Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

I love how the backrounds of these emerging FAs are a bit more than colour swirls. Sceptile looks like it is in a grassy area, Ampharos is in a thunderstorm, Tyranitar just looks sick and Lugia is wrapped in wind ^_^

Edit: They overdid that Hoopa in a good kinda way O_O

I like the Giratina and Ampharos / M-Ampharos art best out of the EX's. But why another Kyurem? You could use that precious spot for something that hasn't had an EX yet, e.g. Eeveelutions. (Too biased here, am I?)

I always felt the Mega FA's were overdone. I prefer regular EX FA's. I mean, take Tyranitar for example, You already have an Ancient Trait, an aesthetically unpleasing Mega Evolution rule and attack name splattered across the Pokémon's midsection, and you still have to add those bolts? Seriously? This is a card, not a 1 meter squared poster.

I always felt the Mega FA's were overdone. I prefer regular EX FA's. I mean, take Tyranitar for example, You already have an Ancient Trait, an aesthetically unpleasing Mega Evolution rule and attack name splattered across the Pokémon's midsection, and you still have to add those bolts? Seriously? This is a card, not a 1 meter squared poster.
Still better than the gold cards. :p

Hoopa FA is terrifying and I love it. I really like how Kyurem's and Ampharos's turned out, too!

I agree , but the M Ampharos is an exception on this rule in my opinion

Disappointed about no FA trainers but the artwork on pretty much all the FAs makes up for it! Also disappointed nothing good came from my favorite artists apart from Flareon, but oh well :cool:

FA Kyurem looks amazing... It's a shame the card is bad and it's just another Kyurem... but this looks so much better than the NXD one...

...I love this set.

The 5 secret rares make me a little un easy collecting wise but aside from that, i love this set!

FA Kyurem looks amazing... It's a shame the card is bad and it's just another Kyurem... but this looks so much better than the NXD one...

Yeah, can't they just have made the card Aurorus-EX or something? You could keep literally everything else on it except the name and art.

Back