XY Anyone else dislike parts of this game?

Hydro Cannon

Just a random dood
Ok, the starters were just meh at best to me. I didn't care for them. Especially the grass one. Fire and water are fine. And the legendaries. Just no.... The only awesome part is the 3D and epic graphics. Otherwise, it could just still be BW3 and I'd be fine. They better have some good filler pokemon.

And I'm sure I'll love it when it comes out and buy it, it just.... GAH! I don't like it right now!

Anyone else feel the same way with anything?

It is really too early to judge the games. Only five Pokemon have been revealed.

I remember disliking Oshawott when it was first revealed, but now I love him. The same happened with Emboar and Serperior.

It's very early days with this, so they could grow on you before October. They've only been revealed today, so just wait for them to sink in.

I looove the Pokémon but I don't like the overworld graphics. :p

I actually don't mind the Pokemon that much so far. I'm sure there will be others that win me over.

The male protagonist's hat is really bugging me. What a stupid stupid hat. Thank god for a female protagonist (and hopefully not a dumb accessory). If the game has trainer customization though, then I have to say I don't dislike any part of the game so far.

Edit: Just saw a quick shot of the female protagonist in the trailer. It looked ok I guess. I'd still love to see customization though.

dmaster out.

I think the designs fell flat on the clothing especially on the Female.
Also the Male protagonist look like a 3D version of Black

Not liking the clothing/overall design of the protagonists but I don't really care too much and its still too soon to really tell.

Is anyone else disappointed with the more cartoonish look? I always liked the square-oriented motion, and while it looks like that's sticking around, the rounder/larger/cartoony look just seems too different.

Hydro Cannon said:
Ok, the starters were just meh at best to me. I didn't care for them. Especially the grass one. Fire and water are fine. And the legendaries. Just no.... The only awesome part is the 3D and epic graphics. Otherwise, it could just still be BW3 and I'd be fine. They better have some good filler pokemon.

And I'm sure I'll love it when it comes out and buy it, it just.... GAH! I don't like it right now!

Anyone else feel the same way with anything?

Honestly, I think you're jumping to conclusions. We haven't see the whole evolution stages yet. That being said, it may change your mind once you see it. I love all of them. The grass type is totally different from previous generations. No reptiles or dinosaurs stuff, unless of course its evolved stage is based one of these. The fire fox is cool, I think the hair ear part will changed to the actual fire once it use fire type moves. The frog is soooo cute, yeah, there's other frogs in the pokeworld but most of it are not that even close to frog like Poliwrath. I refused to see that as a frog. They might pull a "Samurott" on us with those new starters. You never know, only time will tell.

I'm with you, Hydro. The fox is cool, but I was really hoping for something like a lion? The frog really bugs me... We have a TON of frogs. There are so many other aquatic animals they could have chosen from. Why not a dolphin??? And I'm kinda tired of rodent like starters, but I hope the evolutions won't disappoint.

The bird legendary is interesting. I kinda like it.

I'm still indifferent with the elk. :)

Actually I thought all 5 Pokemon revealed were awesome. However I do not like the character designs. I'm also worried on how different the battle system is going to be.

There's something wrong with the Pokemon designs? Wow, I found them to be really outstanding. Refreshing, even.

The thing I am kinda meh about is the cel-shaded animation. It isn't bad, but transitioning into to that will take some getting used to.

I don't like the Pixelated graphics, how the over world models look like My Sims or how I can't tell the difference between BW Male and XY Male, bar the hat.
Also, am I the only one who thinks the X Legendary looks like an evolution of Sawsbuck/Virizion?

BTW, Theducktamer, Frogs are Amphibians, not Mammals.
Though, I have to disagree. At least this time we get a frog that isn't ugly.

I love it all.
Although like some noted getting used to the full 3D may take time. I also did noticed some rough edges/pixelation of the 3D models and world.

I HAVE A QUESTION... Can we go up ledges now.... Or will we finally see how person we look not getting up them? :O

The characters were the one problem I had with it at first, I thought they were actually both girls at first. I took me a while to notice the one who looked like Black was a guy, his 3D face just doesn't look like it. The 3D graphics are my other concern, if they aren't done right, it could be a mess, I believe that GF can do it right though.

@Blob55: When did I call the frog a mammal? Lol I know it's an amphibian. I said there are many other ANIMALS they could have chosen from. The dolphin was just an idea and a personal want of mine for a long time. :)

As long as they continue to allow you to shut off the 3D on the system, I think the graphics will be cool. Fresh. The 3D feature sadly gives me a headache. :/

Back