the species. My girlfriends old roommate had 2 toads that were able to climb the tank they lived it. And it is a bit different than trying to compare dolphins to whales. Its more akin to insects and bugs which I already mentioned before.

Politoed is a frog.

Edit: In fact, after re reading your list, it seems the toads you are referring too are the bufo toads that are commonly described like that. Bufo toads are toads but they are also frogs.

Back