'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This is much better in Expanded. The Ability is busted - Exeggcute lets you heal 60 every turn for free which means you need to swing for a minimum of 170 damage just to 2HKO this beast and that's assuming you don't do any other healing such as Mixed Herbs or Great Potion which raises the 2HKO damage minimums to GX attack levels. Meanwhile, 180 damage is enough to cleanly 2HKO every Tag Team in the game (fun fact, Reshizard is exactly 2HKOed after a double Mixed Herbs heal) as well as one-shot just about every Basic GX, which by the way is completely unresisted since nothing resists Dragon. GX attack is nothing to write home about but it is a way to end the game, and it's not that bad since you flip all your Prizes first. Toss a Choice Helmet on this thing and watch the damage just melt away.

You can even go full meme and use the Ludicolo from Detective Pikachu for an additional 30 heal per Ludicolo per turn, lol.

The hardest part is going to be attaching Energy, but at least you have DDE in Expanded to let you start swinging while you build up a dude on the Bench.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
I like to make fake pokemon cards on Google's Keep Notes app.
This is literally one of the GX's I made the other day. Holy shit...

Wechselbalg

brb
The ability is completely irrelevant because the attack is bad so this will most likely only be ever promoted to the active to take the last 2 prize cards.

RHowford

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Seems like Malamar is the obvious partner for this. Discard giratina with ability, yadda yadda yadda

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
I think this will be an attacker in the new Naganadel decks. Easy to just tech in a dark energy or two and beast ring. Might need to play an energy spinner as more decks get way to skip beast ring turns. This thing isna complete tank with great potion and gluttony. Problem is you are already discarding Pokemon with ultra trade... It's also worth noting it's 3 rc cost for next format. I don't see this card getting much play. GX attack that just take prizes are just worse than knocking out an opponent Pokemon for the same amount.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
How about we get some TTGXs without the same tired Legendaries and Ultra Beasts that get used on every chase card and probably already have GX cards alrea--

*booed off the stage*

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
How about we get some TTGXs without the same tired Legendaries and Ultra Beasts that get used on every chase card and probably already have GX cards alrea--

*booed off the stage*

I agree with you. I am still waiting for my Swampert-GX or a Tag Team involving Swampert. We've had a Sceptile-GX and a Blaziken-GX but no Swampert-GX? That is inexcusable.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer

Nyora

A Cat
So like, it can heal 60 a turn, do 180 for three, and easily take 2 prizes? Count me in, I love this. In expanded you van use FFB or choice helmet with Exeggcute and/or Great Potion to make this thing super freaking bulky, and also use DDE to make the attack costs much more easilt manageable

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
We've got a potential for MegaLopunny & ??? TTGX since we are only expecting 1 TTGX left for Cosmic Eclipse, If the Alola Trio TTGX was true.